Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by ForeverRed, Jan 12, 2011.
Who made you moderator of our forum now? Somebody sort out that code....
2nd Bundesliga club KSC has signed former BVB II player Denis Omerbegovic.
Japan is leading syria 1-0 in the second half right now...
MUNICH -- Forward Kenny Cooper is leaving German second-division club 1860 Munich to return to Major League Soccer.
Munich says Cooper will join the Portland Timbers. The American arrived in Munich in 2009 from Dallas.
From yesterday's "kicker".
A shot of the Gelsenkirchner Turnhalle!
It is sort of like their team right now.
Lots of money spent, but big pieces still missing! LOL!!
According to this "kicker" article, Hoffenheim striker Demba Ba has been sold to English Premier League club Stoke City.
Hoffenheim bought Ba from Belgian club Excelsior Mouscron before the 2008 season for 3M Euros.
The Stoke City move is rumored to be for around 10M Euros if certain provisions are met.
20 percent of the Stoke fee will go to Excelsior Mouscron.
Rumors floating about on Klose heading to Real Madrid or Aston Villa this winter...
Nothing solid though. It has been a pretty slow transfer window so far so I think any little bit of gossip turns into and article to get people to read their stuff.
Here is one of the articles on goal.com
Mainz and Bayern both dropped points today. Bayern tied with a Dzeko-less Wolfsburg while VfB took all three points from Mainze.
Don't forget SC Freiburg. They dropped points today too.
If Hannover wins tomorrow, they move into second place.
If they win, they'll be "just" 12 points behind us.
And so we are
You guys have to be enjoying this season as much as we are!
1) Steven Pienaar Has A Choice: Boy. When Borussia Dortmund dumped Steven Pienaar as if he were smelly garbage, did anyone figure that not fully three seasons later, two of the biggest clubs in England would be fighting over him?? Last week, Chelsea and Everton agreed on a transfer fee for Pienaar to move to Chelsea. However, reports say Pienaar held out for Everton to come to an agreement with Tottenham. Everton and Tottenham have now agreed on a transfer fee. All that awaits is for a decision from Pienaar and agreement with one of the club. Not bad for a guy BVB couldn't seem to find any use for. I know. People will point to where we are now and say we shouldn't think about things like this anymore. I say, "bull-f#cking-shit." It happened. Just because things have gotten better since, it doesn't mean this gets forgotten when something comes up with Pienaar. If we hadn't been stupid enough to give up on this guy seemingly because of who brought him in, we may have gotten to this point just a bit faster. And for those of you who might say he wouldn't have done the same in Dortmund, I say to you again, "bull-f#cking-shit." Pienaar was easily BVB's best and most-improved player after Thomas Doll took over from Jürgen Röber. This isn't a "Nelson Valdez" case because Valdez got more time than he deserved. Pienaar was dumped like a bad habit for reasons I don't understand to this day. Don't get me wrong. I'm happy with where we are now. I'm happy management has finally been able to string some good moves together. But make no mistake, I still believe in a few instances our management team "stepped in a pile of shit and fell into a rosebush." I still believe we got on the right track out of sheer necessity, not because someone finally got his head out of his ass. Again, I'm happy to be here, but I have no "grand illusions" about how we got here. No matter how much the media tries to make it out as if someone finally got his head out of his ass.
UPDATE: Pienaar sent a message via his Twitter account stating he is moving to Tottenham.....
2) Scheisse 04 Loans Jermaine Jones To Blackburn: Both clubs have confirmed Jones' loan to Blackburn Rovers. According to the kicker report, Blackburn has a buy option for the "USA International" Jones. I would be surprised if this option gets used because I can't remember the last time Jermaine Jones was able to stay fit for six months. But hey, if former Hertha flop Christoper Samba can go to Blackburn and be reasonably successful, why can't "USA International" Jermaine Jones? Oops! I answered my own question above, didn't I? Because Jones can't stay fit! LOL!! You might be wondering why I wrote "USA International" in quotation marks? Because Jermaine Jones is about as "American" as I am "German." Actually, I think I'd have a better claim on being "German" than Jones really has on being "American." Oh well. It doesn't matter. Speaking seriously. I think this is a huge mistake on Scheisse's part. Why? Because when Jones is fit, he's the closest thing they have to an "anchor" in midfield. I'm guessing Felix is going to count on Peer Kluge to fill this role. And Kluge is a great guy to do this job. If your target is finishing upper mid-table..........
3) Sunderland Reported To Have Rekindled Interest In Gladbach Midfielder Michael Bradley: This report is from "kicker." The 23 year-old U.S. International Bradley has been linked with several English Premiership clubs, but the Sunderland interest seems to be the most realistic. "kicker" speculates that Sunderland will table a bid for Bradley in the next few days.
4) Stoke City Still Interested In Closing Demba Ba Deal: Demba Ba, the Hoffenheim striker who refused to play because Hoffenheim wouldn't listen to offers from England for him, got his way and went to England for a medical with Stoke City FC. WHICH HE FAILED!! Instead of reporting back to Hoffenheim, Ba has stayed in England. Stoke City manager (coach) Tony Pulis has not given up on the deal. He really wants to sign Ba. However, I get the feeling Stoke is trying to get Hoffenheim to cut the price (reported to be 7M Euros) even more. If this is the case, if I were Dietmar Hopp (the Gustavo deal left no doubt who has final say in Hoffenheim), I'd tell Stoke to "f#ck off" and tell Ba to get his ass back to Germany or he'll spend the rest of his contract time playing amateur football.
5) West Ham Falls Back In Love With Coach Avram Grant After Being Turned Down By Martin O'Neill (MON): After pretty much firing coach Avram Grant in the press before their match this past weekend, West Ham management quickly regained confidence in Grant after former Leicester City, Celtic and Aston Villa coach MON turned them down for the West Ham coaching position. British press is speculating that MON turned down West Ham because he's the prime target of Liverpool to take over at the end of the season. That would be a great move by Liverpool.
And staying with Liverpool.......
6) Steven Gerrard Says He Wants To "Give His All" To Get The Results To Insure Kenny Dalglish Stays On At Liverpool: BBC has this. He apparently said this shit in public. Someone help me out here. As CAPTAIN at Liverpool Football Club, shouldn't Gerrard be giving his all to get good results just because of that CLUB BADGE on his chest??!! Is he saying he hasn't given his all for Liverpool Football Club before?? Or is he just f#cking thick and this is his way of saying he tanked under Hodgson, but he likes Dalglish better, so he's going to play better now? Let's see. How much better have they done since Dalglish took over??? Idiot.
7) Liverpool's Ryan Babel Fined 10,000 Pounds For Posting Comments & Photo Critical Of Referee Howard Webb On Twitter: People really can't complain about this one. I was surprised he wasn't fined and suspended. And I would say the same if knucklehead Wayne Rooney had done this. Were it Rooney, I would call for him to be fined more. Babel is immature and felt his team had been robbed. He acted rashly. This fine should be enough. It should be let go after this.
Wait! They don't have to worry anymore! According to "kicker", Babel has been sold to 1899 Hoffenheim as Demba Ba's replacement!! Way to go Hoffenheim!!!
8) Manchester United Defender Rafael Charged With Misconduct For Red Card Reaction: Rafael is even younger and more immature than Babel. But here, I have to bring up Rooney again. I wrote on Facebook about this one. I said:
"I didn't agree with the call, but I certainly agree with charging Rafael for his reaction. The kid should have just STFU and let SAF handle this. The disgraceful example Wayne Rooney set didn't help matters either."
Rooney was in referee Mike Dean's (yes, the same one who many feel f#cked us in the Europa League) face before Rafael got there. I think had Rooney not had a go at Dean, the young and impressionable Rafael might not have either. However, there is no excuse for what Rafael did and what he said. If Rafael is fined and suspended, I would understand. But that would also be unfair seeing that Babel wasn't suspended and Babel trashed a referee's integrity. He didn't just yell "f#ck off" at him. Bottom line? Both Manchester United players, Rooney and Rafael, should have just stayed out of Dean's face. In my opinion, Rooney's stupid ass should have been charged too. Usually, I would be all for Rafael getting suspended. But again, if they didn't suspend Babel for totally trashing a referee's integrity, they shoudn't suspend Rafael for telling one to "f#ck off."
There's more, but I need to stop now. I've been trying to type this thing all day.
Pretty active Winter tranfer window isn't it?
Yes, it is. And some things are getting reported far too soon.
I'm referring to the Babel situation.
Some pretty good German media outlets reported it as a done deal.
It appears the deal isn't done and Babel is angling for a move to Ajax rather than being sold to Hoffenheim.
Love for Bradley to move to Sunderland....decent club...should be a fixture in EPL for years to come....
after watching BM for the last two years...Bradley is just wasting himself in that club surrounded by loads of "kickball players"
Maybe Bradley is part of the problem at BM
That's a stupid f#cking statement man.
Bradley is arguably their best player after Marco Reus.
I just made an assumption, not a statement... I'm not really into BM things
Well, you know what they say about assuming.
"Never assume. Why? Because you might make an ASS out of U and ME.
Dude, why say something like that instead of just asking what he means to their team??
If there are two players in Gladbach who certainly are not part of their problem, they are Reus and Bradley. You can put Dante on that list too.
Yeah, you're probably right, but just don't read too much into it
Dude, I can't help it.
It bothers me when people say things like that knowing they don't know what they're talking about.
As far as I'm concerned, it's always better to ask......
Any chance Reus can return to the hometown club in the likely event of BM getting relegated...
His pricetag might be too high though?...
we will need more reinforcements for next year!!!
Not sure at all when it comes to Reus.
The major problem is, we're set at all the positions Reus plays well.
Reus also signed an extension with Gladbach also good for the 2nd Bundesliga.
Reus has really endeared himself to the Gladbach fans, so even if they are relegated, I don't know how anxious he'll be to leave.
I would really only see us going for him if we were to lose someone like Kagawa or Kuba.
But of course, anything can happen.