Other Teams ** Everyone Else ** [R]

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Liverpool

2. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    So sad

3. GamE_Ove12

GamE_Ove12 Member+

Jul 7, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    We are playing the best football now and we are going to win. We have the best of two worlds while staying classy and respectful. So who the ******** needs Boreinho when we got the one.

And when the cycle eventually ends and we need a winner coach, this guy is the answer. He already achieved similar results to Boreinho, but he is class and above all Romanista.

[​IMG]

4. Goduerza

Goduerza Member+

Jun 13, 2008
    Bulgaria
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I can't imagine how I would feel if Mourinho came over here and made someone like De Rossi his next 'victim'. I'll stick with Rudi, guy's oozing class, very much unlike Mou.

5. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Thanks for the great argument moderator!

6. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Think Mou has wanted DDR at least a couple of times

7. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Its so sad anyone would want to replace Rudi with someone like Mourinho

8. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    About as insightful as yours. What's my being a moderator got to do with anyhow? Not comfortable without a label or generalization to toss around?

9. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    BigSoccer :)
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ajax, Dortmund, Porto, Liverpool......

I just find the sugar daddy lusting of football fans so unbecoming. One of ever 10 fans is sitting around waiting for a messiah to come and dump unlimited funds into the club. I hope for the day when fans realize they outnumber the pricks at FIFA/UEFA by billions and demand more strict controls which make douchnozzles like Mourinho less effective. I honestly, seriously, legitimately, am not interested in winning that way.

10. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some of you are just haters. You're seriously calling Mourinho lucky? Four league titles in four different countries, two CL wins, and an insane unbeaten home record at all of his teams. And the guy is only 50 years old.

That's a lot of "luck"

Rossonero23, Khaos and DDR repped this.
  11. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Careful bringing logic into this argument.

12. Khaos

Khaos Member+

Apr 8, 2014
    Roma, Italy.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    4 teams.
    and the other 16?

Milan , Juventus , Inter , Barcelona , Manchester United , Bayern Munich , Chelsea.
    i think the rich ones outnumber it by far , you need a winning mentality coach and a big amount of money to get on top of the world and Mourinho is the perfect coach for modern football , there is no argument against that .
    You might not like him , you might despise him , you might think he's an arrogant prick.
    but he wins. i don't care about playing good football.
    i mean , i'd rather enjoy the show and play good football and win at the same time but...
    if i have to pick , i choose winning.

13. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    The fact that you without having been involved in the argument call me "sad" for disliking the most unlikeable person in football. Saying Mou is just lucky is obviously hyperbole, but still a comment unworthy of a moderator

14. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    IMO, if you couldnt give two shits about playing good football or the moral of club or coach, why not follow Juventus or Chelsea? Edit: not suggesting you should, or calling you a bad fan

15. Khaos

Khaos Member+

Apr 8, 2014
    Roma, Italy.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    No man , he should feel bad because he doesn't play pretty football.

16. Khaos

Khaos Member+

Apr 8, 2014
    Roma, Italy.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Because Roma is my local team and these colors are part of my very own soul? :eek:
    i didn't get to pick , i was born this way.
    I'll support the club even if we go down to Lega Pro , but if i have to pick between being a football show and winning , i choose winning.

schnix repped this.
  17. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    What do you guys want?
    Gold?
    Women?
    ....Golden Women:ROFLMAO:?

Ya can't always have it both ways.

DDR repped this.
  18. Generic Roma Supporter

Aug 18, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I'd rather resign Spalletti and watch the most beautiful football and get relegated than have to watch an entire season with that prick as our manager.

19. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's the thing you aren't processing, I genuinely don't give a damn. I would be fine, finishing second place and getting into the knockout stages of the CL from now until the day I die if we were doing in the right way. In fact I'm one of those that hates the way the CL has grown into the beast it has in modern football.

This winning at all cost and not caring how you get the money, as long as you get it I'm not with. How Chelsea have gone about football diminishes the game for me, it diminishes accomplishments. I don't respect their accomplishments in the slightest. If that's what it takes to win league titles, I'm not interested.

As I said, I'd rather hope for stricter controls which makes characters like Mourinho's irrelevant than for my club to be run a similar way, which will probably leave us in significant debt and when the experiment is over. Serie A would spiral more than it has been because people still don't get the point why the league is so down.

Generic Roma Supporter repped this.
  20. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Did you read the edit? Just making a point:)

21. Khaos

Khaos Member+

Apr 8, 2014
    Roma, Italy.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    But he's not cheating.
    He's playing tactically smart football and he outplays almost 99% of his opponents , even if what it takes is playing "boring football" , he does it.
    if your point is that you don't care about winning , then alright , there's no argument.

22. jofla1014

jofla1014 New Member

Apr 22, 2014
    mourinho is the most boring coach ever - he is destroying the game - or rather whats left of it - another 3 or 4 mourinho's should finish off the job - completely unwatchable as a sport - successful yes - but at what price for the audience!!! at least we over here can say we played it when you could tackle - complete joke!!

23. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Roma under Mourinho:
    MDS
    Toro,Benatia,Toloi,Maicon
    Strootman,Castan,De Rossi
    Nainggollan,Destro,Florenzi

24. Khaos

Khaos Member+

Apr 8, 2014
    Roma, Italy.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yes i did read the edit.
    And i'm so trophy hungry especially because i'm not a Juve or Chelsea supporter.
    we've won jackshit in 80 + years of our club , i'm hungry for glory , as our dear american friends say it.
    if what it takes is having Mourinho , who coaches 20 rabid dogs that go out in the field and kill everyone on sight , then so be it.
    we're a provincial club , we've always been a club that put the guts before anything else , like Ranieri showed you.

25. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I never said I had an issue with Jose tactically. I would prefer not to play that way but that's not my biggest issue with him. However how he builds his teams, what he demands from his clubs and his shitty attitude are my problem. Not to mention, I would flip if he treated DDR or Totti the way he's treated other players.