Other Teams ** Everyone Else ** [R]

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, Feb 19, 2013.

1. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nothing, we have a Wizard.

wm72 repped this.
  2. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    BigSoccer :)
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If this finishes 0-0 though I have hope Atletico can go to Stanford Bridge and get a result. Atletico need to score.

3. GamE_Ove12

GamE_Ove12 Member+

Jul 7, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Yeah that seems to be his tactics . It has worked before and it seems working on the defensive side so far. But it is also risky. If he doesn't score an away goal he will be vulnerable in the return leg and Ateletico have shown to be very lethal on the counter. I just think there is a middle ground where you can have a defensive tactic without fielding basically 8 defensive minded players and an isolated striker up front.

4. Deand21594

Deand21594 Member+

Jan 24, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    It's easy for Chelsea to defend against Atletico Madrid.
    Atletico play very Physical football which is similar to the premier league week in week out for Chelsea.

They Bully teams in Spain with this style, this could be one of Mourinho's easier champions league semi-finals. It's right up his alley, defend deep with the long balls that At.Madrid pump in and then counter them.

5. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly......

It's why if Atletico Madrid have any hope of progressing they have to score and keep Chelsea off the board, because if they take this back to Chelsea I can't see them progressing.

6. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our team isn't stacked enough for him to even entertain. It's been a decade since he's signed on for a team that wasn't already primed for CL contention.

I think his Porto run was impressive, but his worst team since then was more loaded than any roster we've had at Roma.

7. Khaos

Khaos Member+

Apr 8, 2014
    Roma, Italy.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That's exactly the point!

If Mourinho comes , you know there's gonna be money.

8. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Anything but Mourinho, would be hard to force myself to support that classless D-Bag. I guess some of you dont mind him turning Roma into a joke and leaving us in ruins like Inter. Mourinho cares only about his own short term succes

9. Khaos

Khaos Member+

Apr 8, 2014
    Roma, Italy.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'll be happy with having to rebuild after 2-3 scudettos and a Champions League , thank you.

DDR repped this.
  10. Roma_NY

Roma_NY Member+

Oct 19, 2009
    Washington, D.C.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is unbelievable that Atletico Madrid thought that the best attacking strategy on Chelsea was to put constant headers into the box. Mourinho's tactics were brilliant. Always favor Chelsea to win at home.

11. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Plays crap tactics, cant do it unless given unlimited millions and potentially ruin the club in 3 years. No thanks

Haakon24 repped this.
  12. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Chelsea beat Real Madrid in a CL final, I think the club might self-combust with anger.

Khaos repped this.
  13. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was like watching chievo vs Stoke. One of the worst games I've ever seen.

wm72 repped this.
  14. GamE_Ove12

GamE_Ove12 Member+

Jul 7, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
  15. Khaos

Khaos Member+

Apr 8, 2014
    Roma, Italy.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    But most importantly , WINS.
    Under Spalletti , we played the best football in the Champions League and what did we win? nothing.
    Inter played it defensively for the whole Champions League , and they achieved the Treble.

DDR repped this.
  16. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    They had a 3x more expensive squad, and the best player in the world that year...

17. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hate Chelsea, I hate Mourinho, never want to see him manage any of my clubs. Nor would I want to see my club conform to make it possible for him to be successful. This ain't the Serie A of our younger years. It's a very different place and Mourinho's Inter side were probably the last club that could cope with the demands he would make, it could seriously ruin us. Just when our club is getting on a path to self-sustainability bringing in Mourinho would kill that.

How about this, we've seen the soulless sugar daddied clubs when titles and cups. How about we be one of the few clubs to accomplish great things while being self sustainable and financially prudent? That's something that Mourinho could never accomplish in this era of football.

Winning one title that way to me is worth more than 3 titles the Mourinho way.

18. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    You are talking as if Mourinho is the god of football and will win the CL with any team. He couldnt even get close with Real Madrid, the only thing he acomplished with the worlds richest and most succesfull club was to make an absolute mockery of them. I dont want him to turn Roma into one of his classless whiner teams

Goduerza and La Magica repped this.
  19. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    He got lucky a few times with a big budget. How did he do at Real? Failed miserably

Haakon24 repped this.
  20. Khaos

Khaos Member+

Apr 8, 2014
    Roma, Italy.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    But they won.
    Not Barcelona , "the best spectacle ever" , not Real Madrid , but Inter , because they could keep a clean sheet.
    a rock solid defense , a coach who can give every single player the right spirit , and effective forwards is what wins trophies , not tiki-taka or 2 touch football.

21. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Eye poking classless big mouth

22. Khaos

Khaos Member+

Apr 8, 2014
    Roma, Italy.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He achieved the Champions League semi-finals 3 times in a row.
    and he did it a grand total of 8 times , and he's never lost a final.
    what do you think that says?

23. Khaos

Khaos Member+

Apr 8, 2014
    Roma, Italy.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    tell me one team that won the Champions League that didn't spend bilions of euros , in the last 20 years.

24. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    That he has only coached great teams, got lucky with Portos best generation ever and milked it from there

25. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    It says he has a big budget and plays coward tactics. On top of that his personality makes him unbearable.

Haakon24 repped this.