Other Teams ** Everyone Else ** [R]

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, Feb 19, 2013.

1. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    BigSoccer :)
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

CenturyLink's full capacity is 70k but they scale it down for MLS matches to around 40k.

I personally think the attendance is proportionally about right. I think for a good healthy club in this phase of MLS a stadium between 18k and 25k should be the norm. Top performing clubs should try to get in the 35k to 40k range. Proportionally that's not much different than most leagues. Even in the biggest leagues in the world there aren't 60k stadiums in every town.

These charts are from a few years, MLS is in light green.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. NCRomaFan

NCRomaFan Member

Feb 5, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Thanks for the information. As far as the stadiums go hopefully they will get things figured out but the MLS has really only been on the rise since about 2005 and since then they added 8 teams(in my last post I said 2002 and forgot to put the word "teams" lol.) So at the moment the teams have some work to do as in getting bigger stadiums but as you said it is a phase in the MLS and if you look at the big picture the MLS aren't really behind as the more "modern" era if you really only began with the addition of new franchises. Despite the fact that you're a Galaxy fan, what do you think will happen with Chivas(it has just seemed like a very odd situation in the last year or so)? I get the impression that they will get new ownership but do you think that they will stay in Los Angeles?

3. Khaos

Khaos Member+

Apr 8, 2014
    Roma, Italy.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I see , i just don't like small stadiums tbh , it's a pet peeve of mine , i think Roma's stadium should be 60k+ if it was for me , i like the big hell atmosphere and stuff.

4. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    What is this about Allegri being the next coach of spurs? @SoCalYid

5. porreca

porreca Member+

Jan 17, 2010
    UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Brilliant Free Kick by Eriksen...

All PAulionho had to do was tap it in.

Shame the Spurs could only hold on to the lead for only 1 minute LOL :confused:

If Pjanic leaves it'll be a shame to have missed out on Eriksen, I see no one else (that we can afford) able to take his spot, unless Sabatini does his magic with Pastore.

6. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Flatly denied by everyone who matters. It was clearly a rumor his agent started who's trying to get him interest in England. He's been there learning English since he lost his last job. In years past Tottenham have had a rather strict policy of not commenting on stories in the press. It's why Italian agents in the past have gotten away with linking us to everyone under the moon to drum up interest for their players, didn't work this time.

My guy did tell me that he wouldn't be surprised to see Cellino bring him in at Leeds. It's a step down from Milan but if he can get Leeds back into the PL that club has more upward mobility then the current Milan side.

7. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah well you know, we can't play a match these days without conceding a ridiculous goal. Eriksen did it again for the Kaboul goal. All Kaboul had to do was let the ball deflect off him. Eriksen is the bright spot of the season and he's the player we should build around going forward. Whatever formation and players we need to get the best out of what he provides we should make moves to do that.

He now has 10 goals and 10 assists in all competitions.

8. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Borini pulling Liverpool closer to the title. At this point I'm just like, anyone but Mourinho...

La Magica repped this.
  9. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Fabio Borini pk goal brings Sunderland 2-1 over Chelsea!!!

10. porreca

porreca Member+

Jan 17, 2010
    UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah, he's such a great player! He's the reason I'll tune into a few spurs games every few weekends or so.

11. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma

His little horse has turned into a donkey lol serves him right

12. GamE_Ove12

GamE_Ove12 Member+

Jul 7, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Altidore did great job earning the PK.

..but for Mourinho to lose like this to the last place at home when chasing the title, just wow.

..and that's why EPL is the best league in the world. Referee in italy will never give a PK against Juve at home in the 80th minute.

13. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You guys all say you want Liverpool to win now, but wait until May when they actually do win it. You'll all be regretting it.

Wolfbeatseagle repped this.
  14. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
  15. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Gus Poyet has derailed 2 championship contenders in a week as well as ending a77 unbeaten home record, that's unreal!

16. ChargersNo8

ChargersNo8 Member

May 28, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    their fans.

whill4 repped this.
  17. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This.......

For the love of god.

United fans are bandwagoners. Chelsea fans are plastic. Liverpool fans are self righteous, by far the worst of the bunch.

18. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I don't mind them, they deserve it and to see a great club win again from out of the blue will be epic plus their fans make a beautiful atmosphere.

porreca repped this.
  19. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Liverpool fans were the OG Manchester United fans before they started to suck.

20. schnix

schnix Member+

Roma
    North Korea
    Jan 2, 2012
    SFR YUGOSLAVIA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia and Montenegro
    ******** Liverpool and Arsenal

i'd rather City or Chelsea win it

21. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Don't really care. I only really have contact with one Liverpool fan, and he is one of my best friends, so he won't bother me too much. As for online Liverpool fans, I just ignore them. They're no better or worse than others.

22. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma

Could you get a better fit for Chelsea? classless

23. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah I disagree, they have twitter handles and threads on neutral boards who document the absurdity of their fans, RAWK meltdown has been hilarious over the years. The Suarez saga was them at their most deluded best.

Liverpool fans are a special breed. I've probably been to more matches at Anfield than anyone here. I very much have enjoyed the company of actual scouse Liverpool fans. I was there the last season they won the title. They have good fans and always treated us well, even when we were up playing Everton away.

However many of their fans aren't actual scousers and have probably never seen their beloved club in person. Which isn't necessarily a negative but I swear I've had more interaction online with douchy American Liverpool fans than scousers, or even Englishmen. Liverpool since their title drought has been the hip club for foreign fans to pick. They can claim not to be a gloryhunter while still belittling others and boasting about their success. Similar Notre Dame in America before the past few years and they can be just as self righteous.

I just find that attitude very unbecoming and with them winning the title they will be unbearable. I would prefer them over Chelsea and Arsenal but I'm not too excited about Liverpool winning. I'm old enough to remember what it was like when they were on top and if you think United were annoying and got away with murder from the refs, you ain't seen nothing.

24. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lacazette had a screamer in the Cup Final.

PSG are taking their turn smashing ligue 1's ever dwindling credibility.

25. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Was he being sarcastic?