Other Teams ** Everyone Else ** [R]

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, Feb 19, 2013.

1. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Beckham about to come on for PSG

2. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    BigSoccer :)
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Yaya class again...

4. Deand21594

Deand21594 Member+

Jan 24, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Gattuso put in charge of FC Sion

5. Romanista89

Romanista89 Member+

Jun 8, 2010
    Glasgow, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Muslera with one hell of a howler tonight for Gala:

6. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    he does this crap all the time, he let in a goal recently on internaionals that was a big howler as well

7. Romanista89

Romanista89 Member+

Jun 8, 2010
    Glasgow, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Great game this is between Gala and Orduspor. Gala were 0-2 down, then Sneijder scored a lovely curled effort on the 58th minute, then my man Yilmaz struck twice and it is now 3-2 to Galatasaray. Fatih Terim and Yilmaz displaying some father-son passion in this game.

I quite enjoyed watching Fenerbahce last season with the likes of Cristia, Alex, Stoch and Sow. But this season after some big money signings in Kuyt and Krasic (and bizarrely releasing Alex despite him being so pivotal last season), they looked dreadful for large spells in games - the players they brought in,m despite the cost, were a downgrade in quality . They have recently signed a player I like, Pierre Webo, who should help with their attacking problems. I've said it before but Cristian Baroni for Fener is one of the most underrated players in all of Europe. He has struggled a bit this season as he seems to be playing deeper to counter attack the lack of creativity from the likes of Kuyt.

8. Romanista89

Romanista89 Member+

Jun 8, 2010
    Glasgow, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    4-2 Gala, Selcuk Inan scores from outside the box. Great game. Past few days has been a real weekend of comebacks - Porto, Barcelona, Fener, Real Madrid, us and now Galatasaray.

9. Romanista89

Romanista89 Member+

Jun 8, 2010
    Glasgow, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yilmaz' scoring stats over the past few seasons : -

"Burak Yilmaz - 62 goals in 71 league games, 7 Champions League goals in 7 starts. Turkish Super League and Champions League Goal King."

Good to see him doing well. Compared to what they have this season, the Gala attack stunk with Baros and Elmander last year.

10. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Bale is more than amazing...

11. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    He's quite the player when he doesnt dive.

12. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He doesn't actually "dive" that much, like the one against Villa. Most of the time he's playing to contact like Totti which I have no issues with, there's a difference there. Bale when he first came to Spurs never used to go down easy. I think he realized at some point average defenders will try to get an advantage by hacking at him. He used to pick up small injuries all the time which were impact injuries because defenders would just clatter him. Similar to Totti, it's easier just to take his legs out then try to defend him properly because you'll get beat. So now most of the time when he goes down easily he's trying to keep defenders honest.

[​IMG]

Ragnaroz repped this.
  13. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. RomaWolf

RomaWolf Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
  15. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SoCalYid Do you give credit to AVB for Bale's form or does it mainly come down to Bale? Because I don't think Bale was anywhere near this good under Arry.

16. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Somewhat.....

It's still an incomplete team so I don't think tactically AVB has really been able to do what he can do. We're like two players away from being pretty strong. Getting CL football is pretty important as it will open up options. I still think we'll go after Moutinho in the summer if we qualify, a striker and we'll be off.

One of the things unreported is the VDV factor. A lot of what Bale is doing VDV did the past 2 years would do, digging us out of tough matches, not just scoring goals. Popping up with late goals and individual moments of brilliance, when he left though we just have one of those and Bale has had to shoulder more responsibility.

While tactically AVB is a bit hamstrung with how much he can do, from what I've been told by people I trust how he's managed the players has been night and day. Redknapp was a media darling, famed for his man management but for every good performances they neglect the performances which his management directly lead to poor results. AVB just isn't doing that to us, he's not putting us in situations to lose and every player and person to a man rave about his influence on the players. Dembele was talking about how passionate his half time talks can be and he said inspired the players for the second half against Lyon.

Ragnaroz and whill4 repped this.
  17. chandler63

chandler63 Member

Nov 4, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I wonder what they'll do with a near-useless Dempsey.

He looks so lazy and slow the entire time he's on. Also never gets open. It's almost as if he's hiding from passes.

18. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was given a 3 year deal by Levy, so he would seem secure but Levy never gives players 3 year deals. When he sells players he likes to do it with 1 to 2 years left. I wouldn't be surprised if he was moved on.

19. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In the case of Ronaldo vs Messi tonight, Ronaldo is winning by landslide. Messi has done practically nothing.

20. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Barca getting absolutely thrashed

21. chandler63

chandler63 Member

Nov 4, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Barca's passing has been terrible. Real ALWAYS presses super hard to shut them, but usually end up wearing themselves out trying.

Today they've cut off so many passes with ease it's unreal.

22. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Barca are suffering from side effects from their loss against Milan.

23. chandler63

chandler63 Member

Nov 4, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Full of ourselves, arn't we?

24. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Just a little. :oops: They'll still go through anyway, so I'm enjoying the moment.

25. chandler63

chandler63 Member

Nov 4, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Not necessarily. You could pull an Inter and just play 10 men behind the ball all game.