Other Teams and MLS....stuff [R]

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by UPinSLC, Mar 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Allez RSL

Allez RSL Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Home
    I'm not sure what the IOC has been up to lately, but I'm pretty sure that's not an olympic sport.

2. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, Le Toux gets traded for Dane Richards
    Interesting move by both sides.
    I would have been really interested in having Richards on our team. The guy has plenty of the one thing we lack the most - speed.

The question is, what is the equivalent of Le Toux on our roster? What would we have needed to give up to get Richards? Do you think we could have gotten NY to buy into PJ's potential/past form? Could we have coupled it with someone else?

I'm not interested in having Le Toux. While a good player, he doesn't seem like he'd be a big change from what we already have... maybe that's just my thinking, though

3. RoyalNonesuch

RoyalNonesuch Member+

May 10, 2009
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Both of those guys would do well here. This trade favors NY IMO.

4. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re Cronin "time wasting" - someone timed it and said Beckham kicked the first ball (which missed) after 12 seconds, and the second (which hit) after 18 seconds. We should fine that little time down?

Jasonma, pate and georg repped this.
  5. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you think he was actually going to pop up anytime before 2 or 3 minutes?
    it doesn't take a genius to recognize the time wasting tactics just seconds into their actions

6. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Irrelevant.
    Beckham should not have kicked a ball to assault another player. Period. Any other discussions are distractions from what he did.

7. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good lord, the Timbers are a steamy, hot, firey, giant pile of garbage right now. It is flat out comical that they fired John Spencer and replaced him with Gavin Wilkinson.....Wilkinson is the ********ing idiot responsible for this shipwreck. The sooner Wilkinson is gone the better for the whole organization, that guy is an idiot.

8. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Member+

Sep 20, 2004
    Wanker County
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From the MLS "What Goes Around Comes Around" department: San Hose-Me whining about referees and questionable calls. Where have we heard stuff like that before?

9. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From the only angle I've been able to find it looks like there's contact. Must be all that karma they like to talk about. :D

10. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I also like that a call with 30 minutes left in the game, they claim, decided the match.
    Yeah, you guys have really struggled late in matches this year when down goals...

11. George1994

George1994 New Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Club:
    Bristol City FC
    Hi, I'm a Bristol City fan living in England and a very avid collector of football shirts and I'm after a Large mens Real Salt Lake shirt and wondered if anybody on here would like to swap a Bristol City shirt for one? I first heard about RSL through Alvaro Saborio we had him on loan in the 2010/11 season sadly he wasn't a hit and joined you you guys where he has flourished again!
    Many thanks George :)

12. TheBiff

TheBiff Member+

Apr 8, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Football shirts?
    You mean jerseys/kits, or just plain old shirts?

13. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw that earlier. It's a pretty sweet deal for NYRB.

15. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ugh.. Chicago almost pulling out the victory but douchebag gets the draw with the final kick. Gotta love people disputing Gordon getting sent off for a studs up challenge. Wondo gets the yellow and Yallop got sent off. Commentary acted like nothing was really wrong with the challenge.. 2 pts behind SJ is all now.

16. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gordon got sent off in the 93rd minute. Why was Chicago unable to close up shop and hold onto the win while being up a man? They had 5 minutes to go. Very frustrating.

17. ReAl Football Fan

May 2, 2005
    Ogden, Ut
    If I were a conspiracy theorist kind of guy I would wonder about 8 minutes of stoppage that ended as soon as SJ got a goal. How many late goals have they scored?

18. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    8 minutes of stoppage time!?!?! jesus, what in the hell could have caused that? don't think i've ever seen that much before.

19. RoyalNonesuch

RoyalNonesuch Member+

May 10, 2009
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This weekend still went ok for us. SJ tying, LA and Seattle winning - could have been better, but the Eastern leaders really stumbled...and we should be grateful to the Fire.

20. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gordon was sent off and didn't immediately leave the field. Then Yallop got tossed as well. It was the 93rd though and there was 5 mins of stoppage. I was half watching the game so I have no idea why 5 was given in the first place. The game probably should've been blown sooner anyway. Chicago really let that one get away.

21. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    RSL/Rapids had 7 minutes, IIRC, in the infamous Pablo stuffing his shorts match.

22. MOS5

MOS5 Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn't the infamous RSL vs. Arabe Unido game have about 9 minutes of stoppage times?

15 to 32 and BalanceUT repped this.
  23. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well when they called out the stretchers every two minutes, you're bound to have a lot of injury time ;)

24. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was the worst game to watch. Any build up that was created was immediately ended by a stretcher. Very frustrating game. Except for the crotch shot that made Jason laugh. There used to be a GIF floating around of that play.

25. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Forget the GIF; Yakety Sax from the FO baby!

Lizzie Bee, DrownedElf and Mr.C repped this.