Other Teams and MLS....stuff [R]

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by UPinSLC, Mar 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It may be time to create a drinking game out of their amazing homer style.

2. TheBiff

TheBiff Member+

Apr 8, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Take a shot after every ridiculously biased thing they say,
    first one to die of alcohol poisoning wins?

Lizzie Bee repped this.
  3. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you're at home
    the favorite by a mile
    and you want to rely on a 1-0 lead against a team with the likes of Drogba and Torres out there?

You're asking for problems.

Bayern should have gone for the deciding goal. Chelsea was going to have to open up, if you would have kept the same players on (Muller) then I'd put money on Bayern finding the net.

Instead, they try to play a Bruce Arena style and sit back against a team with tons of offensive talent...

I will blame the coach. His moves were moronic.
    He has the ability to remove Robben, as well. Which honestly should have been done

4. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Meram's goal at San Jose... holy shit.
    that's GOTW right there
    well it should be, Montero and the shittle fans will stuff the ballots

5. Claytor

Claytor Member

Oct 25, 2009
    KC, MO
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All of MLS is laughing at the Galaxy now - they tempted fate with their 'we're-going-to-win-everything talk' in the pre-season. The soccer gods took in their hubris and decided to dump them on their heads. This season is turning out to be exactly what everyone outside of LA hoped it would be. Seems that parity is really kicking their teeth in - even though they have no regard for it :)

6. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I seem to recall another team making 'we are going to win the quintuple' kind of talk... at least among the fans on BS.

Jasonma repped this.
  7. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, as Balance said, the talk of #quad really seems ironic now.
    It is rather funny to look at the standings and see them bottom of the west. With national team duties and the Olympics (which, if Team Great Britian doesn't call up Golden Balls, it's a joke) coming up they could really go into a skid.

I love watching Arena fail.

RSL Punk 2 repped this.
  8. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know we have had our fair share of bad calls/refs this year, but don't think we're alone in this.

The New York v Montreal game from this past weekend was, to put it simply, ********ing terrible from the officiating point of view.
    • Two penalties called for hand balls, neither of which (in my opinion) were worthy of hand ball calls.
    • A red via 2nd yellow that was really really harsh (though there is somewhat of an argument for it)
    • What makes that red look bad, though, is that the ref only gave a yellow for a tackle that, I'm 99% sure/hopeful the Disco will come back and suspend the Montreal player for.
    • This isn't the center's fault, but the winning goal came from a blatantly offside play. The AR in this situation isn't even trailing the play by more than a foot or two yet totally blows the call.
    So yeah, if we feel we've been slighted, at least know we're not alone.
    Not a single goal in this game (NYv MTL) should have stood.

UPinSLC repped this.
  9. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    agreed, i watched parts of it live, one of the most horribly officiated games i've seen this year all around. every ref on the field failed miserably, on multiple occasions. the first penalty is an absolute ghost to me, hell i'm not even sure how the ref even made the call. even with the benefit of several slow motion replays from different angles i'm still not seeing it. the ball barely deflects off his upper right shoulder/arm. how in the world did the ref see that from 20-30 yards away with the players in front of him?

10. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    mr. slick repped this.
  11. mr. slick

mr. slick Member

Oct 6, 2006
    Section 26
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has anyone see, or does anyone know where to find, final viewership numbers for that Chelsea Bayern match? Both in the U.S. and worldwide?

12. Hardtcore

Hardtcore Member

Jul 12, 2007
    Kearnshaw
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From Grant Wahl on twitter earlier today;

@GrantWahl Champions League final gets 1.3 overnight rating on FOX, down from 1.8 for Barça-ManUtd last year, +18% over '10 (Bayern-Inter).

Not sure on the worldwide numbers.

mr. slick repped this.
  13. nfc1432

nfc1432 Member

Nov 3, 2010
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    I enjoy "The Bruce", arrogance and all. In yesterday's kickoff "And although NFL legend Bill Parcells says, “You’re as good as your record says,” LA manager Bruce Arena doesn’t buy it: “Our record is probably not real precise in terms of how we've played. I think we've played better than our record indicates.”

Then in todays kickoff about losing his star players "We haven’t won with those players, so I don't think it’s going to hurt us". It amazes me how nothing is ever wrong with the team. They are better than their record, they are just as good without half their payroll, etc.

In the article it linked to he also said "Over the last couple of weeks the guys who started off real fast have slowed down." Could someone remind me who on the galaxy started off real fast?

14. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the galaxy have been shit, with the beckhams on the field and without them, Bruce is just a blowhard that needs to figure something out to save his own ass. i can imagine some of the higher ups in LaLa land wouldnt be too happy to have a team win the SS and MLS Cup one year, then fall flat on its face and not even make the playoffs the next. Bruce is full of shit when he says "they are playing better than their record indicates." uhhhh, no, you're not. that team is a pile of steaming hot :poop: right now, losing at home (ya, even though it was a "road" game) to chivas. at home to chivas. LA hadnt lost to chivas in 5 years. 5 years ago LA was an even bigger pile of steaming hot :poop: back then than they are now and they still beat chivas. chivas hasnt exactly gotten better, either.

truth be told, Bruce's style of play and its success lends (or lent) itself to a very strong defense anchored by the DOTY and a damn good goal keeper. take away those players and another good defender and you're left with a team without an identity. when i've watched them play this year they look like they have no idea what they were doing. losing their best players to international callups isnt going to help either (despite what the Bruce wants to think "oh, we havent been winning with them, so them being gone isnt going to do anything"...bullshit).

15. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Following the next loss/tie missing those players I'm sure he'll cite how they aren't as good without them and that's why they didn't win.

16. nfc1432

nfc1432 Member

Nov 3, 2010
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    pate and 15 to 32 repped this.
  17. Mr.C

Mr.C Member

Mar 3, 2012
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    You all wanna hear a funny joke?

LA Galaxy! :ROFLMAO::D:p:sneaky:

Lizzie Bee repped this.
  18. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okay, I know I shouldn't have ... but I laughed out loud. Best joke I've heard in a long time.

19. pate

pate Member+

Jun 12, 2007
    Provo, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. n1xhere

n1xhere Member

Jul 12, 2007
    LOL @ the Sounders

Edit: Even Keller knew Alonso's challenge was a red card

21. nfc1432

nfc1432 Member

Nov 3, 2010
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Alonso getting away with an Espy like two footed challenge. The Crew doing huge favors for RSL the last two games, tying @ SJ and currently winning @ Seattle.

22. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i have no idea how he didnt get a red, it was literally right in front of the ref and ugly as shit. sounders can eat shit along with alonso (what a hack). 2-0 to the crew, helping RSL out.

now lets see if LA can pull this win out of their ass, up 1-0 but down a man to an ugly red card challenge (similar to alonso's ironically).

NY managed to pull a tie against chivas out of their ass, now with an identical record to RSL's.

23. n1xhere

n1xhere Member

Jul 12, 2007
    For being 80 Beckham can run! 2-0 Galaxy

Edit: FMP and the F does not stand for fixed

24. nfc1432

nfc1432 Member

Nov 3, 2010
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Galaxy = pathetic

Didn't the Bruce tell us Galaxy would be better without Keane and Donovan and SJ worse without Wando? What happened?

25. Mr.C

Mr.C Member

Mar 3, 2012
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    WOW!! LA is just trrrrrible <-- Charles Barkley voice