Other Team Discussion Thread Vol. 12: Spoilers Within

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Sachin, Oct 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    Alexi Lalas is claiming that RB have offered their coaching job to former Portugese int'l, Paolo Sousa. I really hope that's not true since MacCallister would undoubtedly be such a colossal pig********. Apparently, the Scotsman was asking for 2 million dollars, despite having failed in every coaching job he's ever had.

Also Montreal hired somebody or another to coach their team. He's European, and therefore better, so evidently DC is screwed. :rolleyes:

2. Barbieri

Barbieri Member+

Jul 8, 2004
    Decatur, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nelsen?

3. Barbieri

Barbieri Member+

Jul 8, 2004
    Decatur, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alejandro 10 repped this.
  4. nobletea

nobletea Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 29, 2004
    HarCo
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not me.

You gotta figure, he would be better off to miss this camp and meaningless friendlies, and be 100% for MLS and have a stellar season, cause that will also get him called up, possibly for a qualifying roster in which he can make his impression in practice, then be healthy for the Jan camp in 14, which is the most important of the cycle.

Barbieri repped this.
  5. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Maybe the team Doc did not give his blessing to Pontius or Olsen. .

sitruc repped this.
  6. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    If Dr Andrews was the team doctor, that would explain more than a few things the past few seasons...
    Hopefully RGIII will be back for the 2014-2015 season and whoever is coaching the team won't be dumbasses about playcalls and playing players who are obviously hurting the team. People talk about his mobility, but the bigger problem was he couldn't even step into throws. It was moronic for the Shannys not to adjust the offensive playcalling or not allow the same offense that was adapted for Cousins.
    I've been on best behavior and didn't write accounts of every bowl in this thread, but I have to talk about the National Championship Game... As of making this comment, Katherine Webb has gained more than 118,000 followers on twitter (and still quickly rising*) since she was hit on by Brent Musberger. Twitter is wrong. The best comment may have been from Arizona Cardinal Darnell Dockett.

The game sucked. The Russell Athletic Bowl and the twitter account to go along with it were more entertaining than seeing Notre Dame get their ass beat in another BCS bowl. Likewise, I may have moved past hating all things Louisville after the beating they put on Florida.

*She gained an additional 1,000 followers while I typed this comment and another 1,000 while I finished editing it.

7. greekchampion04

greekchampion04 Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Worst case scenario, Washington doesn't have a quality starting quarterback next season.

Meanwhile, Dallas still has Romo.

greekchampion04 repped this.
  9. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    As dumb as that image is and the people who repped it are, it's not really against the TOS, so don't report it. Thanks folks.

10. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When they make funny against the TOS everyone loses :)

11. Alejandro 10

Alejandro 10 Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    Club:
    DC United
  12. greekchampion04

greekchampion04 Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    personal attacks are against the TOS, mr. moderator ;)

fatbastard repped this.
  13. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Who will watch the Watchmen, indeed?

Barbieri and greekchampion04 repped this.
  14. The Cold Sea

The Cold Sea Señor Mejor

Feb 17, 2005
    The District
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Barbieri and Alejandro 10 repped this.
  15. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    TFC had a good coach and needed a good CB. Now they have a good CB but he's going to be coach, someday, and they don't have a coach until then. Seems like a net loss to me.

16. Hedbal

Hedbal Member+

Jul 31, 2000
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Canadian soccer news article assumes Nelsen won't arrive until his contract with QPR

The Cold Sea repped this.
  17. Hedbal

Hedbal Member+

Jul 31, 2000
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Per the BBC (quoting Nelsen and, I think, HR), Nelsen is trying to leave ASAP. He talks about his having "glass knees" and "glass ankles," and wants to hang them up. Presumably, Redknapp will agree if he can snag someone during the Jan. transfer window.

18. KickersFTW

KickersFTW Member+

Jan 12, 2012
    RVA (Soccer hotbed)
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not gonna lie that RGIII pic bugs me. First, because he's part of DC team thus in my circle of teams. Second, you are making fun of a injured 22 year old. Third, it makes us look like tool bags who are jealous of the Redskins success. Fourth, would we put something up for Pontius or De ro if they went down with a potentially serious injury(note one of them did)? Fifth, I didn't see Redskin fans poking fun at our injuries. I should know since I post on their board as well.

Those are the kind of things that cause other DC sports fans to not want to be associated with us. You don't see other DC teams taking shots at each other. We're suppose to be all one city and United.

19. Oveki8

Oveki8 Member+

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    DC United
    While that may be true, he's the most exciting player in Washington DC in a very long time!

Heck, he's probably more exciting in a wheelchair than most other DC athlete's...

20. Publius

Publius Member+

May 22, 2001
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lighten up, Francis.

21. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    He's got a point, actually.

I don't know if its this way in other cities, but people around here who aren't from around here go out of their way to antagonize Skins fans and let us know exactly how much they don't like the team. It rubs me the wrong way as a Washingtonian and a United fan, but it is what it is.

Nothing strikes me as more ridiculous as the out of towners who complain about the media coverage the Skins receive though.

22. Heist

Heist Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't like that picture either, but yes, DC sports team fans do poke fun at each other.
    Skins fans don't poke fun at United injuries in largest part because they either don't know about the team or its injuries or don't care enough to waste their time...
    I sure won't poke fun at RGIII or his injury, but boy did Shanahan make bonehead call after bonehead call each time he sent RGIII limping back out there. They should have played at RFK... the turf was better. Not that that caused the injury, but it didn't help.

23. Heist

Heist Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Born and raised here in the DC Suburbs. Apart from when they were good in the 80s I'll always complain about how much media coverage they receive. I know how big the NFL is and how popular the Skins are, I get all that... but it always strikes me as excessive, especially now that we have a few other successful teams. Am I allowed to complain since I'm not an out of towner?

24. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I never said anyone wasn't allowed to complain about it, just that it strikes me as ridiculous to do so.

I'd never move to Pittsburgh and complain about how much coverage the Steelers get. I understand the deal.

25. Publius

Publius Member+

May 22, 2001
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really don't find that graphic any different than the old Ben Olsen Fan Club t-shirts. I'm not sure there's any vindictiveness to it, just a certain amount of gallows humor.

Bootsy Collins and benni... repped this.