Other Team Discussion Thread Vol. 12: Spoilers Within

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Sachin, Oct 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    oh sh!t, who am I thinking of? who's the other ancient Italian forward not named Del Piero...oh yeah, I was thinking of Inzaghi. My bad

That just seems worse to me honestly, in terms of the team dynamic. Bring him in, and you can't move Rafa around to make room for Dax, who it sounds like has been the key figure in the RB recent play...they've already bumped Dax forward to get Marquez on the field and for me NY got lucky in Phil with the Adu send off because they were getting rocked...looked nothing like a team with 3 straight shutouts...we know Dax isn't good in an advanced role

2. jason1551

jason1551 Member+

Apr 9, 2003
    Columbus, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    So with Chelsea's CL win, Tottenham won't be in the CL next season, but will be in the Europa League. So the question is: Is playing in the Europa League enough to keep Nelsen at Spurs or will he come home to finish his career in DC as a player/coach as originally planned in January?

3. itwasi

itwasi Member+

May 9, 2008
    I don't know
    Club:
    DC United
    Max Bretos (who called espn's la-chivas game) said their rivalry was wildly considered the best in mls. I hate Max Bretos.

4. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    He said a lot of crazy things inlcuding saying losing to Chivas would be considered "rock bottom." He still has nothing on the insanity that is Lalas. Why hasn't he been institutionalised?

5. DC06

DC06 Member+

Oct 9, 2006
    Within amile of home
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since we thumped New York Henry got hurt and they...became the hottest side in the league winning five straight for first time in a decade???

6. Untroubled by Reason

Dec 5, 2007
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's OK... they'll fizzle out, then crash and burn just in time for the playoffs. :D

7. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    Shep Messing said the DC-NY rivalry was. Sentiments echoed by Il Bruce as well.

Shep also said that Chivas officially has no idea what they are doing after their latests deals.

Shep, the gift that keeps on giving.

Thx,

Jay!

8. The Cold Sea

The Cold Sea Señor Mejor

Feb 17, 2005
    The District
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I'm hoping he brings it back. Thursday night on Channel 5 in the UK isn't that appealing. Instead of Barca and Real Madrid they get Zhetysu and Pyunik.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/20/tottenham-bayern-munich-chelsea

9. nobletea

nobletea Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 29, 2004
    HarCo
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know, I don't care how good that Tivo box is, nobody should be recording 3 shows at the same time, and absolutely nobody should be watching 1000 hours of recorded TV in a year.

Except for JSF.

Carry on.

10. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well, duh - you'd need two boxes to do that, only two tuners on each, silly
    :D

Should I admit I "taped" the pre-race, race, and post-race shows on one channel Saturday night and the pre-game, game, and post-game shows on another? Does that count as two-at-once or six-at-once? ;)

11. nobletea

nobletea Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 29, 2004
    HarCo
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I actually just read that the newest Tivo box can record 4 shows at the same.

Seriously? I can't even find 4 tv shows in a week I want to watch, forget at the same time.

But I also read that it doesn't have wireless built-in-- sorry, deal breaker, what is this 2008? You want me to use a cable? No wonder it's free.

12. Liam O'Malley

Liam O'Malley Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bayern Ultras rioting after the CL Final loss in Munich the other night:

The Cold Sea, dbchcknmn and DC06 repped this.
  13. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    What's wrong with you? I probably watch at least 4 hours of serial television a night not including sports (currently watching Nats, NBA and NHL playoffs). At this point, I don't know what I would do without questionable sources for downloading and watching shows and events.

Don't ask me why I'm about to watch an America de Cali match online in addition to everything else.

14. Publius

Publius Member+

May 22, 2001
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I could live with four tuners to be able to tape all the Direct Kick games at one time. I do wish that they didn't have those games set up for 6 hour recording window blocks, though. Setting up the game for manual record is a PITA.

15. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I simply wish MLS Live allowed more than a single match in a viewer window. I don't like wasting a bunch of screen space or computer resources with several matches open at the same time.

16. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The TV's on a lot here at night; but it's usually just on in the background while I'm practicing scales.

17. itwasi

itwasi Member+

May 9, 2008
    I don't know
    Club:
    DC United
    Those lala fans really hate Bruce Arena, at least the ones on the internet. FUN.

18. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I ********ing hate Seattle fans.

19. Cweedchop

Cweedchop Member+

Mar 6, 2000
    Ellicott City, Md

I would be remiss if I didn't add that Shep actually said that Red Bull's trade to acquire De Ro "was the greatest trade in MLS history"

The gift that keeps on giving indeed.

20. DecadeOfDCU26

DecadeOfDCU26 Member+

May 2, 2007
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow what is wrong with the Gals this year?

Not that I'm complaining of course :D

21. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    I was firmly of the view that LA would be fine. I believed that with that much salary and that much talent, surely they would be fine eventually. After last night, I'm not so sure.

22. Publius

Publius Member+

May 22, 2001
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They seem to be having our 2000 season.

23. Untroubled by Reason

Dec 5, 2007
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Problem is, their best defender is injured and most of the rest of their talent is walking around in three pairs of shoes. And two of those are with their national teams right now.

24. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Charleston Battery blog: http://www.noquartersoccer.com/

Some good info on Dykstra in there in relation to USOC competition (the entry was written before Dykstra was sent back again on loan this weekend) ...
    ... and they're the team we're all hoping knock the NJ Metros out of the USOC next week.

DC06 repped this.
  25. The Cold Sea

The Cold Sea Señor Mejor

Feb 17, 2005
    The District
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Me too. Arena needs to right the ship soon or the Gals will be out of the playoffs before July 4.....not that I mind. :laugh: