Other MLS games and Teams/Players [R]

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by UcIceD2011, Jul 22, 2012.

1. UcIceD2011

UcIceD2011 Member+

Jul 10, 2011
    Nor Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't expect anything from that garbage team. They are obviously going through the motions right now and can't even play for their jobs. I expect them to be little more than a speed bump for the rest of the year and for most of their coaching staff to get fired as Vergara has taken over.

2. WarGalaxy

WarGalaxy Member+

May 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chivas making a case for regulation once again. The league needs to do something about teams just phoning it in week after week match after match, because there's no repercussion.

3. generaladmissision18

Jul 29, 2011
    Highland park, ca
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Portland is just terrible, bad touches, bad passing, bad communication, ugh

4. Revived fan

Revived fan Member

May 9, 2010
    Sunny So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After loosing in SJ 4-0, I thought Goats would at least show some heart at home and let smurfs know they can fight. In all fairness, it was the dumb mistake to hit Gordon causing the PK that got smurfs going. Smurfs didn't look spectacular at all....if it was the Galaxy, we would beat them.

5. Ghosting

Ghosting Member+

Aug 20, 2004
    Pendleton, OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought that was a ticky tacky call. Yeah, Gordon got a good bump, but he fell on the ground like he'd been shot, and didn't move for nearly a minute. It's amazing to me that so much contact is allowed when you have two players fighting for a ball in the box, but that play is called a PK when it's really no more than a minor obstruction of an off-the-ball run. Up until that point, Chivas had looked to be the better team.

I watched both the KC and the SJ matches (at least extensive parts of both), and I was struck by how physically both teams play, and how much the refs let them get away with. I think they can both really create problems for us if the refs let them beat on us and kick us. If they call the matches tighter, it will be to our advantage. If I were Bruce, I'd talk about that in the media before matches against those teams to try to get the refs thinking about it.

Berks repped this.
  6. Revived fan

Revived fan Member

May 9, 2010
    Sunny So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If we still have Kovalenko, no one will dare to mess around:cool:

7. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Did you miss the 'talented' and 'very athletic' part? ;)

8. esco300

esco300 Member+

May 8, 2011
    Seattle
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Woah! That doesnt sound like barret sorry.

9. WarGalaxy

WarGalaxy Member+

May 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DC won tonight in Philly. Which means they now have 47pts in 29 games played. Which knocks us down from 6th overall to 7th.

Results are not going our way. SKC, SJE, and now DCU have all gotten mid-week points so far.

RANT:
    Are you friggin kidding me, Portland? You can't hold onto a two goal lead against SJ with 18 minutes left in the game, for your first win on the road all season? I guess we really don't have much to complain about, when it comes to that. At least they didn't loose.

10. WarGalaxy

WarGalaxy Member+

May 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MLS week 29 wishlist.

Saturday:
    SKC at MTL - Impact victory.
    NYRB at NER - Revolution victory.
    POR at RSL - Timbers victory (yeah right).
    CLB at CHI - Crew victory.
    SJE at SEA - Draw. or perhaps Sounders victory (we're still not eliminated from the SS race).

Sunday:
    HOU at PHI - Philadelphia victory.
    CHV at DCU - Chivas victory (yeah right, we've seen this movie before).
    COL at Van - Whitecaps victory (Both teams are below us, but we play the Rapids again next week).

11. Kilgore

Kilgore Member

Sep 18, 2007
    You put the words "Chivas" and "victory" next to each other in a sentence! You kill me!
    :ROFLMAO:

Berks and WarGalaxy repped this.
  12. WarGalaxy

WarGalaxy Member+

May 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, It's kinda wishful thinking, to say the least. I don't think I'll ever see them win again in my lifetime.

Kilgore repped this.
  13. New Mexican

New Mexican Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chivas already played Columbus on Sept 19 and lost.

14. Ghosting

Ghosting Member+

Aug 20, 2004
    Pendleton, OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wait a second... who do we need to win the LA v TOR match?

15. esco300

esco300 Member+

May 8, 2011
    Seattle
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

that one team with the a Balding guy, a Crazy Irish and the underwear model with funny accent

16. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really Portland? Watch the first goal in the RSL vs. Timbers game tonight. Pathetic.

We are likely going to need the win tonight to stay ahead.

17. WarGalaxy

WarGalaxy Member+

May 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cool story bro. But it seems like Chivas always looses, what's new? What's your point?

18. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    RSL's next game is against Chivas, so we all know what's going to happen there. Seattle is playing Vancouver. So, our game against CO is a must win to keep setting the pace. Seattle plays Portland as their game in hand I believe, so the next week will involve some jostling in the table.

19. WarGalaxy

WarGalaxy Member+

May 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Again, Chivas fails us once again. DC jumps up to 6th overall, knocking us down to 5th.

20. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good idea on War Galaxy's part to start tracking the other games since we are now in and points matter, so this week's wishlist:

9/28 SKC vs. CHI - kind of a no win for us, hope for a draw
    9/29 NY vs. TOR - hope for miraculous once in a lifetime win from TOR
    9/29 CLB vs. PHI - Union win
    9/29 HOU vs. Revs - Revs win
    9/29 VAN vs. Seattle - Vancouver win
    9/29 SJ vs. FCD - FCD win
    9/29 POR vs. DC - POR win
    9/29 CHV vs. RSL - hahahahahahahahaha
    our game is last, so we'll know who won what out of the weekend

WarGalaxy repped this.
  21. klpv82

klpv82 Member+

Mar 8, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I did some quick math, so I may be wrong.
    Assuming SJ is our only competition for the SS, the only way we can win the SS is if we win the rest of our games (Colorado, RSL, SJ, Seattle) and if SJ loses the rest of theirs (Dallas, Colorado, LA, Portland). In that case, we'd have 61 points and they would have 60. If they tie a game and end up with 61 as well, they'd win the tie breaker which would be head-to-head matchups.

So our chances are really bad...but crazier things have happened. If only he could've won a few more games during the horrible start of the season...

22. WarGalaxy

WarGalaxy Member+

May 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    9/28 SKC vs. CHI: You're right about us wanting a draw for the result. However, since SKC has already secured a CCL spot next season it might be better for the Galaxy to hope to finish in front of Chicago, just in case SKC makes the Cup final. However, if Chicago wins this match it still gives us shot at finishing above both in the overall standings. That way if we face either in the Cup final we'll have home field advantage. However, a draw makes both still a reality, so I think a draw is best.

9/29 VAN vs. Seattle: Vancouver is at home, and this is one of their rivals, plus they're still fighting to stay in a playoff spot. So hopefully they put up a good fight, and perhaps pull out a victory. A victory for Vancouver is not likely, however they might be able to pull out a draw. Which is still good.

9/29 SJ vs. FCD: Every game left is a must win for Dallas. They had a bye week this weekend, so hopefully they've trained, gotten healthy, and are focused and prepared for SJ. The Earthquakes just came off a two game week, so they haven't had anytime to think about their upcoming match up with Dallas until now. However, a FCD victory maybe just delaying the inevitable, I just don't want to ever concede anything to SJ.

9/29 POR vs. DCU: Portland is much better at home, so there is a little hope for an upset. However, DC has played much better as of late since they lost De Rosario. A draw works too.

9/29 CHV vs. RSL & NY vs. TOR: hahahahahahahahaha, yeah right!

Berks repped this.
  23. Kilgore

Kilgore Member

Sep 18, 2007
    SKC looks strong. Ref helped, but they are dangerous.

24. Ghosting

Ghosting Member+

Aug 20, 2004
    Pendleton, OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Both SKC and San Jose play a very physical style of play. How successful they are in the playoffs will largely depend on how tolerant the refs are. If the ref's call it tight, and prevent them from kicking, pushing, grabbing, and pulling their opponents, they're going to have a tough time. If the refs just "let them play" (like they did with SKC and Chi last night), they will have their way with a lot of teams... and will be very tough for our guys to handle.

25. Beirut

Beirut Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Seattle and Vancouver tied 0-0

And it's halftime between Chivas(the bitch of the west) and Rsl. 0-2 for RSL.