Other MLS games and Teams/Players [R]

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by UcIceD2011, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First half = meh.

2nd half they move him to withdrawn forward and he's excellent. I don't know why they persist in playing him in midfield. He belongs closer to goal. You watching Jurgen?

He took a crappy PK though. He doesn't recognize he's poor at them, that's BAD BAD news for the USMNT.

2. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Both defenses were terrible this game. Clown college defending.

dashiel and generaladmissision18 repped this.
  3. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pretty wild game. Glad to see Dempsey's form returning (it's like there's a magnetic force preventing Dempsey & Donovan from being in form at the same time recently).

Berks repped this.
  4. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    BigSoccer :)
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not reading too much into that game other than if we don't score at least two against both of them we should be ashamed of ourselves. Great match but some horrendous defending.

dashiel, generaladmissision18 and Berks repped this.
  5. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was just thinking, Kries and NYCFC are in a unique position.

He essentially gets to scout and help coach for a full year players he'll take on loan next season.

6. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He had a couple of really nice passes as well; that lofted cross to the back post from the right side was great. Withdrawn forward is the only position he needs to play. He is doing more running and showing more effort and energy and off-the-ball movement than I've seen in a while. Seems to be getting his confidence back, which is good for the Nats - except for his false confidence at taking PKs. Please, no, Clint. Just no.

Berks repped this.
  7. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    His energy was stellar. No moping, just played simple in the last half an hour, and that looked great. This is what I would have loved to see against Mexico instead of dropping back for the ball. It's his beast mode.

StillKickin repped this.
  8. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    By the way, JK did tweet about Clint's game today. Wondering if he'll be watching tomorrow...and commenting.

9. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nah, I'm sure there's a game happening over in Germany that he's got to hop a flight to catch it live. Bundesliga II or perhaps in England. Surely there's someone in the Championship he can scout.

Berks and MPNumber9 repped this.
  10. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    Was curious. Last Donovan mention on Jurgen’s feed was a year ago and it was a link to an article. The only other mention was almost two years ago. Less mention than fringe played like Sascha.

Berks repped this.
  11. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No mentions for winning MVP of the Gold Cup eh?

12. Dawdler

Dawdler Member+

Apr 2, 2005
    Los Angeles,CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

I usually don't buy into the JK/LD soap opera but I really don't think JK would ever praise LD like this, its obvious that JK feels he has to baby deuce and use tough love on LD, I usually don't mind this but JK goes to great lengths to make sure everybody knows how he treats players differently, he should keep it behind closed doors.

13. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure what to make of FCD, but they sure love their new coach.

14. UcIceD2011

UcIceD2011 Member+

Jul 10, 2011
    Nor Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Front runner for goal of the year was scored in the VAN COL game. Definitely should watch both goals scored by Mari.

15. Beakmon FC

Beakmon FC Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Jan 10, 2002
    The OC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn't Dallas start off like this last season, too?

generaladmissision18 repped this.
  16. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup, and then sank like a rock.

17. BlueMagic

BlueMagic Member

Aug 3, 2008
    Avalon
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No one but LD should take a critical PK for the Nats in the world cup. I give a crap who the captain of this team is. Shouldn't be a tough choice for JK... The greatest, most clutch, American player in USS history.. Or the guy who had a couple great years in the EPL??... And I say this as a big Dempsey fan BTW... My hate for Seattle not withstanding.

Irish.Long10 repped this.
  18. forie

forie Member+

Sep 14, 2007
    Costa Mesa
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @LAGalaxyInsider: Wow. RT @thegoalkeeper: Blog post: Atlanta confirmed as Major League Soccer’s next expansion market http://t.co/bJQdwnNbXx

esco300 repped this.
  19. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not surprising really.

The real question is who will be #24. There might really be a battle royale for that spot. I've heard options like Indiana, San Antonio, Las Vegas, Pittsburg, Sacremento etc. Eventually we need to add a team from the west right? The conferences will probably be rearranged by 2018 but still, expansion has been a little east heavy.

20. 73Bruin

73Bruin Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Torrance, California
    IMO, MLS needs more cities that are warm weather without being hell-holes in the summer. San Diego would be a better fit then Atlanta and has better demographics for soccer than Atlanta. Chivas USA probably should have been there to begin with. As for the 24th team doesn't it need to be Canadian to stay under FIFA's 20 team 1st league rule or has MLS obtained a waiver?

21. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #3021 SoCalYid, Apr 7, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
    The league does need to attempt to make inroads into the southern TV markets. That's mainly what that's about. As it's been discussed in this thread, that's how they clearly are looking at expansion. If over the life of the next contract a team in the south adds another 25k-30k onto the national tv audience, I think they would be pleased.

I'm not sure how eager MLS is to put a team in San Diego considering it's one of the cities that watches MLS the most that doesn't have a club. They already get a lot out of the market and it probably would be improved by having two competent LA teams.

Also I don't know about the limitations but isn't MLS exempt because it's a single entity? I know I've heard people suggest in 20 years there could be 32 teams in the league. If it ever gets to that point it would be cool to have 3 Southern California teams. The soccer culture could grow even bigger which I think eventually would benefit everyone.

22. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have always thought a second team in san diego would be better then 2 teams in LA. San Diego has a good soccer community and it could grow better then competing against a large club like LA

23. Baysider

Baysider Member+

Jul 16, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I don't think it's an actual rule; more of a strong suggestion. In any case, the point is to limit the number of games to no more than 38 and since MLS doesn't play a balanced schedule it isn't a problem.

24. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #3024 The Cadaver, Apr 7, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
    I know times have changed, but that was exactly the NHL's thinking with the Atlanta Thrashers and the Atlanta Flames, and both teams (if you will excuse the expression) flamed out. Now, maybe, with Arthur Blank behind the effort things will be different. He certainly has the bucks to do it first class if he wants to. But it probably would mean another sharing of the stadium with an NFL team, so that is problematic.

For all I know, Atlanta is a hidden gem of pent up soccer enthusiasm. But I don't think so. Don't look for a Seattle redux.

25. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They are already reporting that the plan is for the Atlanta MLS team to share the new stadium that Blank is building for the Falcons....