Other game results NQR(R) 2012

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Beerking, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    Mondays are the best day for that, the smell of the hops is so intense! And you know that some people complain about it? Shocking! :)

2. DasMoots

DasMoots Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    can someone please beat the flounders or the saltlickers for us already or do we have to do everytime :mad:

3. jr89436

jr89436 Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Your wish will be granted on Saturday, absent a tie. RSL plays Seattle.

4. TBPride

TBPride New Member

Nov 23, 2010
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Except we want that one to be a tie.

5. sportsfan-quakes

Mar 19, 2005
    San Jose
    Seattle has been unbelievably lucky with the schedule the last two weeks. Both LA and Dallas basically play reserve teams against them in a midweek game, making it easy for Seattle to get the win. I think Seattle is good, but they have been winning against weak teams or winning on lucky plays (deflected goals and own goals). It's too bad, because now they are getting all of their guys back healthy and they will be a team to deal with.

6. jr89436

jr89436 Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Doesn't seem likely. Seattle played mostly B-team against Dallas (which was mostly B-team involuntarily). RSL pretty much played their first team. I'm guessing it will be a rested and largely fit Seattle A-team versus a slightly more injured and tired RSL A-team, played in Seattle. It was pretty obvious that Sigi was saving his star players for Kreis. RSL had a scoreless draw tonight and have been having some trouble finding their form as of late. Montero appears to be entering a hot streak given his brace tonight.

Accounting for form, rest, and injuries, I would think the odds favor Seattle beating RSL. Should be a fantastic game to watch in any case.

7. canyonvue

canyonvue Member

Sep 1, 2010
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Hi. Just a fyi, that wasn't RSL's full starter team. They played without Espindola, Borchers, Johnson and Rimando. And then Morales went off. So, there will be a rested Espindola, Borchers, Johnson and hopefully Rimando can play. That's why they kept him back - hoping he would be able to this weekend. Don't know about Morales.

Kreis has mentioned they weren't too worried about resting players, as much, these last two games because they have a two week break coming up after that.

8. hc897

hc897 Member+

May 3, 2009
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I watched the game and Seattle did not look very good at all in the first half. They struggled for any kind of possession against a Dallas team that does nothing but put the ball forward with the hopes that somebody will get to it. Second half was a different story with Montero coming on, but they still didn't have that much possession. The defense also had some troubles not fouling Sealy, which amused me. Hopefully these recent games will give them a false sense of security. Out of the teams in the hunt, I fear RSL (and maybe even Vancouver) far more than I do Seattle.

9. jr89436

jr89436 Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Yeah, Seattle's offense really hasn't been there even accounting for the injuries. In fairness, they played a B-team lineup in Dallas that would be beaten by any decent full-strength MLS side because they could get away with it (pulling a Galaxy, but successful?). Montero and Rosales each played a half and it was obvious that was where the quality was. Dallas's B-team looked sharp and motivated but you can really see the drop-off on both sides from the A-team to the B-team. FCD brought a lot of energy but it was poorly focused.

Saturday will be the real measure of both RSL and Seattle. It is supposed to be the first match this season where Seattle starts most of its A-team. I've been withholding judgement of Seattle's strength, good or bad, until I see them playing a full-strength lineup against a good side.

10. DasMoots

DasMoots Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    to be even more specific we want a 0-0 tie with 2 red cards for each side ;)

we then win on sunday and are back in sole possession of 1st place.

Beerking repped this.
  11. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I haven't seen this posted anywhere, hope this is the right place.
    Josh Saunders Out Indefinitely
    Bummer for Josh, but #$%& el-lay!! So now they need to sign another GK, or go with a pool player for a while. So, I can see this messing with el-lay even more. Do they go out and spend a ton of cash on a new GK? I expect that somehow, someway, the filth will sign another player or three and still be under their ever flexible salary cap. Failing that, they are going to miss the playoff this season!! Oh Yeah!!

GO QUAKES!!

- Mark

12. sportsfan-quakes

Mar 19, 2005
    San Jose
    Eh - assuming Saunders completes the program successfully, it's likely he'll be out for about 2 months (that's how long Shalrie Joseph was out in 2010 when he went into the program). So he would be back with LA by early July. Surprisingly, Gaudette has played well for them in the past two games, so I doubt LA is planning to go spend money on a keeper. They have other bigger problems to worry about on defense. That doesn't mean that they will make the playoffs, they are digging themselves a pretty big hole. But while they are way out of the top 4 spots, they are only 5 points out of 5th place with a game in hand on Colorado, so with a two game winning streak they could get back in the top half of the West.

13. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    He's a juice-jockey...HAHAHAHAHA! When the filth suffer, I smile. :)

14. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like Josh because he used to play for the Timbers, and was originally drafted by our own Mighty Quakes. He's a good guy, but substance abuse ... Dude, clean it up! Speaking of which, I'm going wine tasting in Walla Walla this weekend. There's about a zillion tasting rooms right in downtown, so we'll be able to stagger from one to another with no need for a designated driver. Cool! :D

GO QUAKES!!

- Mark

15. DotMPP

DotMPP 'Quakes fan in Stumptown

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jun 29, 2004
    SE Portland, OR
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Get me an autograph if you see Josh... :ROFLMAO:

16. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    So far I'm loving the result of the Montreal vs the filth game :D

17. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    tbh seattle doesnt look that scary at all. RSL are comprehensively beating them despite what the score may indicate.

18. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Seattle got one shot on goal. RSL just toyed with them all night. The Sounders don't even look like contenders.

19. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good results today. Even with Seattle. Ahead of KC. RSL is 4 points ahead of us but we have 3 games in hand. Can we get 5 points from our next 3 games? I'd like to think we are capable of being the top team this year!

20. sportsfan-quakes

Mar 19, 2005
    San Jose
    Yeah - great day for the Quakes as far as other teams. I would have preferred a draw in Seattle, but if one team had to win I think it's better that RSL did. Seattle now hopefully starts to lose a bit of confidence, as they are about to have a bunch of games over the next couple of weeks. Vancouver has to be the most Jekyll and Hyde team out there - they've given up 11 goals in 4 of their games (twice against Quakes, against KC and against NE), but in their other 6 games they haven't given up a single goal. I know today they played some backups in central defense, but it's still pretty amazing how they fall apart on defense in some games.

Too bad LA got the draw, but at least they didn't win! And Dallas is just a mess right now - yes they have injuries, but so do the Quakes and so did Seattle. Watching Dallas right now is kind of like watching Portland - you just know that they are going to fall apart and lose the game, even if they score first.

21. leocal

leocal Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Fog City
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hats off to Nyugen from NE. what a screamer to make it 4-1. goal of the week so far.

22. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    vancouver is easily the most dangerous team we have played this year

DotMPP repped this.
  23. sportsfan-quakes

Mar 19, 2005
    San Jose
    Vancouver is definitely much improved from last year, but I don't think they're that good. What do you see in them that makes you say this? I've been more impressed with RSL, Seattle, and even New York (New York has such a good offense that if they figure things out a bit on defense, they are tough as shown the past couple of weeks without Henry).

24. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Vancouver was fantastic on offense against us and gave our defenders which have been solid all season absolute fits.

I watched the RSL-Seattle game yesterday and im not in any way shape or form impressed with Seattle. That goal they gave to RSL was a softie. And they lacked any bite whatsoever. i was actually bored watching that game last night once RSL parked the bus.

25. sportsfan-quakes

Mar 19, 2005
    San Jose
    Yes, but have you watched any other Vancouver matches? They played well against the Quakes, but have not looked good in most of their other games. Did you watch them last night? As for giving the Quakes defenders fits, they most certainly did not do that in San Jose. In Vancouver, the Quakes were playing on short rest and the midfield played poorly, and they did not have Bernardez, which made Vancouver's offense look better. Against teams with good midfields (like the Quakes the first game, like New England last night), Vancouver doesn't look good.

I do think they'll get better, maybe a lot better, in the summer once they get Robson. Also, Mattocks has looked dangerous in his sub minutes the past couple of matches, he may give their offense some speed that they don't seem to have. But right now, I'm not impressed by them - they can definitely have a good game, but they also have had quite a few poor ones.