Other game results NQR(R) 2012

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Beerking, Mar 7, 2012.

1. KMJvet

KMJvet BigSoccer Supporter

May 26, 2001
    Quake Country
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Watching Ryan Johnson screw up again and again for a team other than the Earthquakes was very enjoyable.

2. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah well anyone who didn't see that coming doesn't really know the game, or for that matter, RJ's work ethic. He is always the same, all flash no finish...

3. elvinjones

elvinjones Member

Jul 4, 2011
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is Columbus gonna be a permanent long term team? Lowest average attendance at ~50% capacity, this game almost looks like 25% full. It's sad to see.

The quality is quite unimpressive too. Tied at 1-1 with the Dynamo at 72'.

4. elvinjones

elvinjones Member

Jul 4, 2011
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ooo, Gaven 2-1 for the Crew! Nice.

5. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What will they do with the first ever SSS if the team relocates?

6. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's a big IF.

7. KMJvet

May 26, 2001
    Quake Country
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know Philly well enough to know whether losing Daniels and G. Farfan to suspension are big losses for them or no big deal since they have depth at their positions...anyone know?

8. quakesfollower

Oct 10, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    From what I've seen in watching them, and in reading on their BS boards and other places, this is a loss but not a huge one. They rotate guys in a lot and have other options to replace Daniels and Farfan. If Califf is still out injured, though, that also hurts them. So while it doesn't create a huge hole, it certainly doesn't help them.

9. KMJvet

May 26, 2001
    Quake Country
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm getting more and more surprised that NY, TFC or Philly wouldn't give up allocation money or draft pick for the rights to Attakora.

10. vjle

vjle Member

Sep 17, 2001
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    During the dismantling of NYRB by DCU today (4/21) on ESPN2, both Taylor Twellman and Alexi Lalas talked at length about their opinion that Marquez's suspension is too short and how it reflects badly on MLS.

After showing clips of several of Rafa's lowlights, both commented on how Rafa is bad for the team performance-wise and moral-wise, and Lalas added that NY should dump him this summer.

A nice big black eye for the disciplinary committee on national TV--priceless!

Another highlight of the game was Pontius stripping the ball from Henry (who collapsed as if shot), beating 2 or 3 NY defenders by himself right down the middle, and blasting the ball in the upper 90.

11. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    RJ on TFC = 0-6 start to 2012. Coincidence? ;)

12. sportsfan-quakes

Mar 19, 2005
    San Jose
    I agree on NY and TFC. Philly actually has some decent central defenders, so I'm not sure they really need to add one. Philly's problem hasn't been defense, it's been lack of offense. I'm also surprised nobody seems to have made any move on Burling. Bobby's not as athletic as Attakora, but he uses his body well and has decent speed.

13. leocal

leocal Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Fog City
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    too bad Henry scored today, and tied Wondo with 8. :(

14. KMJvet

May 26, 2001
    Quake Country
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe, but I'm just suspicious Califf will be a sicknote.

15. sportsfan-quakes

Mar 19, 2005
    San Jose
    For those who were worried that the Quakes had a hard time breaking down RSL when they were up a man (and then 2 men), you only have to see the results of the Barca-Chelsea game to understand how hard it can be to score when a team really bunkers in and has a good keeper (and how easy it is go give up a shorthanded goal when you are pushing hard for a goal).

The Quakes are better than Barca :D

16. vjle

vjle Member

Sep 17, 2001
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Yup, I have seen this many times. The defending team doesn't necessarily even need a good GK. Exhibit #1: Mike Magee.

17. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    Either that, or Chelsea is better than RSL :).

18. soccerbone

soccerbone Member+

Apr 12, 2002
    Los Altos, Ca
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I want RSL to lose, but Sealy is already playing like an extra RSL defender. He's blocked an almost sure goal and prevented some other Dallas offense.

19. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Wouldn't it be wonderful for Scott to score the winning goal?

20. guamster

guamster Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    Winnetka, CA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Guam
    RSL fans will have another controversial call to discuss for the next few days.

PK converted by Shea in injury time of the first half.

:)

21. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh yeaaa!

Let's goooo Dallas!

22. sportsfan-quakes

Mar 19, 2005
    San Jose
    Well that wasn't as amusing as seeing RSL lose, but in the end it's actual better for the Quakes. Neither team gets the full 3 points, and the RSL fans can all bitch about another call for the next week :D

Sealy was pretty nonexistent out there, Dallas is going to be in trouble if they have to count on him for offense.

Beckerman commits 3 more fouls to extend his lead for the most fouls committed in the league (24 in 9 games, along with 4 yellow cards). And Dunseth has the nerve to talk about how it isn't Beckerman's fault that he commits so many fouls, saying it's required because of the position he plays. Note to Dunseth - Cronin plays the same position, and he's only committed 8 fouls in 7 games, and no yellow cards. But of course the RSL fans are convinced that everyone else plays ugly, physical soccer, not their team.

RSL did not look very good tonight, until the final 15 minutes or so. Maybe it was a hangover from the loss in San Jose, but they have now had several games this year where they really haven't looked good (at home against Chivas and Montreal, at Portland until the last 10 minutes, and at KC). They have gotten a couple of lucky results (win at Portland, win over Montreal) where they didn't necessarily outplay the other team. They control a lot of possession but go through long stretches where they don't look dangerous in the offensive third. They have a lot of good players and may put things together, but right now they are not that scary of a team.

23. KMJvet

May 26, 2001
    Quake Country
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dunseth has always sucked as a color guy. How many times did he have to tell us Jackson got off the plane at 12:30?

24. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's not gloat too much. We have had a couple of lucky results also, and it's likely RSL will put it together.

25. SoccerMan94043

SoccerMan94043 Member+

May 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I still believe RSL is the best team in the league (they have the best offense, defense and midfield balance of any team in the league)... in the long run, that will win out. I do think KC is quite good as well (I love their high pressure tactics), though I doubt their depth and that will hurt them in the long run.