Other game results NQR(R) 2012

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Beerking, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    Watching the CONCACAF game in Toronto, aside from the Foxsoccer LA sycophants doing the play-by-play the results, so far, are exceptional. :D

2. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    Shit. :mad:

Baby judas ties it up with a slop goal in the 88th. minute. ********ing Toronto :mad:

3. KMJvet

KMJvet BigSoccer Supporter

May 26, 2001
    Quake Country
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for Beerking for starting this thread.

I suspect this is a good time to advise any new people and remind the regulars that we want to keep results of games people might have DVR'd out of any threads without [R] in the title until 24 hrs after the game ends. That allows people to still come to big soccer for Quakes news and discussion without having results spoiled for other games they haven't watched yet.

4. quakesfollower

Oct 10, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Of the 3 MLS teams playing tonight, I thought Seattle looked the best, and they were playing a pretty tough opponent. LA did what many expected - scored, but also gave up goals. The LA defense broke down several times in the first half, but tightened up pretty well in the second half. But the LA offense was not that dominant - probably not surprising since they haven't played together as a group at all in preseason. Both Toronto and LA played mostly a long ball, direct style of play for most of the match. Will be interesting to see if that's the style of play they want to play, or if it was a byproduct of being early in the season.

5. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We want to keep results of games people might have DVR'd out of any threads without [R] in the title until 24 hrs after the game ends.

M'kay?!
    Maybe we can avoid arguing about this, AGAIN, midway through the season. Please?

GOOOO QUAAAAAAKES!!!!!!
    Fire Frank!!

- Mark

6. quakesfollower

Oct 10, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Mark - stop being so subtle! Say what you think.....it gets tiring reading your posts and not knowing what point you are trying to make :D

Seriously people, honor the 24 hour rule or put the results discussion into the threads they are intended for. Even if there's an [R] in a thread, that doesn't mean you should discuss other results in that thread, either.

7. quakesfollower

Oct 10, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    So with the new playoff format, it makes it easier to know who to root for in any matches between the East and West this year! We want the East teams to beat the West teams every time they play (except the Quakes, obviously..)

Go Montreal, Columbus, New York, Houston and Philly!

8. guamster

guamster Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    Winnetka, CA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Guam
    0-2 so far.

9. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This DC-KC game is so hard to watch.. Just a bunch of fast breaks and bad passes, back and forth.

10. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    I know, right? It's almost painful to watch.

On the bright side, no matter how horrible we are this season we'll always be better than Montreal. :D

11. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is Ching playing for them? Or did he go back to Houston?

12. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    The big wimp is back in Houston...LOL

Good result for Sporting tonight.

13. lurking

lurking Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LA ends the first day of the season at the bottom of western conference. :D

14. davez

davez Member+

Aug 10, 2000
    Mountain View, CA
    Don't you love It

15. sportsfan-quakes

Mar 19, 2005
    San Jose
    Although I would rather have seen Colorado and Vancouver lose, it is very amusing to see the Quakes, Rapids, Whitecaps and RSL all tied with 3 points and the Galaxy in last place with 0 points!

Watched some of the Rapids and Vancouver games before going to watch the Quakes - Vancouver looked good offensively, but I don't think their defense was that good. Montreal was not very good, yet still had several very good chances to score. It was hard to tell with the Rapids, as Columbus looked just dreadful. Quincy Amarikwa did score a great goal for Colorado late in the game, so congrats to him. Early candidate for GOTW, check it out if you didn't see it yet.

16. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    :D:D
    The filth eat a huge steaming pile at home for their opener, how sweet it is!

17. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What makes the LA loss even better is that it was at their home. Next match vs RSL will be at Rio Tinto, where they have even worse odds :)

18. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NY Energy Drinks vs. Dallas - How I love when the league's second chosen club fails miserably.. haha! I can't wait until the day when both Red Bull and Chivas USA are rebranded to save the embarrassment they bring to the league as franchises.

I also find it hilarious that the Western Conference is manhandling the East. Not really good for us, but I love seeing the West beat up the East.

19. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    I have to say it, I love the NBCSP broadcast miles better than the foxsoccer LA homers. Well done from start to finish and the play-by-play man was really good!

20. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wth, now Philadelphia has a similarly-colored blue kit?? Why does everyone keep stealing our colors!

21. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If we would wear the black shorts with our blue jerseys I really wouldn't care how many teams wore blue.

22. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    Portland really woke up in the second half and spanked PU pushing the filth even further down the food chain. :D

23. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Portland win also pushed us down the food chain on goal difference. A Philly win or tie would have been much better for us.

24. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    What are you trying to be, gloomy? :D

25. sportsfan-quakes

Mar 19, 2005
    San Jose
    While it's amusing to see LA in last place, it's not good that all of the West teams except Chivas won their East-West matchups this weekend. Hopefully Portland and Vancouver still suck on the road. Based on the first weekend (obviously a very small sample), it's going to be even tougher than expected to get in the playoffs in the West.

Alhassan from Portland was very impressive last night, although it's hard to tell if he was that good or Philly's defense was that bad. They pretty much let him run up and down the wing without much challenge.