OT: Solidarity with the Sacramento Kings

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by OWN(yewu)ED, Apr 14, 2011.

1. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. krudmonk

krudmonk Member+

Mar 7, 2007
    S.J. Sonora
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    these folks are intense when they actually have the public finance argument on their side

3. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nah, most of these people are kooks. Listening to them speak is torture. Most of them sound like they have no idea what's going on, but doggonit, they're angry about something!

The only thing that would make Sacramento worse is if the nay-sayers get their wish and nothing is built. These people have no long term vision. Not surprising since most of them complaining look like they're years from the grave(to put it bluntly)

4. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow after watching 5 minutes of their "opposition" up there in Sac I can honestly say I have no beef with the Newhall Association anymore. They're at least they had someone rational if misguided arguments and had skin in the game more of less. Some of these nutjobs make San Jose's city hall denizens seem coherent and sane. And that's saying something.

5. DotMPP

DotMPP 'Quakes fan in Stumptown

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jun 29, 2004
    SE Portland, OR
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, we all are, but maybe these folks are looking at single digits?

6. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maloof's suck. However they're not the only one playing games with their NBA team.

http://www.iamagm.com/news/2012/03/...development.san.francisco.team.getting.closer

The Warriors have apparently given up on any of Oakland's so called "plans" and are focusing on returning the Warriors to San Francisco after 45 years.

8. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, they do. I can't wait for the day when the NBA forces them to sell the team.

9. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well that's it then. Kings arena deal is dead, as is any hope of a future one. Seems the city has had just about enough of George, Gavin and the rest of their merry band of mentally deficient ********tards. The city offers to play 250 million of the new arena cost leaving only 73 million for the Maloofs to cover, which they agree to do. And then they proceed to torpedo the plan just as they have the previous 2 arena plans. Then they have the gall to say they're committed to staying in Sac and that they love Sac while they've got the Anaheim city council on line 2.

http://www.sactownroyalty.com/2012/4/13/2946954/mayor-kevin-johnson-sacramento-deserves-better

NBA commissioner David Stern has said they'll be playing 2012-13 in Sac but then he doesn't know what will happen. But I'd not bet my life on that one based on how underhanded this whole thing has been. The city of Sacramento did EVERYTHING the NBA asked of it, and the Maloofs still found a way to kill the project. Sad day for NorCal sports.

10. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    devastated, pissed :( i cant believe im going through this AGAIN! :(

11. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Maloofs are scum.

Not surprising, they've been jerking us around the entire time because they have wanted to move the entire time, and wanted others to pay for their investment. What dirtbags. If they didn't want to be part of this deal, they should have just said so from the beginning, instead of going through this dog and pony show.

All they have been doing this whole time has been hoping the deal would fall through so they could turn around to the NBA and say "see? We've exhausted all options. You have to let us relocate!" These guys are shady scumbags.

I'm not spending a dime on the Kings until they have new ownership, which is the only prospect for the Kings staying in Sacramento. The Maloofs Ned to cash in their chips and sell. They've mismanaged their fortunes and businesses and are broke.

Seattle, Anaheim, or any other city looking to lure these guys, save the trouble. These guys are lying, untrustworthy dirtbags.

It's a weird situation now because the NBA has said they wont approve relocation, the Maloofs say the Kings arent for sale, but Sacramentans are not going to support this team as long as the Maloofs are the owners. What will give?

12. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Either the Maloofs pocketbooks or the NBA BOG will give. And my money is on the BOG. They've never killed one of their own franchises and I don't see them starting now. They'll broker some deal for either Anaheim or Seattle and the Kings will be gone. Particularly since even sans-Maloof it will now be tough to ever get city support for a new Sacramento Arena. The Maloofs have seriously poisoned the well.

13. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    agreed, you wont be seeing me at any more kings games in that crappy outdated arena. Theres already a boycott going on and we are trying to get regional business on board with it too. We're hoping theyre so poor they cant even make payroll. If that happens, NBA steps in. They sounded like they were in open panic yesterday.

14. elvinjones

elvinjones Member

Jul 4, 2011
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I think it seems like an effective display of leverage to me. Hopefully we can just get a new team, honestly. The community is more important than the company name.

15. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can't believe the Maloofs have the gall to attend tonight's game in Sac. This is going to end well for them...

16. krudmonk

krudmonk Member+

Mar 7, 2007
    S.J. Sonora
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Right on, should be better than the Lacob debacle.

17. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't imagine they'll be there for more than a few minutes. People will be booing them, chanting "Sell the team!", and I bet they'll get some food/beer thrown at them (which of course, they'll use as the excuse to leave the game). I don't understand what they're trying to do, mend things? It's over. You guys have screwed Sacramento too many times now. Get outta our town you scumbags - and sell the team to owners who are wealthy enough to own an NBA team and will partner with the city for a new arena.

Did you see this article in today's Sacramento Bee? Interview with Joe Maloof. It is fraught with one lie after another..

Can you afford fielding a competitive franchise? "We have tremendous personal wealth.... We have no debt"

They have no debt? rofl...

Is the team moving? "I swear that is not going to happen. ... We're not selling, and we're not leaving."

Well one of the other is going to happen, because the Maloofs as owners of the Sacramento Kings will not be supported.

F the lying, cheating, dirty, scumbag Maloofs. :mad:

18. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My first reaction when I read that was, WTF!?! But then I thought about it, realized it was the Maloofs we're talking about, and suddenly it still made no sense but was totally believable. And some tweets from SacBee writers aren't helping either. Apparently there are 6 cities now interested in the Kings. Anaheim, Seattle, Virginia Beach, and 3 more. Sacramento doesn't stand a chance. The 2012-13 season is likely their farewell tour. ******** the Maloofs. ******** them right in their broke, silver spoon sucking asses.

20. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Virginia Beach? Lol..

But still, F the Maloofs. Sell the team!!!

21. hc897

hc897 Member+

May 3, 2009
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    So they are just moving to whichever city will build them a stadium, it sounds like. I really wish cities weren't stupid enough to fall for this kind of BS anymore, but every time the public makes progress in forcing the private sector to actually be that, they do something like fork over practically all of the money for a new NFL stadium or this potential BS and reinforce to owners that they don't have to actually be responsible for the solvency of their endeavors. That's a shame.

22. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well in this case the Maloofs are looking at fringe desperate cities. If we were talking about a real city that was a legitimate target for pro sports (which southern Virginia doesn't really qualify as), this wouldn't be a problem. I mean look at Seattle. The arena being proposed up there is almost entirely private. IF the Kings were to leave THAT is where they should end up. But in reality they shouldn't be leaving Sacramento at all. it's the Maloofs that should be leaving.

QuietType and hc897 repped this.
  23. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Shows you how much I follow basketball -- I wasn't even aware that "the Thunder" were originally the Supersonics... I find watching basketball to be tedious in the extreme... (I mean c'mon -- any sport that can be dominated by an uncoordinated, talentless lump like O'Neal just because of his size)

24. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Maloofs are going to pick Kings fans poison for them. And they've got no absence of options.