Ortiz's coverage of international soccer.

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by Westside Cosmo, Jan 30, 2013.

1. The_Ponce

The_Ponce Co-President of the United States of Dynamo

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like this thread! Let them keep on fighting! BigSoccer is finally interesting again...

troutseth repped this.
  2. AcetheTigah

AcetheTigah Member+

Apr 6, 2005
    Woodlands, TX
    WC isn't the only one guilty of this

'It's Called Football' certainly wanted to turn the conversation about his/her agenda as well.

I wouldn't mind moderators moving the political posts to another thread.

This thread should get back to the topic.

3. The_Ponce

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NO! Let them keep on fighting...

4. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    The topic itself is poisonous. It was inevitable that it took this route.

*rey* and anderson repped this.
  5. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    maybe. This is sort of one of the themes of this thread from the beginning. It was always about Ortiz and his coverage; part of which is his allegiances. I would say the discussion/argument above is about on point for this thread.

6. The_Ponce

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While we're at it...

9/11 was an inside job!

Beavis Stiffler repped this.
  7. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know, this thread has gone to hot TV anchor discussions before ITS CALLED FOOTBALL came in here and decided to go all Internet Hispanic Django on us.

If my agenda is asking why Americans root against our national teams and flag, I'm never going to back down or apologize for that. The ungratefulness of many is appalling to me, especially since so many of the complainers freely take so much from this country for free with no sense of gratitude.

The_Ponce repped this.
  8. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    link???

^^^ you see that's how you debate westside. :D

:mad: <=== i can see him turning red through my terminal.

respect to all regardless of your nationality, culture, race, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, football team, ethnicity.

The_Ponce repped this.
  9. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How many LA Times articles do you want me to link to?

10. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    all of them please.

^^^ you see now i'm just wasting his time. :ROFLMAO:

The_Ponce repped this.
  11. Caddman

Caddman Member+

Aug 18, 1999
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's interesting minus the politics. I have English and German ancestry. I like to watch Germany play and usually root for them when not playing the US. The English, well, they can be arrogant and I sometimes find it humorous when they lose. I'm sure the Germans can be arrogant too, but I can't understand them so...

12. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    If not me, then someone else was gonna call Westside out on his Fox News bullshit.

He's wrong and he knows he is, but he likes to antagonize.

13. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Iswear to god if Ricker shows up in this thread, I will die laughing. It'd be just what we need.

The_Ponce and *rey* repped this.
  14. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    If kids don't say the "pledge of allegiance", then they'll get suspended or sent home. That's being forced. Other than that, there are mostly sensible people who don't give a rat's ass about the whole thing, but then there are loons like Westside who try to force things on others. Him calling Ortiz a traitor is trying to force that identity upon him.

What if Ortiz doesn't care about any of that brainwashing garbage? Hell, what if he likes to burn flags? It's his right. It's only people like Westside, who usually always happen to be white, who give a damn and will make a stink about it just to be annoying. Just to troll.

I've read Cosmo's posts over the years here, and I think he's racist. And his anger towards this accusation will reveal a lot about that.

He talks about being grateful? To what? Everybody works for what they have. No one owes anything. He's an asshole and I can just bet what he mutters under his breath if a non-white says "fck the usa". Not that he doesn't get mad if a white guy says that too, but I'm pretty sure he'd have a different standard for others.

So yeah, the Fox News brainwashing is meaningless, and hopefully Ortiz just scoffs at that and instead does his own thing. The more Westsides out there who troll, the more people will say "get that O'Reilly nonsense away from me".

El Mariachi repped this.
  15. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    You're in Tejas, are you grateful to the true Tejanos that created the real Tejas? It would be apalling to me if you weren't. Sing us a couple of Tejano songs to show us that you're not a traitor. Don't freely take so much from Tejas without any gratitude. Show us your Tejano gratitude and sing just 2 Tejano songs so we know you're not ungrateful. Cooking us some Platillos Tejanos would also show us what a patriot you are, and that you're not a horrible traitor.

El Mariachi repped this.
  16. Caddman

Caddman Member+

Aug 18, 1999
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not local or a news anchor per se, but I always kinda had a thing for Kelly Dalglish:

[​IMG]

The_Ponce and El Naranja repped this.
  17. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You lost me at "everybody works for what they have". You must be a little slow on the growth of public entitlement programs.

You got any Native American or slave reparation causes we ought to be considering?

The_Ponce and JC507 repped this.
  18. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    rooting for club and country is something separate... Unless you rather see Houston Dynamo win the World Cup instead of the US.

I like you kid.. I'm also first generation, both my parents are Hondurans, my mom grew up on the border of El Salvador and Honduras and she considers herself more El Salvadorian than anything, My Father is of Cayman-Jamaican descent in Puerta Castillo, but I could never root for the US in futbol. Not in my genes, but I think its cuz my country's NT is quite shabby.

The_Ponce repped this.
  19. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Then you're a terrorist...

At least to people like Westside Cosmo and friends on this board...

The_Ponce repped this.
  20. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    Hey son, I told you to prove your Texaness, otherwise you'll be a traitor that needs to be shipped back to Romania or wherever you're from.

You are in Tejas, so you are supposed to be and look like this:

If you're not like them, then you're not a true Texan, and thus, you're a traitor.

21. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So while seething with anger during the forced pledge in elementary school, I can only assume the poor school never updated their maps beyond the early 1800s

22. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    I wasn't seething with anger. But apparently you were when Ortiz decided to back his people, which was the right thing for him to do.

Go on with your ignorance, it's entertaining.

ninjew repped this.
  23. Caddman

Caddman Member+

Aug 18, 1999
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh ffs, if we're playing the who was here first game, it goes something like this:

[​IMG]

Beyond that, I couldn't care less who you root for when they decide to kick a ball about. We might as well argue about which news anchor is the hottest, because that's about as logical.

24. Beavis Stiffler

Beavis Stiffler Member+

May 14, 2011
    Naranja With Attitude. Straight Outta Houston.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    SLIME IN THE ICE MACHINE!!!!!!!

anderson, The_Ponce and Levy2k6 repped this.
  25. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    Not to get in the way of a race war, but Ortiz breaks yet another Dynamo story with Salazar story from Clemens house.

The_Ponce and *rey* repped this.