News: Orlando Sharks Pull Out for the 2009 season

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by livesoccernews, Oct 21, 2008.

1. livesoccernews

livesoccernews New Member

Oct 21, 2008
    on earth
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yes it has already happened but I will not release it to the public until tomorrow 10/25/08 by 12Pm could be sooner but not later. Please everyone search and search and I promise you that you will get it from me first now go fish.

2. Dave K

Dave K Member

Jan 9, 2000
    Gloucester, NJ
    What the hell does Philadelphia have to do with this?

3. livesoccernews

Oct 21, 2008
    on earth
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    TIC TOC TIC TOC time is running out.

4. Redknapp11

Redknapp11 New Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Nothing wrong with a little banter back and forth but you two need to settle down and stop turning every thread into a Jerry Springer moment.

This go's to everyone, settle down with the personal jabs at each other.

5. livesoccernews

Oct 21, 2008
    on earth
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Red great point. News soon to come.

6. wsls9999

wsls9999 Member

Aug 15, 2006
    Salisbury, MD
    Nothing like feeding the fire.

Orlando announcement is already in the newspaper with quotes from Rich Bradley. No staff being let go, focus on camps, go next year...they do mention economic problems (economy or them, I don't know).

7. zinsy!!!

zinsy!!! Member

Jun 4, 2008
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAH i saw that Dave!

8. zinsy!!!

zinsy!!! Member

Jun 4, 2008
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dave...that's it! maybe it's HER!...i mean she WOULD know this stuff...hahhahahahha

9. Cohnny

Cohnny New Member

Oct 22, 2008
    those aren't necessarily mutually exclusive problems, but with plans to play in 09-10 there must be some light at the end of the tunnel in any case

10. zinsy!!!

zinsy!!! Member

Jun 4, 2008
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

right! maybe they can play in the "1 year hiatus" division with Harrisburg, Dallas, Wichita, Kansas City, and St. Louis

11. wsls9999

wsls9999 Member

Aug 15, 2006
    Salisbury, MD
    St. Louis would dominate that division.

12. Cohnny

Cohnny New Member

Oct 22, 2008
    why do the sharks have to suffer from other teams' pasts?

If you all want to live the "i'll believe it when I see it" life then have fun with that. I'd rather be hopeful and positive about the future.

13. zinsy!!!

zinsy!!! Member

Jun 4, 2008
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry...but Orlando will be another scorched market in the desert wasteland of indoor soccer....

what fan in their right mind would give them another chance when they folded after the first season?

14. wsls9999

wsls9999 Member

Aug 15, 2006
    Salisbury, MD
    Beyond the PASL-Pro nuts, everyone wants Orlando back, but history says NO (other than the Pittsburgh Spirit as I recall). So, lets go with the SPIRIT of Orlando.

15. Cohnny

Cohnny New Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Please catch up on the forums, I've already had this debate with others here.
    and pay close attention to my remarks on using the word folded.

16. wsls9999

wsls9999 Member

Aug 15, 2006
    Salisbury, MD
    Then stop bringing up the same BS, your team has folded. Get over it.

17. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    Kansas City would be in the two-year hiatus division.

18. wsls9999

wsls9999 Member

Aug 15, 2006
    Salisbury, MD
    I thought the Thundercats were supposed to move to NC? Still waiting for them as well....

19. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    I agree we need that schedule..no more 24 or 48 hours please...give a specific time...and tomorrow is really unacceptable...will keep me up all night now..haha

20. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    hey maybe the Cleveland Force can join that league as well
    They were the best!!!! We NEED them back!!

21. slickersoccer

slickersoccer Member

Aug 29, 2008
    Newark, DE
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wish I could share your hope. As a Kixx fan, I really want the NISL as a whole to be successful and (dare I dream) expand in the near future. I was also quite curious to see what Orlando's new lineup could do on the field. So this news is disappointing even to those of us who don't live in Florida. When I say it's probably time to retire your Sharks gear, it's not because I hate the team or the ownership. It's just that (as has been amply pointed out) indoor soccer teams are the deadbeat dads of the sports world. "We'll be back next year" always turns out to be an empty promise in this business. I'm sorry for your loss, but when you're ready to move past denial and onto anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance, we're here to help. Most of us have suffered similar losses and understand your pain.

22. the shelts

the shelts Member+

Jun 30, 2005
    Providence RI
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Does anyone actually know how many teams have come and gone since MISL (version 1) got going?

Actually, has there been a team that has actually come back from a hiatus? I think IIRC that Houston Hotshots of WISL played a year, then had a hiatus, then played another year, then took another hiatus and vanished off the face of the earth. If it wasn't Houston it could be another WISL team. But has any team really come back after a hiatus? I don't think you can count Monterrey. Two different owners and teams.

23. Redknapp11

Redknapp11 New Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    The Arizona Sandsharks took a year off, more or less. When Colangelo sold the club, the new owners claimed they didn't have enough time to get things moving so they said they would come back next season,97, and did... although they folded the club after that season.

24. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    livesoccernews..where are you?..it is after 12:00??????

25. livesoccernews

Oct 21, 2008
    on earth
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The 48HR News you heard it here first. A few contract deals are in the final wrap up stage.

The Baltimore Blast and the Philadelphia Kicks have made a offer to Brazilian Hewerton Moreira. Will the Blast be out bid by the kicks? Will they let another great player slide by ? We will see. Hewerton is now a free agent since Orlando will remain inactive this season, Will the Brazilian Sensation Ricarding follow in Heverton's foot step or will he be a big Boy and take an offer that he received from Detroit? These are two great player and play makers lets see what decision they will make. Lets see if the Blatimore Blast will dig a little deeper in their wallet and sign Hewerton or will it be the Kicks ?

In Other major news Chile Farias has been offered a deal with LA RA ZA it is a 95% chance that he will accept that offer. Please stay tune in 48hrs I will make more annoucements on more major news.