News: Orlando Sharks Pull Out for the 2009 season

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by livesoccernews, Oct 21, 2008.

1. the shelts

the shelts Member+

Jun 30, 2005
    Providence RI
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC

This is actually what you said. Your two buddies also changed their story. At first they both said "both said they haven't heard of anything remotely close to this rumour and business is going on as usual" then they apparantly said that the Sharks were close to "changing arenas" something that has been out there since the mid point of the MISL season.

You are right though. I think this is a way for Sham to simply stop the bleeding.

2. livesoccernews

livesoccernews New Member

Oct 21, 2008
    on earth
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Ok sports fans I am back hope everyone had a great night.

3. livesoccernews

Oct 21, 2008
    on earth
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Red I accept your humble appology but the only thing I am saying is that you need to first stop with the negativity and learn to listen, you do not know me and I do not know you,but I can assure you that you nor any of your friends will treat me the way you guys ripped thru the soul of a guy I know who was on here called PMJnewcastle I saw that guy try to bring you guys good information and you guys tried to distroy him that was not right. I want to tell him if he is still out there he is welcome in my blogs. We need to keep it civil and learn how to respect one another not bash someone down because they recieve wrong info or so, see it my case I stated it several time I will only bring the Fans the truth and I will not post rumors nor comment on them, so with all that said lets have a great discussion and a good day. Again in 24hrs now I will have more major news for all you great soccer fans.

4. Kevin Crow

Kevin Crow New Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Thank you livesoccernews for validating posters such as pmj newcastle who in the past has used your inside connections to post here. As you know our network is filled with accurate sources from: media members to players, to front office staff, and we do bring the news here first. Continued success and please keep posting.

5. livesoccernews

Oct 21, 2008
    on earth
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    NSL 2004 in reference to Ed and Kevin throwing a Party I can not confirm that and I can only advise you in this case to contact them via email and see if they will answer that question, but great question. Thanks.

6. Dave K

Dave K Member

Jan 9, 2000
    Gloucester, NJ
    See, this is the problem with the current "moderators". This is 100% a yellow card offense. Balthrop/ranul, he is allowed to post with reckless abandon by calling out people, he should face the same consequences as everybody else.

If curryman and zinsy got cards, redknapp should also be hit with a yellow for trolling.

7. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    This is what pmjnewcastle said:

This proved to be totally false. They might have told some players the MISL won't be back and maybe they told Neto his deal was over, but the tone of this post to me implies he told everyone their services are no longer needed and the team is done.

8. livesoccernews

Oct 21, 2008
    on earth
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Dave K I agree that should be a Yellow card however I have not gave any of the mentioned parties any kind of card.

9. livesoccernews

Oct 21, 2008
    on earth
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    NSL PMJ reported correctly all players who had a apartment occupied was told that they needed to vacate, the team was not sure it was playing this season due to arena issues also luckly they worked it out for 1 more year. In fact Neto was not the only one who was asked to vacate Lucio Gonzaga who now is a Nj player was told also along with Keeper SG so PMJ was telling the trust now if the team makes changes in the middle of their decision its not PMJ"S fault, he was just trying to keep everyone informed with what was going on, but what I have realized in the past few days is that everyone else can take bad news but when a few Blast fans get a little taste of Bad News they freak out and start bashing the person who tried to inform them. PMJ is not against the Blast he is a Season Ticket holder for crying out loud. A few of you tried to do the same with me when I advised on Orlando pulling out, but I post the facts and that is that all of you should be very lucky that you have a person that gets the facts and reports them before it happens. Thanks.

10. Kevin Crow

Kevin Crow New Member

Oct 24, 2008
    YES THE TRUTH IS HARD TO TAKE SOMETIMES LIVE SOCCER BUT YOU AND PMJ HAVE BEEN SPOT ON. IN THE WORDS OF JACK NICHOLSON "THEY CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH"

11. Dave K

Dave K Member

Jan 9, 2000
    Gloucester, NJ

PMJ is also a member of the media and works for WNST and has a blog on their site. This is why he has "insider information". He calls Kevin Healey and asks, "what's new Mr. Healey".

12. Redknapp11

Redknapp11 New Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia

Hold on... I said I would admit if I was wrong and I did. I was indeed dead wrong, however don't make me out to be someone I'm not. Aside from that one post, I've never pointed any finger at any poster, so relax with the accusations. When it comes to being a moderator on this board, I'm about as fair as it gets, my record speaks for it'self.

13. livesoccernews

Oct 21, 2008
    on earth
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Red relax you are fine and fair indeed.

14. Dave K

Dave K Member

Jan 9, 2000
    Gloucester, NJ
    Yes, you do seem to be fair Redknapp. One question I do have is that can we please get clarification on the yellow cards issued to Curryman and zinsy, because I don't want to receive a yellow card so I want to know what to avoid. Thanks.

15. Redknapp11

Redknapp11 New Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    As I stated in now two other posts... I was wrong... I did not however try and change my story. The only one's who changed their stories were my two friends with the Sharks. They were told to keep things underwraps untill the front office announced their news, if I new that, I wouldn't of said what I did.

Do I still put stock in their words ? .. a little. I tend to think that this club will not be back next season. Shamtastic is in a bad way financially and I can't see him getting so far into the black that he would want to go forth with this club again. It would be nice to see indoor stay within Florida but at least when it comes to current management, I don't see it as being a positive move.

16. Dave K

Dave K Member

Jan 9, 2000
    Gloucester, NJ
    Orlando will not be coming back, no matter what they say. They are just another franchise added to the list of teams on "hiatus". Sorry to say it, but Harrisburg has company once again.

17. livesoccernews

Oct 21, 2008
    on earth
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Orlando's come back is yet to be seen they have 1yr to get it together. We can only wait and see.

18. Cohnny

Cohnny New Member

Oct 22, 2008
    This attitude is exactly what is wrong with soccer in the US. We already have enough negativity from the outside (non soccer people), we don't need it from the fans of the game.

At least Orlando is saying "we're playing in 09" and not "we're putting everything on hold indefinitely," which is usually how organizations phrase it.

I know some of you guys have issues with management in Orlando but the market there is ripe with soccer fans and players.

Have faith in the people that are trying to make our sport better.

19. Dave K

Dave K Member

Jan 9, 2000
    Gloucester, NJ
    They will be back along with St. Louis, Cleveland, Wichita, Dallas, Harrisburg, Buffalo, and Tampa Bay. Everyone please mark your calendars.

20. livesoccernews

Oct 21, 2008
    on earth
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Cohnny well said indeed.

21. Dave K

Dave K Member

Jan 9, 2000
    Gloucester, NJ

Sham Raj Kalra is a comedy machine. You people will believe anything. If you want the history of Florida soccer, look at the Florida Thundercats.

22. livesoccernews

Oct 21, 2008
    on earth
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Dave K it does not matter the history of Florida Thundercats the Orlando Sharks are not the Thundercats their you go again pre judging the Sharks and their intentions and on top of that insulting people, you really need to chill out.

23. Cohnny

Cohnny New Member

Oct 22, 2008
    I edited your comment to make it much more accurate.

Believe it or not, depending on the success of the NISL, during the season, there is interest in resurrecting one or more teams and possibly in these two markets.

I can't remember which, but there was a team lining up for re-entry into the MISL this season. When the league dissolved, the team stepped back. They will be keeping a close eye on how the season goes and deciding from there.

For the record, I am not saying that St Louis and Dallas are coming back, but there are rumblings that with the new format of the NISL they are keen on entertaining the idea.

24. Dave K

Dave K Member

Jan 9, 2000
    Gloucester, NJ
    You do realize we have been hearing these same "rumblings" every year since they folded, don't you?