News: Orlando Sharks Pull Out for the 2009 season

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by livesoccernews, Oct 21, 2008.

1. zinsy!!!

zinsy!!! Member

Jun 4, 2008
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

yes, the kids in the play area at "The Game" broke all the crayons...so the logo contest was put off til one of the players drove to the nearest Wal-Mart to buy some new ones..

2. Steamer

Steamer New Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Zinsy, they do have a nice play area. :D

I'll go ahead & break the story for that other person. The remaining 4 teams in the NISL are joining the XSL.

It's just a guess, but if I'm right, you will all love me & think I'm as cool as Dave K.:eek:
    If I'm wrong, you'll forget how wrong I was by next week.

3. zinsy!!!

zinsy!!! Member

Jun 4, 2008
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. GameraRPZ

GameraRPZ Member

Jul 24, 2006
    "Bradley said the Sharks still plan to be active in the community and no staff will be cut, but the decision not to play came about because of what Bradley called "a perfect storm of bad timing.'' The move from the Major Indoor Soccer League to the NISL left the Sharks little time to work out suitable scheduling dates with Amway Arena, and along with economic factors, that contributed to the decision, Bradley said.

Yeah right, like he didn't know what he was up against when they first started the NISL thing. OK people, what happens now? It's getting late.........................

5. livesoccernews

livesoccernews New Member

Oct 21, 2008
    on earth
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yes I agree I broke the story and no one believe it well there you have it, as I said before learn to listen and not judge all the time. I will only bring all of you the truth.

6. livesoccernews

Oct 21, 2008
    on earth
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Now what you all been waiting for the Live local late breaking news which can not wait for 24hrs here it is. You heard it from me first and it will be annouced in a few days but Rockford IL landed another BIG name player, the Baltimore Blast had the opportunity but did not act on it so Rocklford Rampage did they signed no other then the Amazing Player:
    Jamal Beasley there you have it. Rockford Rampage also sign another great player Goal Keeper former Blast #25 Sanaldo Freitas. The Rockford Rampage will make an official in the days to come. In the next 48hrs I will have another huge annoucement please stay tune. :eek:;)
    Live Local Latebreaking I love it.

7. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why didn't the Sharks just play their games at the UCF Arena. There is more room in that schedule. Did you guys already cover this?

Its a Sham I tell you.

8. livesoccernews

Oct 21, 2008
    on earth
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I want to thank all of the critics who trashed talked and said that my information was garabage well guess being right and breaking Major news is garabage huh. I can say that I am not sure why they did not try to play else were but I do know that a team in Mass wanted to take orlando's spot in the league but only if Orlando gave them half of their signed players, I guess orlando said no. The team from Mass has plans to join the league next season. You heard it here first.

9. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder what the Vegas odds on the Sharks returning next year are?

10. GameraRPZ

GameraRPZ Member

Jul 24, 2006
    See, they should have thrown in the ceramic Mickey.

11. livesoccernews

Oct 21, 2008
    on earth
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The sharks returning next year that is yet to be seen, just like Cali cougars said they were returning then backed out into a cheaper league.
    I feel that all teams should have just went into the XSL but one of the teams owners who I will not mention because he has a big big bank did not like that idea so because of hard heads who act like little kids when you take a candy from them cry about every little thing this is the result. Now lets hope that MX team will not pull out because if they do then for sure the 3 teams that will remain will have no choice but to join XSL or PASL.

12. livesoccernews

Oct 21, 2008
    on earth
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    gamera they will learn one day to respect and not treat other like they are always lying just because they cant get their own facts straight I will always say it I will only provide all of you fans indoor or outdoor only the facts and the truths I do not relay or act on rumors only the facts, I like the guy earlier who said that his 2 friends worked with the sharks and told him everything was fine I quoted to him they must not really trust you if they told you that. Rockford is doing an amazing job signing great players and as I said the Blast had the opportunity for a fact I know this but they let it slip away, so dont blame the players they are doing what is best for them and their families.

13. josh242

josh242 Member

May 30, 2008
    Denver
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Would this be the Massachusetts Twisters, from the AISL???

14. Kevin McMillan

Oct 17, 2006
    Edmonton
    I'd say roughly equivalent to that of the Toronto Thunerhawks returning next year...

15. livesoccernews

Oct 21, 2008
    on earth
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Josh242 yes that is the team I am talking about, They told Orlando that they would take their place in the league for this year if they gave them half of their players orlando said thanks but no thanks. So Mass said they will be joining the league next year now of course if we dont have NISL it will be what ever one we have. Nice work Josh.

16. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. CFL-fan

CFL-fan Member

May 1, 2006
    Maryland
    Well Paul Lapointe was in B-more today so I guess the Mass team is the Twisters?

Sorry about this I wrote it before reading all of the new posts.

18. livesoccernews

Oct 21, 2008
    on earth
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    This is a Sad day for the Orlando Fans and to all party involed, lets see when the Blast will update their site with a new home opener team. Could it be Rockford? that would be a good one against Beasley and keeper Sanaldo the 2 players the Blast could have added to their roster but let slip away. It will be interested to see who it will be and now you have to wonder will there be more or less home games with less teams in the league? We will see.

19. livesoccernews

Oct 21, 2008
    on earth
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    CfL-fan its ok and yes you are also right it is the twister now they are not concrete but they have said that they will join next season and just for the fact that they wanted to take Orlando's spot that shows they are serious about joining.

20. livesoccernews

Oct 21, 2008
    on earth
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well my fellow posters I will post and answer poster tomorrow again please stay tune for major news in 48HRs

21. opal347

opal347 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 18, 2005
    Clinton Twp, MI
    Club:
    Michigan Bucks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Considering the way Rockford already reworked their schedule, the number of games won't change. Also, considering the fact that the Rampage were scheduled to play in Philly both before AND after the Orlando backout, there can only be one team left, and that's La Raza. The way it looks, all teams will keep their current home schedule, more or less. The dates won't change, but a few visiting teams might switch. (again, I'm just using Rockford's changes as the base for my argument, I claim to know nothing)

22. Kevin McMillan

Oct 17, 2006
    Edmonton
    48? This afternoon it was just 24 hours away... by tomorrow morning will it be 72 hours?!?!

:p

23. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    Is it true that Ed Hale and Kevin Healey threw a party now that they have one less team in the way of another championship?

24. Redknapp11

Redknapp11 New Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Kudos to you ! I said I'd admit if I was wrong and I have.

As to my two buddies, they told me that the higher up's were looking into playing in another arena.... that was not true. Also, the Sharks will not be back in 2009. Super Sham is in a bad financial state of affairs.