Orlando City SC attendance prediction

Discussion in 'Orlando City SC' started by vettefredje redded, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Papadop

Papadop Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Metro Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Besides the Magic (Playoffs / Game 1) from Indiana, there was also a Minature Football game going on at the Amway Center. Yet OCSC still drew almost 8,000 fans (or as it's called in the Bay Area - 6K Plus)

Not bad at all.

2. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course when you are winning since day 1 and winning championship you will draw good crowds, look at Minnesota...BTW if ORL doesn't come to NASL next year...either you are the next Rochester or i don't know but if I was a ORL fan I would like to see my team have a greater challenge than former PDL teams.

3. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You do know what the deal was with Minnesota, right?

4. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    what they played in silverdome....

5. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, they went to Pontiac, Michigan and played in the Silverdome.

7. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's funny because the Tampa mayor wants the Rays to move to Tampa, all I have to say to him is sellout Bucs games before making propositions.

8. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sure he'd love to hear from you. Any leader of a big city could certainly use your sage advice.

9. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jealous?

10. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't ********ing write that. and the way things are going with your city council the Rochester analogy is right on.

jealous of what, that your team gives away tickets. join NASL if you want to play with the big boys.:D

11. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, you're the one coming in here to troll, as usual. You should know by now what to expect.

In fact, you're making my point. What "big boys" does NASL have that the USL doesn't? We'd wipe the AstroTurf with the Scorpions. I'd imagine you'd fare no better, but since Nestor refuses, we may never know for sure. NASL needs Orlando City far more than Orlando City needs NASL.

12. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know because ORL was formed because of the hype..MLS hype:rolleyes:

and from what I'm seeing it looks more like a team in St. Louis..so where are the stadium plans??? how long has this franchise been around??? hell San Antonio has stadium plans.

So it seems like ORL will come begging to NASL, once the smoke screen clears.

13. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whatever. Go back to stealing flags and baiting fans.

14. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Normally, I would at this stage just yellow card WWS for trolling, but there are some semi-useful ideas (well not about Orlando, NASL or Silverdome) but about attendance.

WWS stay on topic or the next one will be banning from posting. And no more trolling.

15. O-twn Beat-dwn

Jun 20, 2011
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Half of the posters that reply on here are Tampa fans lol

16. Papadop

Papadop Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Metro Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True. It's O.K. Prime. I, for one, have no problem with Rowdies fans commenting on Orlando threads. I'm sure our respective teams will play each other one day and there already seems to be a good rivaly brewing.

Like ancient Rome, they'll forget all about Carthage and cringe at the sound of Barbarians from the north, marching down the Appian Way.

17. Dammit!

Dammit! Member

Apr 14, 2004
    Mickey Mouse Land
  18. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nope. I'm not a cameraman. I was at the Rowdies game last night. I'm just a huge soccer fan and want to share the Orlando City photos with your fans.

19. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just went over to ArenaFan. The Predators had a game Saturday night, too, so I wanted to see how they did. They were still in their game when I got downtown for our postgame party.

The Predators drew 12,385. It's on-par with what they've done in recent years, even with the off-year in 2009.

Not bad at all, to have nearly 8k on a Preds night. This Saturday night will be tricky even though it's Cinco de Mayo, but the Magic's Game 4 is at 2pm, so hopefully we can get some carryover.

Maybe even some jubilant carryover if it's a series sweep. :p lol :rolleyes:

20. I-Got-The-BLUES

May 1, 2006
    Orlando, Florida.
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    The club has being a good job of trying to get people out for The Pittsburgh match. They have a really good groupon package deal that just took place, 2 matches for 29 + a gift bag. And as I type this, theres some reps out here handing our flyers at the pub im at now as I ready myself for this Manchester derby.

21. Dammit!

Dammit! Member

Apr 14, 2004
    Mickey Mouse Land
    Thats the way to do it!

But one big screw-up for me: how can they not have children's ticket prices?? My friends would go every time but ... $40 for a 4 and 5 yr old that don't care about the game? They say no thanks and ocsc misses out on a target customer. Can anyone explain this???

22. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As you go higher up, "children's prices" become the exception rather than the rule. But we did have plenty of youth specials for season tickets over the offseason.

23. Dammit!

Dammit! Member

Apr 14, 2004
    Mickey Mouse Land
    Well, I understand " a seat is a seat" but it's a little different when youre trying to build an organization in a new market and you are Putting 8k in a 65k arena. I see it as a big error for the long term.

And where do the Tampa fans get this idea that all the Orlando fans are fans just because they've been sold on MLS? That wasn't even out there until midway through last season .. Sorry, need to come up with another excuse friends.

24. Bluesfan

Bluesfan Member+

DC United
    Aug 12, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    99 percent of Tampa fans don't care or are not even aware that there is a team in Orlando. 9/10% of our fans think it is great that OC is figuring out how to market minor league soccer. One....maybe two individuals insist on this idiotic notion that by attacking OC it some how makes Tampa better.

25. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, that's not true. Last February they talked about meeting with MLS officials and having "a roadmap for MLS status." The Business Journal wrote about it in March of last year.

That said, I still think the idea that that's the only reason people are turning out for OCSC is silly.