Orlando City roster thread

Discussion in 'Orlando City SC' started by SoccerPrime, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fsufiji

fsufiji Member

Apr 6, 2010
    Auburndale FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dom Drew the PK that Jamie put in. During the regular season don't you get an assist for that? Looking forward to Thursday night at Rollins. Pre-game meeting at Fiddler's Green (1800)

2. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. fsufiji

fsufiji Member

Apr 6, 2010
    Auburndale FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry, but is that Frank Song'o from Portland?

5. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, it's Yann Songo'o.

6. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh the brother that SKC signed, gotcha. Thanks.

7. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ya know, Franck isn't signed anywhere. Perhaps...

8. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Orlando crushed Tampa, 6-0. Dom Dwyer had a golden sombrero this time.

9. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dyer is going to give Heath selection heartburn. Or joy :)

11. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So why did Bernard retire?

12. I-Got-The-BLUES

May 1, 2006
    Orlando, Florida.
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    Not 100% sure, but my best guess would be because of how injury plagued he's become

13. WorldGame

WorldGame Member

Aug 28, 2002
    Orlando
  14. jaykoz3

jaykoz3 Member+

Dec 25, 2010
    Conshohocken, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. Hax

Hax BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 1, 2000
    I'm kinda disappointed, although it was just a matter of time. As a fan of the USL, I'd like to see the teams be as strong as possible, and Orlando certainly set the bar high for everyone else. I've been frustrated at times when the Union's interests hurt the City Islanders, but that's the new reality of affiliations. It was great seeing Dwyer while he was with Orlando, hopefully they maintain success because their fans certainly deserve it. Good luck, Dom, make USL proud!

16. jaykoz3

jaykoz3 Member+

Dec 25, 2010
    Conshohocken, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with you. I understand where the Union is coming from, but if I was an HCI fan I'd be upset too. Especially when they are asked to tryout a forward at CB in a league match!

This is a very good point though. More so if MLS teams (especially the Western Teams) start up their own USL Pro club. You could definitely see a lot more of this sort of thing. There are pros and cons to the partnership.

Not to mention, what if Dwyer doesn't get regular playing time at SKC? How does that help his development? Although this could also be a pre-cursor to forth coming roster moves for SKC too (Kei Kamara transfer?)

Hax repped this.
  17. Hax

Hax BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 1, 2000
    So true. The affiliation offers pros and cons. For Harrisburg, the pros include having guys like Hernandez, McLaughlin, Jordan, Anding, and others on the roster. Plus I love having the Union badge on the HCI kit! The cons are that player development can trump success on the pitch. The Wheeler experiment is a good example, another is the Union-Reading friendly that was played the night before a HCI league match that prevented Harrisburg from fielding their typical Union loan players (they lost both matches in question, btw). I think we'll see lots of growing pains as these affiliations and loans are sorted out. I think it can be a great situation for all parties, but it will take time to get things structured properly. As for Orlando, I wonder who they'll get in return. It should be interesting to see if Dwyer can translate his success to the MLS, and I agree, it'd be odd to recall him and then not play him.

18. WorldGame

WorldGame Member

Aug 28, 2002
    Orlando
    Glad for Dwyer, hope he blows up for Sporks. Glad for Sporks, too, they'll love him.

But damndamndamn, this transaction couldn't have been next Monday or something, at least so we could: a) have a few days after last night's unpleasantness in Chicago, and b) have the whole gang together one last time against Richmond, especially since they're on a strong run lately?!?!?!

6-27-13 - d.e..jpg

19. breaknack

breaknack Member

Jun 26, 2013
    Winter Park, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. Dammit!

Dammit! Member

Apr 14, 2004
    Mickey Mouse Land
    Rena looked solid tonight. Otherwise team looked all out of shape with all the roster changes...

WorldGame repped this.
  21. breaknack

breaknack Member

Jun 26, 2013
    Winter Park, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Worst

Week

Ever

WorldGame repped this.
  22. WorldGame

WorldGame Member

Aug 28, 2002
    Orlando
    Wow, that went from unpleasant to hard to watch rather quickly. And we had Molino and Watson, too. As near as I could tell, the two main positives to come out of the evening were the turnout, which was announced at about 8,800, and my 7-year-old's observation that Watson has a new haircut, which she thought "...looks like a good one."

Other than that...

:rolleyes:

breaknack repped this.
  23. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apparently, MLS loans giveth and taketh away.

24. WorldGame

WorldGame Member

Aug 28, 2002
    Orlando
    Kidding aside, we looked gassed again, very quickly. Heath said as much in his post-match comments. Our passing was hideous, spraying balls all over the place (again), just not sound or crisp at all. It looked like Watson, O'Connor, and a few others spent most of the night yelling at each other for missing runs and passes and in lots of cases not even starting runs to link up with in the first place. Our best chance was a very nice combo where Watson had a point-blank header that just barely popped over the bar. Watson hit the net hard enough to jerk the entire goal out of position about a foot. For a moment I thought he'd hurt himself.

I hate to say it but it needs to be mentioned: Chin was horrible tonight. Either he isn't suited to starting, or this game showed how much he---and the entire squad---have depended on and fed off Dwyer's production. Add in the fatigue from the mid-week event in Chicago and this evening was rather less than delightful.

By the middle of the first half I gave up trying to follow what our formation was. On the first goal early in the second half, our formation was so goofed up that it was O'Connor who was last man back and was rather easily run past by the Richmond-ite. I lost count how many times Luke Boden wound up being the spark on attack, trying to shove through the top left corner to either try to send in a cross or cut back in and link up with Watson or Molino.

Richmond's keeper played very well, too.

Plus there was this rotten cherry to top the crap sundae: "Saturday night’s loss ended Orlando’s regular season home-unbeaten streak of 25 games, which was a league record. The club’s last loss at home occurred in June of 2011 to Antigua Barracuda." (http://www.orlandocitysoccer.com/news/?article_id=1451)

My aforementioned 7-year-old/sage-for-the-evening said as the game ended, "Wait, we just lost? Well that's weird."

Quite. And Heath and the squad better get this tidied up quick: for a squad that's tired and has played worn out lately, they'd better get right fast, since they have three games in eight days starting next Wednesday away to Wilmington, then away to Charleston next Friday, and then home for Charleston on Thursday July 11th.

breaknack repped this.