Opinion on US Soccer from a swedish paper

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Coog, Jun 12, 2012.

1. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Japan also has the same ideal about college as us. It does not seem to hamper them like it does us. Do they allow college players to play play pro ball? I think they do. Maybe that is one of the keys too their success.

2. voros

voros Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Parts Unknown
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Care to rephrase?

3. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Balotelli would be an asset in any team of the world. Besides his great qualities as a striker, his ego is so massive, it attracts the marking of at least three defenders, just by sheer force of gravity.

4. Nevadatude

Nevadatude Member

Apr 14, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nope. Balotelli may be talented, but his character would be a huge detriment. No thank you.

5. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    Agree. The world's most overrated striker.

6. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    Superior investment. Average revenue per J League team was $28 mil a couple of years ago. Looks like they've poured quite a bit into bringing over accomplished coaches whereas MLS tends to put more emphasis on the DPs.

7. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    All things considered, Balo is just a kid. 14 caps and 4 goals for Italy so far. Only 21. We don't know yet what he can do.

8. LuckofLichaj

LuckofLichaj Member+

Mar 9, 2012
    He isn't even the most overrated striker on his own club side.

9. RiceBubble

RiceBubble Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If he were more disciplined, I think he'd could really be something. Can't believe he's already on his way to becoming a father. I hope he changes for the sake of that poor child.

10. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    The hype machine around the guy dwarfs that around the others.

11. Skippysasquirrel

May 11, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I haven't seen as much hype as I've seen straight reporting of his off-field (actually, on-field as well) antics.

He's a real piece of work, and I would argue a detriment. He has some serious growing up to do.

12. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Well, when I was 21 I wasn't exactly the most mature guy ever.

Actually, having the responsibility of raising a child drives many people (men and women) to grow up and become more centered. Hope that's the case with Super Mario.

CTS26 repped this.
  13. RiceBubble

RiceBubble Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hopefully, that's exactly what we'll see in five months.

14. CTS26

CTS26 Member

LAFC
    United States
    May 26, 2008
    Kannapolis
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I completely agree the bolded part you said, but to tell you truth not everyone matures even if they are a parent; for example: My girlfriend's sister(before and after see got married) acted very childish and immature I mean she acted like a 5 year old(if you can believe that) always cried when she didn't get her way or when someone got on her case and told her to grow up, always cried to get her way and to get people back off of her the sad part about this was she was only 20 years old at the time. She's now 24 and hasn't changed even after becoming a mother she still acts the same way and refuses to mature.

I guess what I'm trying to say here is not everyone will mature even when they become parents for the first time, I wish that was the case but some people just might not ever want to mature and Balotelli just might be one of those people. Just saying

15. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This has wandered way off topic but folks have found something they want to talk about in it, so I'm moving it to USA Men.