One Player Per Nation Draft - Registrations

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by Sammer's Hammer, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Sammer's Hammer

Feb 21, 2013
    Babaorum,

Use the "@" symbol and start typing the name. Then select whom you want to tag from the drop down menu.

@Michaelf7777777 , Your turn, mate.

babaorum repped this.
  2. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    @Michaelf7777777 is up (you might have forgot the 'f' - just put an @ in front of their name ;) )

If @babaorum or @Excape Goat won't be around today, feel free to send me a proxy or two.

EDIT: Beaten to it by Sammer's trademark German efficiency.

babaorum repped this.
  3. Michaelf7777777

Apr 20, 2012
    Wellington
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    New Zealand
  4. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I will be around for another 8 hours before my bed time.

5. Bestie

Bestie Member

Feb 21, 2013
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Few clever picks in the first round due to the nation restriction.

I wasn't planning on Messi as I didn't think he would fall till the 12th position in the order but glad to get him. The likes of Puskas, Di Stefano, Best, etc could prove to be great picks as their nation pool isn't as big as others.

6. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Well Di Stefano would fall under Argentina being born in Buenos Aires, but still a solid pick for obvious reasons.

7. babaorum

babaorum Member+

Aug 20, 2005
    Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  8. babaorum

babaorum Member+

Aug 20, 2005
    Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    @billyireland I'm surprised you didn't pick Jean-Paul Abalo :D.
    Seriously you stole me Platini. I never picked him in previous drafts and I was planning on him this time. But I'm quite glad to have Zico instead. I thought he would have gone a bit earlier.

La-Máquina repped this.
  9. La-Máquina

La-Máquina BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 5, 2013
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Before Bestie's pick, my shortlist was Messi-Ronaldo-Zico-Platini. The technical level of all four players is outrageous.

But I decided to draft my #9 goalscorer first, so I chose O Fenômeno. My #10 will have to wait...

10. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  11. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    #86 billyireland, Dec 3, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
    I feel like I've been holding my breath for 12 hours! Probably had to be the most obvious, telegraphed pick of the draft. :D

Massively relieved to get Keane - I PM'ed babaorum to tell him he had jinxed it mentioning that I stole Platini off him, I've got a penchant of just barely missing out on the players I really want in these drafts (don't think I've ever got anyone in the last round of a sheep draft, either). Paranoia was sinking in... now onwards to get Abalo in my backline. ;)

@La-Máquina you're up. :)

RoyOfTheRovers, Excape Goat and babaorum repped this.
  12. La-Máquina

La-Máquina BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 5, 2013
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  13. Bestie

Bestie Member

Feb 21, 2013
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Damn, I really wanted Ronaldo!

14. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Are you picking players with the same name since you can't have them from the same country?;)

I'm here and ready to pick after Bestie but I am now all over the place with many options, some I didn't think I would still have at this stage. I'll probably make my mind up quickly on impulse after Bestie picks though!

I'm gonna PM Peru just in case he reads his email before he logs on here again. If we get to him again, I'd suggest we could let him have 3 picks but not if cr7torossi and schwuppe weren't ok with it (and obviously it's up to Mr Hammer and general consensus). If he just gets 2 then maybe if he's not gonna be logged on shortly afterwards again he should send proxies? I could take them but should probably PM comme, Puck or someone a long list of preferred players in order first so that they could show if I picked someone on Peru's list that I was going to do so anyway. Maybe someone not in the draft could even take Peru's proxies, but I won't be logged off for longer than 12 hours over the next day or so and would be probably checking quite often on the threads tbh.

15. Bestie

Bestie Member

Feb 21, 2013
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Just give me a few minutes.

La-Máquina repped this.
  16. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    No problem - time for me to change my mind about 10 times probably:laugh:

Let me know if you're going to take an hour or so though and I'll log off for a bit if you like.

17. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Well, I can't pick a Dutchman so plans not disrupted - my shortlist came down to 2 and I think I know which one but I'll give myself 30 seconds watching this before posting:

RoyOfTheRovers repped this.
  18. Bestie

Bestie Member

Feb 21, 2013
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Sorry for taking time, guys. Just reached home.

19. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    No problem.

@korfan - your turn now.

20. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    At one stage Moore wasn't really on my list for this round, and I thought he'd be gone before I'd take him or I might even draft another English player first. Zico did get drafted after I drew up my list, but mainly I just had a change of mind and thought that a defensive player could be valuable in this draft and was just won over by the thought of him in the team...and because I saw this again:

I seem to think I just caught the end of the programme at the time when they discussed him in the studio and played some other good clips - or I am just thinking of some other clips of him taking the ball and bringing it past opposition players before starting a move for West Ham or England, that were on TV at other times.

RoyOfTheRovers repped this.
  21. Bestie

Bestie Member

Feb 21, 2013
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Haha, I was THIS close to taking Moore, in fact I was pretty sure on it. Changed to Rijkaard in the last minute.

Great pick!

PDG1978 repped this.
  22. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Really...., phew.

Weird that you changed from him and I changed to him lol. I had a different option that I would have taken instead if you'd drafted him though, unless Peru had suddenly logged on lol (and different nationality/different position).

23. Bestie

Bestie Member

Feb 21, 2013
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yeah I was a bit undecided for this pick. I had 4-5 names all of whom would be great in their own way but found it tough to pick one. Decided on Moore as England looks a bit thin compared to other nations. I changed to Rijkaard mainly as partnering him in midfield is quite easy and he can be paired with a host of players and styles and work, and like Moore one of the best in his position.

24. Breitner'sWig

Breitner'sWig Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm struggling to guess what time zones people are in. Korfan is a Bayer Leverkusen fan who mainly follows Korean football and has a Korean football blog on a Canadian website. So no idea when people's picks will come in!

La-Máquina repped this.
  25. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    Who is next?

Just checking whether there is any possibility of a run in the next hour or so.