One Player Per Nation Draft - Registrations

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by Sammer's Hammer, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Sammer's Hammer

Feb 21, 2013
    Picked Puskás.

Can someone please tag El Mata because I am unable to. Cheers.

2. Bestie

Bestie Member

Feb 21, 2013
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  3. Bestie

Bestie Member

Feb 21, 2013
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  4. Sammer's Hammer

Feb 21, 2013
    Cheers Bestie.

Good pick by El Mata. Was considering between Puskas, Di Stefano and a couple of others.

5. Sammer's Hammer

Feb 21, 2013
    Damn.

Was hoping I would get Eusebio next round. :D

And, I had a tough time deciding between Puskas, Best and another player. Ultimately went with Puskas.

6. Breitner'sWig

Breitner'sWig Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm now biased again but I'd be shocked if he went about another 25 picks.

Just have to hope for a series of blunders when it comes back round.

7. Twenty26Six

Twenty26Six Feeling Sheepish...

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was Best or Eusebio for me. Doubt he would have lasted 30 Picks.

Good players are going to go early. The "nations" rule won't be a big factor until later on in the draft.

8. Twenty26Six

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think this will be a tough draft to plan ahead for.

billyireland repped this.
  9. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Yep, I liked your move with Best - was thinking if he made it down to me I might have gone for him as there are only really two others I can think of off-handedly who are draft worthy from Northern Ireland, both as later-round guys.

Six picks until it comes to me, and even in round one I'm feeling nervy. Really would have liekd to get a top-five pick, though I feel being the first/second or first/second last in this draft could prove quite a handy advantage for those that have it as well.

Twenty26Six repped this.
  10. Twenty26Six

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Double picks would come in handy, but you'd still be at the mercy of a run on specific countries in between. This should be fun.

11. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    That is true, but I've been on the very end of a draft before and tended to love the freedom compared to being in the middle - it also tends to make it a lot easier to not get caught in a run. There's a strong chance that Michael7777777 gets the chance to run at two legit ATGs when it comes around to him, and knows where he stands for example - though he likely will have to burn two very deep nations to do so. I hate that wait between picks when you are 2-3 from either end as I tend to plan in twos still in that case, but am at the sheer mercy of praying player X makes it back to me, having already gone for player Y (especially later on if it telegraphs what I have planned).

There are 3-4 guys I am quite happy to see are still there, but two come from the two deepest nations and another two come from nations that I can be the last to pick from and still wind up with fantastic players in a certain area of the pitch (e.g. REALLY deep in that area). Ugh...

12. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    My thought process is that this is just like any other all-time snake draft for the first 4 or 5 rounds. It might get trickier later but the first few rounds should just fly through.

13. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    @Bestie is on the clock

@La-Máquina if you need to go offline soon feel free to send me a proxy, I'll be online for a good long while (have tonnes of horrible paperwork to do that'll keep me up half the night!).

14. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    @Bestie your turn mate.

Made a different choice to the last All-Time Draft (though I did consider Van Basten for my first pick then too); not sure if just for a change or whether the rules played a part :confused::).

15. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    If we get to the end of round 1 are we waiting for @Perú FC - maybe for 12 hours again anyway? Or if not would he get two picks together?

Just thought I'd put it out there, although it's good for me not to have to make the decisions this time lol! And no problem if it's a no, and the original rules are strictly applied...I did you enough favours before Peru when you were in the jungle during a Sheep Draft....plus I carried on the All-Time Draft skipping Dor02 although did give him an earlier pick in the next round to make up for it.

16. La-Máquina

La-Máquina BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 5, 2013
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You gents have given me a dilemna... :eek: I hope @Bestie makes it an easier choice for me.

17. Sammer's Hammer

Feb 21, 2013

I'm ok with whatever you lot decide.

18. Bestie

Bestie Member

Feb 21, 2013
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  19. Sammer's Hammer

Feb 21, 2013
    And, he goes. Great pick, Bestie. It was between Puskas, Best and Messi for my pick.

I think I know whom @La-Máquina will pick. :D

20. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Ugh, Messi was the #1 guy I wanted too for the last several picks. Would've even gone for him before Beckenbauer for strategic reasons.

21. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Bit of a coin toss but I'm happy with Platini. @Excape Goat is up.

Regarding Peru, I don't mean to sound bad but I think it is best to carry on and let him catch up when he gets back online.

22. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    @babaorum is next.

I am nit 100% sure whether my pick was a smart one. I don't want to waste a German so early if his name is nit Beckenbauer.

23. korfan

korfan Member

Aug 24, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    First timer, so I'm missing a bit of the strategy here...
    Little help?

24. babaorum

babaorum Member+

Aug 20, 2005
    Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Can someone tag Michael7777777 ?

Stupid question but... how can I tag someone ? I used to do it in the past but I forgot it :confused: .

25. Bestie

Bestie Member

Feb 21, 2013
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Just use the @ symbol and start typing the username and select from the drop down menu.

@Michaelf7777777 your turn!

babaorum repped this.