Once In A Generation/Thousand Years - The Iker "EL CAPITAN" Casillas Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by blanc, May 9, 2011.

1. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've never been able to find that here in the US either in bars or liquor stores. Only place I've ever been able to enjoy the pleasure is in Madrid but in Madrid you can get them anywhere you go.

2. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Iker Casillas admitted that Real Madrid struggled against Dortmund to get through to the Champions League semifinals: "We suffered too much, but you have to be able to in these types of games".

Conclusions:"I think that we deserved to get through. A heads-up every now and again does us no harm. Better it happened in this game and not further down the line."

Zidane05 and MadridFan22304 repped this.
  3. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    I loved his newest quotes telling Xavi directly to grow a pair. It pisses me off that we have to have thick skin, but anything said against those culeshits (even when rightly so) they use it as ammo to "break the unity of Spain".

I detest them.

Eddie, RMSocrates and Akramzizou repped this.
  4. Xehanort

Xehanort Member+

Real Madrid
    Portugal
    Oct 7, 2013
    Mom's basement
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Behold, my new avatar :D

ALL HAIL CASILLAS!!

MadridFan22304 repped this.
  5. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This year's GK kit is pretty awesome.Why don't you use the current kit in AV ?

6. Xehanort

Xehanort Member+

Real Madrid
    Portugal
    Oct 7, 2013
    Mom's basement
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Because I really loved Casillas' pose on this one, looks like he made some impossible save and is trying to make some long through ball to start a fast counterattack :D

7. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Having been one of his most vocal detractors on this board for the past three years I can say this guy has turned the corner. He's making the saves we know he's capable of making and he's shown that he can put his head down and work hard again.

Plus his recent comments defending Pepe and calling out Xavi are so refreshing from the passive "can't we all just get along" stuff that we've seen before.

His performance against Dortmund was massive. Absolutely massive. Loving this guy right now.

8. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah am loving the new Iker. On the pitch he has been excellent and out of it admirable. Its awesome when teammates stick together in public, makes us look united for once :D

9. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's really stepping it up. I have a feeling he's gonna save Spains ass in the WC, and our in the CL/CDR.

10. MadridOzil

MadridOzil Member+

Jun 6, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I hope he does.

No doubt he will be busy in the copa final.

11. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I can't escape the feeling that with Iker in goal we would have still been leaders in the league :( What a massive GK. Absolute legend of a player! Can't wait for next season where he will be restored as the #1.

I love Diego Lopez as well, great GK. Hope he finds himself a top team where he could kick ass again!

12. MadridOzil

MadridOzil Member+

Jun 6, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Why would we be leaders with Iker in goal? The problem all season isn't the goalkeeper position.

Diego Lopez has had mistakes but your telling me over the course of the season Iker wouldn't have any?

As the saying goes your a better player when your not playing, this seems to be the case here.

13. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Maybe, maybe not. That's why it was merely a feeling. I didn't bring it as a fact. But yeah, I believe Iker should be #1. He's the better GK, always has been, always will be. Now that is something that I could see as a fact. Being league leaders with Iker was like I said just a feeling. Anyway, don't have to defend anyone really, love them both.

14. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    Iker is a leader on the pitch, some of you might not like his style...the yelling, screaming and pointing but I think there some credence to the thought the backline and players respond a little better to him than say Lopez. And when they don't his reflexes bail us out. Would our season with him in goal be different? You can't dismiss it but it's water under the bridge at this point and pointless to debate.

RMSocrates and MadridFan22304 repped this.
  15. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Like the season before? Lets not exaggerate, Madrid has bigger problems than who is on goal, Iker or Diego. But its true that the captain recovered some of the shot stopping form that made him so famous. He served his punishment for the entire Mourinho shenanigans, and now that we're in the chase, it could be the right time to come back and give the team a psychological spark.

16. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This is indeed extremely important. I'm not sure if people understand the importance of a voice behind the back four. The back four need someone to organize them from the back, a GK that has that ability is not an extra, it's a necessity. If you have played yourself, you'd understand what I mean.

What I think Diego Lopez does a lot better, is his calmness when receiving the ball and his build-up play. He's one of the better GK in that. Very Dutch-like if you know what I mean.

You know, you're right anyway. Pointless to debate the 'what if' situation. I just think that Iker is without a single doubt the overall better GK.

17. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Its not as simple as who is the more talented keeper. Iker's ceiling is bigger, but if he's not in top form and Diego is, the lines can get blurred a bit. But I don't think Diego is at his absolute best that he was last year, maybe I'm wrong, but thats my impression.

18. MadridFan22304

MadridFan22304 Member+

Apr 26, 2012
    DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have said from the beginning that Iker should be the starter because I think he is the better GK, however, it is unfair to Diego Lopez to say that we would be winning the league with Iker in goal. Lopez has made some errors in big games (most notably the away Barca and away Atletico fixtures), but at the beginning of the season, we were TERRIBLE and he did a great job keeping us afloat. The season is 38 games all weighted equally, and when it gets down to crunch time like this, we tend to forget those points saved in September and October count just as much.

This rotation basura can't persist next year, and Iker needs to be the full time GK in 2014-15, but Diego Lopez certainly played well enough this year.

Excape Goat and Lyra repped this.
  19. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    New Iker? Same old Iker.

Ahmadi8 and 4x4s repped this.
  20. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Some cule friends sent me this video:

They made a big deal about Iker and Diego not saying anything to each other but looking away. But Iker also didn't say anything to the rest of the team, so according to them Iker hates em all.

Dat logic :D.

RMSocrates, MadridFan22304 and Zidane05 repped this.
  21. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  22. MadridFan22304

MadridFan22304 Member+

Apr 26, 2012
    DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He didn't have much to do since they really didn't create much of anything. Had no chance on the goal, and did at least cut down the angle well on the Neymar shot off the post, although Neymar should have buried that.

I thought he had a howler on that Barta distance shot that he got lucky with, but on replay you could see it actually deflected off of Ramos' back and Casillas actually did a nice job to punch it to safety instead of spilling it in front.

sleepyvato50, Zidane05 and YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  23. MadridFan22304

MadridFan22304 Member+

Apr 26, 2012
    DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am sure there was some animosity originally, which is only natural.

But that is long buried. The one thing that Carlo's rotation has done is reduced the tension because they aren't competing with each other.

24. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Hopefully she can hold that CL medallion next...

25. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's a boy :p.