Once In A Generation/Thousand Years - The Iker "EL CAPITAN" Casillas Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by blanc, May 9, 2011.

1. MadridFan22304

MadridFan22304 Member+

Apr 26, 2012
    DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am pretty comfortable in saying that Iker Casillas or Diego Lopez will be the GK next year, and the other won't be here. We have 2 good GKs, why would we sell them both and buy a new one?

2. Carnivale

Carnivale New Member

Oct 18, 2013
    I have. It would be a huge WTF. In all fairness it is probably bullshit. Just the thought of Ancelotti wanting him, makes my skin crawl ( I know I´m being overdramatic ;)).

3. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
  4. MadridFan22304

MadridFan22304 Member+

Apr 26, 2012
    DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. Equites

Equites Member

Nov 21, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Why are we even discussing this... Iker must be our goalie number 1. Lopez is a great keeper! But Iker is that aswell and the other teams fear him. I still dont understand how we can bench such a legend. Its like benching Xavi or Iniesta the whole season at Barca, just doesnt make sense at all.

6. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    He made a bad mistake palming the cross back into danger in front of Reus. That should have been a goal if Pepe hadn't been such a beast. But otherwise good performance.

YOUNGSTARS87, Zidane05, Eddie and 3 others repped this.
  7. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Good performance, over all. The best thing was the save on Mkhitaryan, even though it was an offside.

MadridFan22304 repped this.
  8. MadridFan22304

MadridFan22304 Member+

Apr 26, 2012
    DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good thing for Iker is that we have midweek cup games the next 4 weeks (assuming we don't bottle it at Dortmund) so he can finally get some consistent time. He looked a tad rusty on some balls close to him (not just the aforementioned one, but also in the first half there was a corner where Ronaldo headed where Iker easily could have claimed it).

If we make the CL Finals, we will have to find him some time in league games before playing that.

Zidane05 repped this.
  9. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  10. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Awesome picture @Eddie

11. Laaura

Laaura Member+

Apr 2, 2009
    Manchester
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    [​IMG]

Two of my favourites:inlove:

natenate101, Minduchio and Zidane05 repped this.
  12. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Mahou was founded by Nazi SS officers that run away to escape justice iirc.

13. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    ...and you know where Coca Cola has it's name from.

14. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I know a couple of (Crazy) theories, not sure what you mean though?!

15. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Credit to the captain for defending Pepe and also for excellently handling his situation this year. Also great seeing Saint Iker is still alive and well everytime he gets to play.

16. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Thanks for saving our asses for the millionth time!

MadridFan22304 repped this.
  17. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think he needs to come back. Its just a sum of all factors right now. We need the real captain out there instead of that clown Ramos, his reflexes are crucial in a defence so porous, and Diego Lopez although by no means bad, simply isn't the Diego Lopez of last year. A name like Iker (and with him being on actual form resembling his best) should be able give this team a boost in the final push of the season.

18. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still one helluva shot stopper.

anticule and MadridFan22304 repped this.
  19. MadridOzil

MadridOzil Member+

Jun 6, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not happening.

At the end of the season it should be reviewed and dealt with but discarding Diego Lopez just like that with a few games to go will reflect badly on everyone involved.

I don't see Ancelotti doing it either and to be honest I can't blame him on this one, stick with how it is and reflect at the end of the season.

20. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Iker is going to play in all of the important fixtures that remain this season. We won't need him for the remaining 5 league games so we may as well just persist with the rotation policy until the end of the season and then throw it in the bin. Pick a keeper, Carlo.

21. MadridFan22304

MadridFan22304 Member+

Apr 26, 2012
    DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If we make the UCL final, I expect Iker to play the last game at home against Espanyol.

We have Barca next Wednesday in the Copa, then the 1st and 2nd legs of the Champions League semis the 2 weeks after that, so Iker will have played a game a week for 5 in a row.

But after that, he won't play again for almost a month before the UCL Final. If we make it that far and win the semi, then Iker needs a game or 2 in league before the final.

22. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We already know he will play a game or two in the league should we get to the CL final. The point is changing him for Diego Lopez in the league right now isn't going to have a dramatic impact on our quest to salvage the league. If we were ever considering starting Iker in the league then that decision should have been made before the game in the Vicente Calderon. Just seems like it's too late now.

23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Àfter tonight it would be better to hold our horses and take a look at it match for match.

24. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    Or just stick to the original plan.

25. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Iker for starter, keeper, and Captain. Would be f****** epic if after sitting on the bench for a year he reclaims his starting position the last few games and lifts trophies again and again all spring and summer.