Olimpic de Xativa vs. Real Madrid C.F | Copa Del Rey | 22:00 (Local Time)| Round of 32 | 12/7/13

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Subtractam, Dec 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Couldn't watch the match . What happened?How on Earth couldn't we break down this lower league team defence??

2. plyka

plyka Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ive never really seen anything like it. The first even half chance by my memory was a miss by Isco in the 50-60 min mark. Not only no score but quite honestly zero chances until well into the second half.

I cant even tell you what the problem was. Its almost as if you had strangers on the pitch together getting lost. After the horrid start they brought in three starters, I guess you can say it made a differecne, instead of zero chances they got one or two.

Lyra repped this.
  3. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like it won't be worth it to download this match to watch? Was hoping to hear that Morata and Jese took advantage of the start! but it doesn't sound that way. I may watch just to see Illarra and Casemiro.

4. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I actually think that Casemiro was as meh as the majority of the team. I really didn't like the Isco-Modric substitution. I think Carlo should have pulled Casemiro out rather than Isco.
    Illara played pretty well, and I like that he is finding consistency.

5. Last Boyscout

Last Boyscout Member

Apr 28, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Do you know a good place to download it? I couldn't watch it and would actually like to see it, so that I can bitch about it later on...

6. Subtractam

Subtractam Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    temesgen repped this.
  7. Dantes

Dantes Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The game isn't worth downloading. Just watch it on youtube.

1st half:

2nd half:

temesgen, natenate101 and Lyra repped this.
  8. Last Boyscout

Last Boyscout Member

Apr 28, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Thanks a lot guys.

9. demo_g

demo_g Member+

Jan 13, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Disgraceful performance. I'm usually against loaning out players, but I think it would be wise to focus on Jese this season and send Morata somewhere where he can get more playing time. The talent is there, but he is not showing it lately.

MadridOzil repped this.
  10. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Yeah, but in a home and home format where the 'bigger' team gets the second game at home, historically the local team ends up seeing a bunch of subs and players at 50% effort. That said, Xativa was expecting revenue from this match to equally their yearly turnover (300,000 euros) - that's why their president was saying they hit the lottery.

I've said a million times on this board that at this stage it should be single match at the smaller teams place. Gives the matches more meaning, lightens that calendar a little bit, gives the tournament more surprises. The downsides? You have your best players playing a 5 year old turf that responds like cement and players from Xavita don't get the experience of playing at the Bernabeu.

Akramzizou and RMSocrates repped this.
  11. surgeon

surgeon Member+

Aug 28, 2012
    Morata should be sold with buyback option.

12. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    Di Maria was garbage and the turf was terrible.

We will win 5 nil at home I'm not worried.

Chinky24 repped this.
  13. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Don't understand where this narrative began, but Morata should stay. For all the talk about wanting to integrate youth players where is the patience for them?

I don't expect him to be a starter, I expect him to learn and get better.

anticule, temesgen and sleepyvato50 repped this.
  14. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I came to this thread to post that. I should add that both Jese and Morata are kind off throwing their chances away. I know they don't play much, but this was a very good occasion for them and they kind of blew it.

Don't wanna single them out, but they were the two players who should have taken advantage of a game like this.

15. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Demo is all for the youth being promoted and given time apparently but then wants to ******** Morata off for more playing time. Does Morata think he's going to be a starter already? I hope not.

16. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Look on the bright side! At least the youngsters got an outing!

Yes, that was sarcasm. That was abysmal. This team plays in a lower league than Castilla, pretty pathetic by our entire team, not just Isco, Morata and Jese.

17. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Can a mod please close this thread? All the stupid is giving me headaches.

Ahmadi8, sleepyvato50, Crimson and 2 others repped this.
  18. anticule

anticule Member+

Feb 17, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Morata is good to stay. I figured he wouldn't start as much as Benz as the campaign began, but I know he will get the time.

19. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    You reckon that would stop the stupidity? :ROFLMAO:

Chinky24 and Alma Merengue repped this.
  20. surgeon

surgeon Member+

Aug 28, 2012
    We want the same thing, it's just that I think this is not the right way forward. It's easy to look away from the truth and use the "he's only 21 years old" argument, but the fact is that Morata is not playing, and when he does play he's mediocre at best. I see zero development in his game and without first team football I don't know how he can get any better.
    There's no doubt in my mind that buyback would be the best solution from psychological perspective.
    Morata is not the greatest talent out there, he really needs to work hard if he wants to play for Real Madrid.

21. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I have. Alcorcon.

Hsain85 repped this.
  22. RMSocrates

RMSocrates Member+

Apr 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    What ? Lol not even close or did our team ******** up the visiting teams dressing room area ?

23. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    It has been four months. Four months.

I think some perspective and common sense is need here.

24. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    Disgraceful post.
    Didn't you spend all summer (and the last many years) touting our canteranos? And in this particular case wanted Morata over Benzema? And now at the first sign of obstacles you want us to rid ourselves of him? It's not even Christmas yet. Jesus, what did you expect?? Oh wait I know the answer to that myself because I've called you out on it before. Canterano > Spanish > anything else. Only now it turns out it isn't always the case.

25. plyka

plyka Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Horrible match by Jese and Morata, but then again, it was a horrible match by every player on the pitch. To single these two out is ridiculous. To ask that either of them be sent off to another team is ridiculous.

Morata is the 2nd striker on this team. He will get plenty of playing time. And he will developt FAR MORE here than he would at another place, regardless of minutes played. For some reason football fans believe that the more minutes you play = the more you develop. Where did this nonsense come from? It's not just about playing time, it's about COACHING, it's about trainers and player development, it's about forming relationships and chemistry with teammates, etc.

I find it funny because in American football the exact opposite is true at times --if you give them too many minutes right off the bat, you risk damaging their development.