Olimpic de Xativa vs. Real Madrid C.F | Copa Del Rey | 22:00 (Local Time)| Round of 32 | 12/7/13

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Subtractam, Dec 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xehanort

Xehanort Member+

Real Madrid
    Portugal
    Oct 7, 2013
    Mom's basement
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    That has got to be one of the most boring matches i've ever seen. I mean god damn...

Isco shouldn't have been subbed. He was, easily, the best player and was fundamental to our more fluid game late in the 2nd half. He made some good moves and great touches as well, that guy is simply brilliant.

All are to blame. Team played like shit, not just Di Maria, and all of them should sit and think about what just happened out there...

2. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    ^ Yeah!! Sit and think about what you just did!!

3. Xehanort

Xehanort Member+

Real Madrid
    Portugal
    Oct 7, 2013
    Mom's basement
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    ...what?

4. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    I don't know about have to sit and think about what they've done but I thought the attitude and approach could've used some work.

And as an aside this Ana Cobos on BeIn Espanol has a smokin' hot body and I ain't even hatin'* that her boobs are fake :thumbsup:

*I am hatin' a little bit though..

RMSocrates repped this.
  5. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Ancelotti in the presser: "We haven't spoken about DiMaria leaving and neither has he. He is staying here and without any problems."

(no indication on eyebrow position during these comments)

Aimar 21 repped this.
  6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Sounds plausible. Not.

7. Xehanort

Xehanort Member+

Real Madrid
    Portugal
    Oct 7, 2013
    Mom's basement
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Maybe it's the inner fanboy in me, but I thought this was inexcusably bad. Nothing worked for christ's sake, only Illarra and Isco looked like they were trying. I admit I was expecting alot from our youth today...

8. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    I'd be careful with overreacting. A match like that is what we call "un marron" (a brown) ... i.e., shit you get stuck with. I was listening to an audio feed before the match and they were talking about how players hate matches like this with artificial turf, tiny pitch, etc., etc. Not really shocking.

Phil Schoen is hittin' that.

9. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    Overreact no but his game was certainly deserving of an Anclotti eyebrow in the full and upright position.

Hmmm...Phil Schoen "hitting that" immediately brings an idiom referencing the broad side of a barn to mind.

10. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    I don't disagree regarding effort. We would have probably done better playing down a man or two. We had players on top of each other all over the place. LOL. Quite silly, but it is what it is.

11. Romanero

Romanero Member+

Oct 28, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    if we lose or tie in bernabeu i think i wont even care, because i'll laugh so much that will be worth it lmao

12. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    Yes I get "it is what it is" but the thing is right when this team is starting to look like they're getting things together you'd like them to continue to build. And while I also understand it isn't a linear process even with the extenuating circumstances of today's game you don't expect to see as much of a drop off as we did today. This could end up being a dead rubber in the grand scheme of things but I don't think it's overreacting to point it out and address it a bit though. Whatevs though.

Xehanort repped this.
  13. Xehanort

Xehanort Member+

Real Madrid
    Portugal
    Oct 7, 2013
    Mom's basement
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    This.

I don't think I was overreacting either, there are games that the big players just don't like to play/aren't as motivated for (given the shit pitch and all) but this was just too dreadful to not point out.

14. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Yeah not buying that, at all. Not by his reaction.

15. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    When he took off his shirt i thought he was going to throw it on the ground, which is pretty much a "good bye". Considering that he didn't we can still pull this one together.

I'm not mad about the result. It was just very very very boring. :D

16. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Bah, not arsed about this at all. If we lose to this team at the Bernabeu, I'll write a strongly worded letter to the club.

4x4s repped this.
  17. Mr. Strange

Mr. Strange Member

Jul 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ozil would shine in these type of games :(

Romanero repped this.
  18. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    Lol, I don't anyone is "mad" about the result and I fully expect to finish this off at the Bernabeu but when you have players who really can't afford to "not like" games like this and a team still searching for an identity then yeah, me personally, I got a couple questions. No biggie.

19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No, don't think so, to be honest. It's not like we played badly. We just didn't push as much as we could have. Whatever.

20. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    And as far as Di Maria's reaction he comes off, obviously unhappy and wincing, and tells Clement he's heading to the locker room. Clement gives him a slap on the back and as he heads down the dude from Xativa asks for his shirt and Angel takes it off and gives it to him.

21. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    This. Previous Copa fiascos had us all over the place, giving up chances, looking lost, arguing with each other. I think we lacked some bite, but it was a very "serene" match for us (stolen from Spanish commentators).

22. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    I will say though that Petey was very good today, he is very steady when he is comfortable it seems and he and Casemiro seem to be a partnership that has some good potential going forward.

23. Subtractam

Subtractam Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Hope we don't have the same performance against Osasuna away

24. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I hope people don't take this game as some sort of factor that determines our form.

Let's be honest. The Copa del Rey format with the home and away games gives no chance to the little guys. Winning 0-5 away is pretty great, but it's pointless when you know that these guys will come to the Bernabeu with shirts of their family to sign, and photo opportunities post match. One of their players was standing next to Ramos and constantly looking at him.

The German format of a single match offers a lot more surprises. The big away results are more for show in many cases in the home & away format.

As long as you don't lose these games badly (Alcorconazo), you're pretty safe.

RMSocrates and sleepyvato50 repped this.
  25. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    These Copa games are more to allow smaller teams the chance to see Real Madrid/Barcelona coming to town than actually them feeling they could progress far. Playing a single game will make it far more competitive and interesting though, who usually hosts the single game in other leagues?