OL Café III [R]

Discussion in 'Olympique Lyonnais' started by guignol, Jun 1, 2011.

1. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    One new CB is a necessity, going into the new campaign without one would be a major mistake. What ever happened to that Portugeuse player we were linked to last summer?

2. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais

source please

:p

3. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  4. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    I doubt Arsenal will pop for Aly, the way the way AC Milan did previously. Arsenal have become notoriously cheap, 11 million would make Wenger cringe and pull out his hair.

Anyone picked up the new Lyon jersey yet? I'm thinking of grabbing one, but I'm concerned the players numbers will change...I'm looking at Gourcuff who is presently 29, he wears 8 for France and wore 8 for Bordeaux. Pjanic has 8 for us, but I keep hearing that he's bitching about playing time and wants out.

5. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I'm reluctant to pick up a new shirt this year, if I do however it will be nameless.

I hear we've wrapped up a move for Bologna CB Britos, sorry no link, just read it on another board.

6. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    I don't have one, so I'd like to buy one, unfortunately all I see is the official store selling them, no one else online.

Britos would be a good signing.

7. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And the guys at the other forum told me I was random :rolleyes:
    http://www.olympique-et-lyonnais.com/mercato/bastos-finalement-a-chelsea,19711.html
    I dont know what to tell ya, the bids are low

:confused:
    Modric is easily going to cost more than 15 mill, not to mention they've already rejected bids from chelsea
    i agree though, good player

I doubt it as well,clichy left for around 7mill, why would they spend(im guessing anywhere from 10-20, cause Lyon aint gonna let him go for less) on Aly

btw im not chopped liver

8. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I was counting on they money we would get from selling those guys, Pjanic and Bastos. If they don't leave we don't need Modric. How much was the Chelsea bid?

9. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Lot of OL fans wanted Garay and he is signing with Benfica. I think theres something about that 50% rights garbage that Portugeuse teams do that OL wouldnt and shouldnt do.

10. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Whatever happened to that "War Chest" Aulas used to talk about lol.

11. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    RE: Garay

From what I understand, Garay is 10 million or so for 50%, that would make him a 20 million euro player. You tell me how a back-up CB at Madrid who hasn't played more than 2 consecutive games is worth 20 million? I'll tell you what, if Benfica think they fleeced R. Madrid for Coentrao, Madrid just bent them over and gave it right back. A total bonehead signing, especially given the wages he'll command.

RE: Bastos & Pjanic
    I was hoping to see Pjanic finally get a shot this year. If we're selling him, then we have a hole at DM and MC. If I were Gourcuff I'd kick up a stink about having only Kim to rely on then.

I'd prefer to look at a winger. Briand is an exceptional athlete but disappears at times. Bastos on the other hand I'm not sure about him. Maybe he fits Remi's system, but I just don't know.

Anyone hear anything about Ederson?

12. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    No I havent heard anything in weeks. Doesn't seem much interest in the players Lyon are trying to offload.

13. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  14. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    22 mill pounds
    its not garbage, its a smart innovation which is also utilized by many clubs especially in Serie A
    instead of just getting a player on loan, you get some of his rights which could mean future profits
    and if the club decides to keep the player, the negotiations are facilitated

now should OL be doing that, meh...it depends on how many guys you have your eyes and hands on and your current financial situation

I think the club is turning more towards developing home based players, and invest in them to build a better future both financially and quality wise

just look at the bench, bunch of young talented players

15. TBR

TBR Member

Mar 15, 2007
    DMV
    Club:
    CD Aguila
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiT2lYU03SM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiT2lYU03SM[/ame]

[​IMG]

16. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Zelaya...love him, are we actually linked with him, or is this wishful thinking.

17. TBR

TBR Member

Mar 15, 2007
    DMV
    Club:
    CD Aguila
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Zelaya is off to Russia.

Hey maybe you can still get Jamie Alas though.

18. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    the sea change in OL's strategy we're seeing this year is being interpreted as simple disenchantment with the puel period, a return to the "good old days", but what's really on JMA's mind is financing the new stadium. the on-field objective is now just qualifying for the CL, but even there they're not going to spend 20M€ to make 20M€. in fact they're willing to take the risk of passing up that CL money if they can make as much or more via transfers, salary reduction etc... not to be neglected is the effect these "gains" can have on share price: selling bastos for 15M€ would possibly bring even more than that à la bourse!

it's not that cash flow has become the raison d'être for the club, but the new stadium, on which all future hopes for glory are based, requires it.

19. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    He's going to regret that quickly...

20. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Looks like Cissokho is gonna sign in Liverpool. I would have sold Lloris and Bastos instead of Toulalan and Cissokho and now they need to sign replacements for Cissokho, Toulalan and a central defender. Its not looking too good right now.

21. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    on lloris we agreed to disagree long ago. selling bastos still might come about. toulalan no one at OL really wanted to see go but i think there were deciding factors that will not be explained until someone involved writes their memoirs. cissokho has proven a big disappointment this season and if one or both of källström and bastos stay i don't think they'll sign a replacement for him at all, as kolo looked very promising each and every time out this year and may be given a chance to start regularly.

22. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Sell the starting GK of the French NT and replace him with what?

An aging Sebastien Frey, who is coming off a knee ligament injury? or another goalkeeper rated at 10 million plus euros? Just as a matter of reference, a gk of the same calibre: Maarten Stekelenberg, is still going to cost Roma 10 million euros in the final year of his contract. David De Gea cost Man Utd over 20 million euros mid-way through his contract.

Sorry my friend, there are summers where you buy goalkeepers, and summers where you don't, because everyone else is. This isn't a buying summer. Not when the market has been set at 10-20 million for a international calibre keeper.

23. Gnafron

Gnafron Member

Sep 5, 2005
    Lyon, Cx-Rousse
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Sebastien Frey is crap, childish and racist...

24. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    I stand corrected. All of the above and coming off a significant injury.

25. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    What's the asking price for Cissokho? I heard Liverpool might get him for 10M pounds, which doesn't seem like a lot.

Looks like Lyon just lost their first friendly of the season to Red Bull Salzburg after being reduced to 10 men early in the first half (Mensah hand ball in the penalty area).

Oh well.