OL Café III [R]

Discussion in 'Olympique Lyonnais' started by guignol, Jun 1, 2011.

1. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    bastos says he wants to leave the club now because of aulas' critique, but no offers yet.

2. CoDave

CoDave Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Colorado USA
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Lyon should sell him and sign Griezmann to take his place.

3. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    today we salute all the amandines in the world and of couse one in particular!

[​IMG]

4. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    You arent getting Chantome on loan. The club pulled him aside and said "You arent going anywhere." I don't believe he "changed his mind" about wanting to leave. They said no and thats thats.

5. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    lyon wish they had the money they use too....he wants to play in the champions league !

6. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Llloris gives the green light to Tottenham.

http://news.maxifoot.fr/info-161439_120710/football.php

Kind of lame to see the French #1 keeper playing for a club like that but thats how it goes these days. Plus I rather he goes there instead of Arsenal who I don't like. Thirez wanted most of the national team to be playing in France but thats not happening. Giroud already gone and Lloris, Debuchy, M'Villa, and Remy will follow and who know who else. Soon there will only be a few Les Bleus based in France because teams have no money and the ones that do (PSG,Monaco) would rather sign Italians.

7. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  8. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    don't read too much into that... he just wants to get in shape to try to find a club, and OL is the logical place to do that. it's like moving back in with one's parents after getting fired or divorced; they can't say no but everyone hopes the situation doesn't last too long

StarrMatthieu repped this.
  9. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Yup, I remember Mahamadou Diarra was training with them and he never signed. :(

10. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  11. KellanF

KellanF Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Midwestern US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Well he was just on loan so I imagine he'll be heading back to UAE because I haven't seen anything about him being signed (I believe there is an option?). It seems like a lot of people thought that move was purely symbolic.

This Ibra to PSG business to crazy. How do they not win the league next year? I know that nothing has even happened this summer yet, but how are we getting better?

12. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    this.

i actually saw the one goal he scored for the reserves and it was nicely headed in. he also had a good long passing game for an amateur centerback. but overall he's just CFA level, and he's at an age where you're usually washing out of an academy, not arriving. it was just hype.

13. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Because you well know France isnt like the other footballing countries. Only in France could a team with that huge of a budget NOT win the league. Only in a France could a team like Montpellier win the league. So yeah I wouldnt get too upset about PSG considering what history has told us. PSG and OM won 1 title combined in 15 years. Obviously PSG are favored but no one should be shocked if they dont win it.

14. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  15. Oort Cloud

Oort Cloud Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Marseille
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yeah, Montpellier barely won the title by three points last year, and they'll be weaker without Giroud. And PSG just fixed its problems in the backline. If Sakho returns to his earlier form, they could've the best center defense duo in football. Leonardo only needs to add more depth at the fullback and striker postions, then PSG should easily win Ligue 1 and they will be one of the favorites for the Champions League.

16. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Im not gonna say they are favorites for the Champions League because they might not even get out of their group because I think they are in pot 3 or 4 ? which means they will be grouped with 2 other huge clubs.

17. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Well you said so yourself, France is not like other footballing nations. Sad to see though, the new stadium should rejuvenate things a bit.

18. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Yes I said that but I thought Lyon was one of the few places like St. Etienne, Nantes, Marseille, and Lens where the stadium is usually filled up. Lyon had more bandwagon fans than I thought. 2nd largest metro area in France 12,000 ia pretty low and I expect that from a place like Toulouse where they dont care about footbll.

19. Oort Cloud

Oort Cloud Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Marseille
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France

The media will make them one of the favorites to win the CL. There're in pot 4, and they a're not going to have Barca and Real Madrid in their group, so they should move to round of 16.

20. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I always knew if things started to sour attendance would drop off. I don't consider our fanbase 'diehard' at all...

21. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Being in pot 4 instantly makes them in the group of death. Theres no guarantee that they get out of their groups let alone win the damn thing.

22. Oort Cloud

Oort Cloud Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Marseille
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yeah, But with the talent on that team, they chance to beat just about anybody. Leonardo should spend whatever shoreup PSG's depth problems at both right and left fullback and sign time another big time striker.

23. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Depth is a problem. Especially when you're playing in many different competitions. This isn't the Europa league where you can half ass your way through games. They will need some luck on their side. Chelsea was the crappiest of all 4 semifinalists talentwise and they won the trophy. As I type this Lyon scores in the first friendly of the season!! Zeffane!!

24. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    And then lose 2-1 through a soft penalty and a second goal for Bilbao late in the game. Lots of youngsters out there today. I wonder if this a sign of things to come with the chopping block Aulas has set up for so many of the veterans.