OL Café III [R]

Discussion in 'Olympique Lyonnais' started by guignol, Jun 1, 2011.

1. KellanF

KellanF Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Midwestern US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    saw this on Tumblr today.

2. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Yes I saw the Remy to OL rumor a few days ago but it seems so outrageous and not worth talking about.

3. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    +1. the real value of remy to OL would be to convince us not to make the same mistake with lacazette! alex has been better than loic at the same age and i would not be surprised if next season he's better in absolute terms.

4. KellanF

KellanF Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Midwestern US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    I was honestly more interested in the little bit about Licha, I hadn't heard any of the rumors about his leaving the club.

En savoir plus: http://www.sport.fr/football/ligue-1-l-ol-pourrait-perdre-pied-269347.shtm#ixzz1zCbWMQ57

I wouldn't be opposed to him leaving. Laca can (obviously) play on the wings.

5. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Lyon : Lloris sur le départ ! (30/06/2012)
    Le gardien de but Hugo Lloris (25 ans, 36 matchs en Ligue 1 cette saison) serait sur le point de quitter l'Olympique Lyonnais, selon Eurosport. En délicatesse sur le plan financier, le club rhodanien se serait résolu à laisser partir l'international français, qui avait ouvert la porte à un transfert ces dernières semaines, après quatre saisons passées à l'OL.
    L'ancien Niçois serait notamment sur les tablettes du Barça, du Milan AC, de Tottenham et de Liverpool. Alors que le nom de sa future destination n'a pas filtré, l'affaire pourrait être conclue dans les prochaines heures...
    (Par Nicolas Lagavardan)
    seen on maxifoot

6. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    And the hits just keep on coming....Well, I knew he wouldn't stay with us his entire career

7. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    "pourrait etre conclue dans qqes heures" doesn'y keep it from being a dodgy(ish) rumor.

8. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    rubis sur ongle however...

[​IMG]

80% of ishak belfodil brings 2.5M into the coffers.

9. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i think it reinforces it's dodginess. How could we sell Lloris that quickly?? I would expect protracted talks and hopefully a bidding war. And this the first I'm hearing of it!!

10. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I'd prefer they sell Cissokho and Bastos and keep Llloris and Kallstrom but if they have to get rid of their goalie then so be it. There's tons of good French keepers around anyway. As long as Lisandro and Gourcuff stay I wont complain. Those are the 2 I dont want them to lose.

11. KellanF

KellanF Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Midwestern US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    If Hugo leaves do you think they stay with Vercoutre and bring someone to back him up, or are we looking for a new starter?

I'm sad to see Belfodil go. Hopefully Tafer can break into the first team now.

12. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    frankly, i think rémy deserves a shot and not just for services rendered. with perhaps one notable exception he's always delivered the goods. and with valverde as backup i think OL's keeper situation would still be stronger than 90% of L1 clubs.

13. KellanF

KellanF Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Midwestern US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    http://www.thesportscampus.com/2012...-15th-july-deadline-for-arsenal-target-lloris

http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/2...65/olympique-lyonnais-demand-11m-for-cissokho

http://blogs.bettor.com/Olympique-Lyonnais-keeping-tabs-on-Simon-Poulsen-a166145

I would not mind Simon Poulsen to replace Aly.

guignol repped this.
  14. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    for lloris JMA will be adamant about the 20 briques; hugo's under contract until 2015, and though financial robustness is a sincere and important objective there's no gun to the club's head (the wild rumor about a lloris deal "within a few hours" was fueled by a wilder one that OL needed to find 5M€ by midnight 30/06).

cissokho will leave for less, even if no deal is sealed by 15/07. he's one of the players "qui ne donnent pas satisfaction*" and he's hired lawyers to try to break his contract.

i didn't see a single minute of denmark but a left back free gratis for nothing who's looked sharp in in euro and europa league sounds good to me. but if you believe ASs he's just signed at depor.

the players who really excited me, balmont and mounier, have already found other homes, but corgnet still seems possible, and chantôme on a one year loan is reportedly very nearly done.

*the others were certainly mensah and i suppose belfodil, other than that i can only think of bastos that might be included, but since JMA spoke of a lack respect for the coach or the club others could be targeted that aren't obvious.

15. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Corgnet and Chantome isnt too bad but it has to hurt his ego a bit that now he has been reduced to taking PSG's leftovers when not that long ago he almost had their best player (Pauleta)

16. KellanF

KellanF Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Midwestern US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Puzzling quote, at least to me.

17. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    very puzzling. and surprising that he would use these kind of words to describe his own players. what could be the motivation behind it?

18. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    The players he named are all on the verge of leaving Lyon. It's probably easier to accept for OL fans to see them leaving if they are described as troublesome players.

19. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    so basically he feels he needs to resort to manipulation in order to get rid of players for the good of the club?

20. KellanF

KellanF Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Midwestern US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    I don't really get the tactic, but going along with it...why call out Cris?

21. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    qui veut noyer son chien l'accuse de la rage.

i'm not sure all these players were already on the way out or if JMA is trying to push them out because of their salaries, or if there is a share of truth great or small in what he says. but the statement is inhabitual in its ferocity, and on the field at least you can't say either cris or KK n'ont pas donné satisfaction.

22. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    OL fans in general have no particular fondness for either bastos or cissokho right now; KK was never that big a favorite; his very good year has raised his popularity but his departure was already considered a foregone conclusion last december. cris is almost an icon here but getting rid of him has been high on lots of fans' wish list for a couple of years (again his performances this season have calmed that a great deal. so whatever the motive might be behind JMA's outburst (and i'm perplexed), i don't think making these departures palatable to supporters is it.

the big puzzle for me too. with all he's been to the club there must be some real bad blood behind the scenes for this to have been done so publicly and acrimoniously.

23. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    the subject is worth bringing up again since at the moment the tide is definitely going the other way, according to this article they've lost 10 players so far including 6 starters: bussaglia to OL, soyer to juvisy, le garrec to guingamp, lepailleur (destination not given)... the article doesn't meantion that alexandra long and elie masar have gone back to the states but they're among the 10. laure boulleau is rumored to be leaving too.

as the article states they've signed a good coach and probably have plans to rebuild in some way but as things stand PSG is the club with the shakiest outlook for next season.

24. KellanF

KellanF Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Midwestern US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    http://www.foot01.com/equipe/lyon/gomis-de-l-ol-au-rubin-kazan,90865

:rolleyes:

At this point, who isn't rumored to leave the club?