OL Café III [R]

Discussion in 'Olympique Lyonnais' started by guignol, Jun 1, 2011.

1. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Lloris is easiest to replace. There's so many good goalies out there you can get. Ruffier, Pele, Carrasso, Ospina, France always has great keepers.

2. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not an expert on Ligue 1, but if you say so

3. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I'm not sure. There's a reason why guys like DeGea Lloris and Neuer are everyone's wishlist. A game saving Keeper isn't that common. I can't count how many times Lloris has almost single handling kept OL from squandering valuable points, and the other club I follow just as closely, rotates through keepers like tshirts and they all ended up screwing badly at the wrong time. Don't mess with the back I say.

4. Eskimo Joe

Eskimo Joe Member

May 24, 2010
    This. You've got to build from the defense to the attack, in my opinion. Take care of your own side of the field first before you think about attacking options on the other end.

5. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope you're just referring to Lloris:p

I agree with what you said, but Hrbman said one thing, and you're kinda saying another...

6. Eskimo Joe

Eskimo Joe Member

May 24, 2010
    Hmm. I didn't mean for it to come out as something different to what he said. I'm agreeing by stating my belief that a solid defense is the bedrock (or "spine") of a team. In my opinion, it would be preferable to replace an attacker as opposed to a goalkeeper. It seems as if they're more abundant in supply.

7. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    first statements:yes
    second statement: ehhh

it would be preferable, however which one cost more?
    obviously the attacker cost more, ranging anywhere from 3-5 times more
    they are more abundant, but no way equal in terms of cost which is something to consider

8. Eskimo Joe

Eskimo Joe Member

May 24, 2010
    Point taken. It's kind of funny though, isn't it? That simply defies the law of supply and demand. ;)

9. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it does doesnt it...funny how you'll get more bang for your buck from the GK, another point worth noting

10. Bianconeri13

Bianconeri13 Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Anaheim, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    i hope these toulalan rumors are false, it would be a huge step down for him, another oil rich team makes me sick :( but anyways i want to see french teams hold onto their great players! at least the french NT ones. and for 8-10 is a ****ing joke, surely it is known he could go for much more? especially from a new "rich" club

11. Gnafron

Gnafron Member

Sep 5, 2005
    Lyon, Cx-Rousse
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Toulalan came back from South Africa with an unstoppable nervous breakdown that has zombified him... Add the long Puel touch agony and I can understand him...

One year living in Marbella, 30 minutes away from Malaga with beaches, the mare nostrum and not so bad wines he'll be fit in a few month...

12. Eskimo Joe

Eskimo Joe Member

May 24, 2010
    Anyone else thinking about buying the 2011/2012 jersey?

13. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it looks nice doesn't it, but I'm not a big fan of Adidas(the away jersey for this season was just god awful)

the umbros i have suffice

14. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. Bianconeri13

Bianconeri13 Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Anaheim, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    great player ^

(stolen for davey gorgeous juve forum)

According to the Portuguese sports daily A Bola, 23-year-old Porto defensive midfielder Fernando will not be present at the meeting of the Club Lusitano set for June 30 as it seems the Brazilian is a step away from joining Lyon. Despite interest by Juventus, Inter and Roma, Lyon seems his likely destination thanks to the good relations which have developed between the clubs over the last few years regarding the transfers of Aly Cissokho and Lisandro Lopez, both former players of Porto who now play at Lyon. A Juventus anonymous official, in an interview with goal.com, has confirmed that "there were a number of talks in which Juve made inquiries for Fernando." But, talks have cooled according to the source, as Juventus are not willing to meet Porto's €30M asking price for the midfielder.

16. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    30 million euros?

please dont tell me we are selling Toulalan for 10 million so we can buy someone 3 times as expensive. is he 3 times as good?

17. Bianconeri13

Bianconeri13 Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Anaheim, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    that was just the rumor that was published, i for one can't see lyon splashing 30 million euros around

18. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I would bring back M. Diarra. We dont know if he can still play but he will be cheap.

19. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i agree. apparently OM is on him too, but i think the only chance he"ll ever have of coming good again is a return to lyon. it would be like a mad scientist experiment to see if it's possible to breathe life into

GODJILLA
    [​IMG]

woah! djila! we're gonna need that vélo come 2016!

20. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Malaga have agreed the signing of France international Jeremy Toulalan from Lyon.
    The 27-year-old midfielder has spent the last five seasons at Lyon having previously played for hometown club Nantes. He has won 36 caps with France.
    Malaga announced the move in a statement on their website: "The club have reached an agreement with the French side this morning for the midfielder Jeremy Toulalan to join Malaga.
    "Toulalan, who has also reached an agreement with Malaga for the next four seasons, will sign his contract in the coming days and will be presented in the final week of the month."
    Malaga finished last season in 11th spot in La Liga, three points above the relegation zone, after winning five of their final seven games.
    The south-coast club have already signed Ruud van Nistelrooy, Nacho Monreal and Joris Mathijsen this summer.

21. KellanF

KellanF Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Midwestern US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Good bye Jeremy. :(

22. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    did they say for how much?

man the DM position is now in dire need of quality

23. KellanF

KellanF Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Midwestern US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Apparently between 10-15m.

It had better be the high end of that, and we had better be getting that kid from Porto, otherwise I hate this, and I don't get it at all.

24. Bianconeri13

Bianconeri13 Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Anaheim, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    he is worth much more than that :( and i despise malaga just like man city now :( o well i hope success for him, although leaving a club such as lyon for a club that got 11th place AFTER winning the last 5-7, wouldn't look like a smart career move to me

25. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol malaga the new man city :D

actually malaga are making rather smart moves and for cheap! so their actually spending money wisely, not throwing $ on big names(even though toula is somewhat of a big name)

theres many reasons for toula to leave, and I thought we went through this already
    Lyon just have to spend the money wisely, get a new coach, and work extra hard integrating the new players
    easier said than done, but the talent is there, the money is there and the fans are there(well depending on the coach...)