OL Café III [R]

Discussion in 'Olympique Lyonnais' started by guignol, Jun 1, 2011.

1. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Pretty damn stupid how you can still sell players after the transfer window is closed. FIFA's rules are pathetic.

2. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    ol land must go on!

3. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Is this even officially confirmed yet? That blurb made it sound like a rumor.

4. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    confirmed? it hasn't even been denied yet! imho, the most delirious kind of elucubration.

5. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    so the källström to borduria rumors were founded after all!

rubin kazan president plekszy-gladz reportedly came to lyon in his private aeroplane to offer 5 million khôrs for him!

a senseless waste of kerosene. because with the way kim's been playing, not only might his current market value be more that (transfermarkt for what it's worth lists him at 9M€), his presence on the field this season alone, considered as a coefficient of our chances to get 25M€ CL money next season would probably be calculated as significantly higher than 5 briques, and he's under contract until 2014. all of which could have been explained over the phone.

eih bennek eih blavek
    [​IMG]

6. Tsigalko

Tsigalko Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
  7. Inara

Inara Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    They deserve it. Lyon have been playing like an average L1 team. Unlike previous seasons, nothing really sets them apart from their domestic competitors.

I guess those who wanted a more homogenized L1 got their wish. Better for the overall health of the league, but I won't deny it, I miss the days when Lyon crapped on everyone else.

8. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I'm certainly going through withdrawal

9. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  10. KellanF

KellanF Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Midwestern US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    link

If it does happen this summer I will be sad to see Kim go, to be honest. But I hope we unload Mensah and one of the attacking center midfielders. Do you think Aly will go to? and Dabo would start? (looking into the future a bit)

11. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
  12. KellanF

KellanF Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Midwestern US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Happy Birthday, Licha!

13. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    ah yessss... that was a crisp one!

14. KellanF

KellanF Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Midwestern US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    I'm getting thirsty for some Qatari oil... :D

15. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    ^ Not gonna happen. Lyon is not Paris. Paris is a special case. I'd rather they sell to a French group that has tons of money.

16. Inara

Inara Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Aulas has said that he won't do that. He's going the alternate route and trying to lure investors for the stadium and OL Groupe, but he still plans to retain his majority share of the club. He's trying to convince investors that the stadium (which will essentially be a huge entertainment complex) will make a lot of money.

It's not quite like PSG, but unlike OM, Lyon will be willing to name the stadium after a sponsor.

17. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    now thats the spirit!

18. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    If petrodollars becomes the cure to all football ills, this will truely become a dire sport.

19. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    oil is not killing football any more than it's killing the planet.

there's nothing wrong with the planet that the extinction of the human race and a couple of hundred years won't make right as rain. the current runaway spendathon may end up for all intents and purposes killing the world cup, the euro, the champions' league and the 4 ot 5 top domestic leagues, but the sport will do fine.

20. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Great point, as usual Guignol

21. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    OLYMPIQUE LYONNAIS VS Lille Olympique Sporting Club

[LINEUP-4-3-3]
    Lacazette,
    Lopez,
    Grenier,
    Bastos,
    Gonalons,
    Kallström,
    Dabo,
    Lovren,
    Cris,
    Reveillère,
    Lloris,
    [/LINEUP-4-3-3]
    Ligue 1 - 27e Journée

10/03/2012 | Stade: Stade Gerland | Arbitre S. Ennjimi

[​IMG][​IMG]

[LINEUP-4-3-3]
    Hazard,
    Roux,
    Cole,
    Balmont,
    Mavuba,
    Pedretti,
    Digne,
    Béria,
    Chedjou,
    Debuchy,
    Landreau,
    [/LINEUP-4-3-3]

BIG MATCH !

22. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    what, what, Lyon got 3 points beating LILLE !THIS IS A BIG DEAL!
    [​IMG]
    big up

23. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    he's right you know.

if only OL could have put in that kind of first half hour in nicosia they'd be 3.3€ to the good, and would have been spared a great humiliation.

but since some of the players who underperformed the worst were quite good tonight it might have been un mal pour un bien. because this win makes third place look possible again.

24. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    This racim toward arab investments is unbearable. The presence of sugar daddies in football has not started with "petrodollars". Not to mention that the way people are using the term "petrodollar" is so pejorative. If you listen some people, arabs are the devil in football, they spend senselss money. What I'm seeing at PSG, is that QSI hired competent people and they have a real project.

Personally, I find it amusing that the same people who are criticizing clubs like City are the same who fanatize the EPL.

Financial Fair Play is just demagogy. How can you apply a rule to an amount of countries that is not homogeneous, who do not have the rules and call it fair play. The recent quotes of Hollande put it in perspective. Anyway, some clubs have benefited of the system during the past decade to expand their brand so they an advantage over the other clubs of other nations. Also, I always thought that EPL has a cultural advantage over the other nations : the language. I don't believe in FFP, they should change the fair play part. I'm convinced since the very beginning that the financial fair play is a statu quo and forbid some clubs to rise, to make investments for a few years before stabilizing their deficit.

If the UEFA, the FIFA or whoever is in charge of it wanted a football with more fair play, the first thing they would do is changing the formula of the CL. When you see how some people complained about 1 or two "lesser nations" joining the party of the CL recently, it's not an easy task. :rolleyes: It's easy to go where the money is with the modialisation of football and being satisfied of alway having the same few clubs from the same few countries to compete for the CL title. Football has not always been what it is now and will keep evolving. People probably need to get educed to accept change and not only willing to get the same dishes over and over again.

For example, Bale beating out Manchester off the CL is just an epiphenomenon and not a trend on the long term. Always seeing the same clubs is not the football that I like. You no longer learn geography with european competitions when you are kid, now all you have to know is where London, Manchester, Barcelona and Madrid are located.