OK, so I'm getting back in

Discussion in 'Battrick' started by quentinc, Apr 1, 2007.

1. quentinc

quentinc New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Annapolis, MD
    The originals might remember from the beginning (under my old pseudonym, distrunner450), and after getting out, I've come back in.

I quit paying attention somewhere around the end of Season 2, when I had a pretty successful DIII team in Sri Lanka (I had a shot at promotion and one of my players was in the running for the U19's).

Well, I've gotten back in, but I'm playing in New Zealand (Cave Allegories (15378)). So my question is:

What's changed? A big difference I've noticed is the youth academies, and I really don't know what's going on. Can someone give me a primer? Are there any other things I should be aware of?

Thanks

EDIT: Also, I see that we're placed in First Class leagues, but obviously we're not playing any First Class games. I remember discussion about this starting when I left. When do they plan to implement it? And will this mean One Day leagues will be a thing of the past? (Because it really affects the importance of stamina in evaluating players).

2. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    i think this is season 6, FC matches are now for on for season 8.

the youth academy is different hten before. It is no longer random. You get intensive net sessions (ITS) to put into differnet skill sets. There is a cap on the number you cna use on one player (changed due to age, and how well your academy is). you have to pay money to "repair" it and make it superb (unlike how it would just improve on its own after you had played for a while)

i think the most ITS you can use is 35, on a 17 year old. it is not worth pulling an older player (even if you can use like 50 ITS on them).

The off-season is now 4 weeks long, but there are 20/20 matches during that time. I think every team is guaranteed 3 matches.

3. quentinc

quentinc New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Annapolis, MD
    Do these just operate as friendlies?

4. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    nope, competitive matches. not sure what day during the week they are. teams are put into groups i think and then the top of the group go into a knockout, at least that makes the most sense

5. Craig P

Craig P BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We've still not done the 20/20's yet, so nobody is quite sure how they're going to work. I'm assuming it's going to be some sort of mini-cup competition or something.

6. quentinc

quentinc New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Annapolis, MD
    Will the one day leagues still exist when the FC matches start?

7. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yes, both will run simultaneously.