Official: Union 2013 Preseason Catch-All

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Union' started by Dills, Oct 8, 2012.

1. thomas19064

thomas19064 Member+

Apr 29, 2008
    Delco
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

dmmihali and UnionFreak1 repped this.
  2. mattylip

mattylip Member+

Philadelphia Union
    Jul 22, 2011
    Cherry Hill (127, D)
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A little perspective. These are the guys that we waste so much time debating minutiae about?

[​IMG]

aztec21bas and Doop repped this.
  3. aztec21bas

aztec21bas BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 24, 2009
    Mullica Hill, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A very good point! They have more in common with our kids (for most of us) than they do with the majority of professional athletes we are generally accustomed to talking about.

4. billf

billf Member+

May 22, 2001
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have to say that Jimmy was pretty awesome to my kids down in Florida. He definitely has some good parents and has his head screwed on straight.

5. Dulliwhig

Dulliwhig Member+

Nov 12, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jeff Parke was interviewed this afternoon on WIP by Anthony Gargano and Glenn Macnow. I found this a bit surprising considering the fact that I have heard Glenn Macnow express his disdain for soccer on multiple occasions. But I was also pleasently surprised to hear that there will be a weekly one hour Philly Union show coming to WIP. I forget which day, but I thought that I heard them say Thursdays at 6. In my mind, establishing a foothold in the sports talk radio landscape is a critical element that will help the Union become more mainstream in the area. I think it is going to be very important for the members on this board to get behind the show and call in if we expect the coverage to continue. I quickly browsed their site (WIP) and didn't see anything about it, nor did I hear anything about who is going to host the show. But I have to say, I am really freaking excited.

edit - has there really been a radio show for a year? If so, the reception must have been blocked by the rock that I hae been living under...

6. thomas19064

thomas19064 Member+

Apr 29, 2008
    Delco
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It has been on for a year... only broadcasted on the AM feed... 610.