Official Road to London 2012 Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Japan' started by goru_no_ura, Dec 26, 2008.

1. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    give up. He won't be called, and I'm more and more convinced that there is some reason that it has nothing to do with the value of the player :/

2. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    No, it's Kengo. (sorry for the double post, can't edit anymore my previous post)

I take the first alone. :p

3. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Damn

4. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yoshida yes; he's likely to be in and around the NT for the next 8 years or so (or until a better thing comes along) and certainly the next 2. So he could do with that experience a whole lot more than Konno who already is an established player. The other position in question may be CM, but I think Yamaguchi & Ogihara can hold that position themselves.

I'm not sure having 3 OA players is worth it. All the OA players considered I think should be no older than 24 max (i.e. people who we'll be thinking about come 2018 still). I don't like the idea of giving that team the option of looking to 28-30yo's for leadership & mental strength when they should be finding it within their own team.

5. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    still amazed Tulio is talked here as if he was friggin Pique or Puyol.

6. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Saku problem is people saw Tulio as some kind of pillar of defence and nowdays they cant seem to find a reliable replacement for him.

I on the other hand say, Japan has a bright future. Tulio gave a lot to the NT but it's time for the new stars. Really young one's

7. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    The problem is more that people are never satisfied. Once a player is good they're already thinking about the 14 years old prospect who's supposed to be even better.

8. KATO

KATO Member

Nov 26, 2011
    Manchester
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I hope they scrap the idea of the veterans playing as OA. IMO it'd be a whole lot more worthwhile for OA spots being given to players who are slightly older (Around 1987 and 1988) but are good enough JNT prospects and need international experience.

Thinking guys like Yoshida, Inui, Hiroki Yamada, Yasushi Endo or Junya Tanaka.

9. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    You can't understand that people are worried? That Japan can't find a replacement?
    You are Konno fanboy so of course you're satisfied.

10. KATO

KATO Member

Nov 26, 2011
    Manchester
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    There's a worrying shortage of quality CB between Beijing generation and London generation, the fact that Yoshida starts every match....ignoring Tulio is insanity at this point.

11. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    No no I wake up at the middle of the night too sometimes.

12. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yes. Can't understand it.

13. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    That's good.

14. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    yeah... that's what's scary and must be improved in the NT.
    the fact that the other CBs look bad against him when compared.

15. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    the comparison isn't fair as everyone's making sure they're not watching Nagoya on a daily basis, he just looked bad against Kawasaki, and they also tried to forget what happened before the WC and the fantastic games against Ghana, Netherlands ... It's really been too long since the last NT game.

16. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Do you think Konno and Yoshida is better CB's than Tulio?

17. mushu21

mushu21 Member

May 18, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'd been in Japan last October - November and tried to watch some J League matches or highlights.
    And I must say Konno was looked like a better CB than Tulio at that time, even he was far from sensational.
    Tulio now is slow and likely to make odd mistakes now and then.

18. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    The FC Tokyo version of Konno is pretty much a beast, remember he got the J2 MVP award last year and he could have got it even at 50% of his capacities, and remember how he controlled Farfan when Peru came to Japan. The same Farfan who's one of the best players of the Bundesliga, a very strong and explosive one.

He's stuck in this situation in Osaka and it's really to difficult to work a way out of it at the moment. You gotta hope he comes back on track because Tulio spends more time asking for offsides than actually defending these days.

BTW, he just happened to be on the list of pre-called players, I wouldn't have asked for his presence otherwise. I will be fine with whoever goes.

19. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    For me, Konno is a good player. Tulio is better than Konno, but - until someone else shows up - Konno can be in the starting-XI.
    I'm sorry for Nakazawa, i would have liked to see him again with the JNT's shirt, but he's getting weaker and weaker, making more mistakes than ever in the last two seasons.

20. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Nakazawa was a lord for Japan, and I think that moment in March 2007 when he came out of retirement for Japan was one of the most important moments of the 2006-2010 cycle. However his career is done as far as his JNT career goes.

I can't actually make a judgement on Tulio vs. Konno only because I haven't watched them both in J.League recently. It'd be cool to see Tulio get a shot, but I think he doesn't want it anymore.

21. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It will take years before Japan gets a Nakazawa-Tulio duo again. They fkced up sometimes but when it counted the most they were world class.

22. KATO

KATO Member

Nov 26, 2011
    Manchester
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Probably won't be matched for a very long long time. Leading up to WC 2010 they were struggling, but when it really counted on the big stage they showed their abilities.

Yoshida-Konno combo still has two years to develop, except Hamada/Yamamura can't see anyone replacing them if Tulio is ignored.

23. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    ... and I'd let the newbies play on the big stage before stating they cannot be as good as Tulio - Nakazawa. Don't forget that Okada Japan 2010 was a very defensive minded team, it helps.

24. nsato

nsato Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Why are people talking about Konno and Tulio as if it's one or the other? If anything, Tulio would replace Yoshida, not Konno.

25. GunnerTNB

GunnerTNB Member+

Apr 4, 2011
    São Paulo
    Club:
    Botafogo Rio Janeiro
    Maybe Tulio could be used as a CF, he usually plays in that role at Nagoya...

Ok, just kidding :D