Official recruiting announcements - 2014

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by Sandon Mibut, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Hararea repped this.
  2. torwart

torwart Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Seriously? One guy? A "press conference" to announce 1 PLAYER?!?! Hahahha- I just find that humorous

3. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    A) I don't think it was an actual press conference as I can't imagine the press in Columbia caring enough to show up. It's just the coach in front of a camera speaking about his incoming players. And B) I suspect he just recorded sound on all of their verbals and they'll release the sound for each player when their paper work officially arrives.

SC usually has a rolling announcement and they add to it as the LOIs arrive.

It may be a flawed process but, believe me, it's a far better alternative than the coaches who announce nothing year after year.

4. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
  5. FLaves

FLaves Member

Oct 25, 2011
  6. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    unnamedsource repped this.
  7. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    BTW, to show I'm with the hip kids, I think we should post twitter announcements provided they are from an actual men's soccer program's account.

It's not how we've usually done things but it's how the world communicates information much of the time now and there's no reason we shouldn't adapt on this page.

SheHateMe, CCSoccerFan and 24Seven repped this.
  8. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    As expected, you will find that if you click on the SC link now that there are multiple new players listed and being discussed.

9. SJTillIDie

SJTillIDie Member+

Aug 23, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    INSIDE INFO! My week night league team often plays after the palo alto club team at our main field. I think last night I saw Stanford coach Jeremy Gunn signing a palo alto player to a letter of intent on a bench next to the field while I was warming up my tired old legs for a nice game of "who can make the most late tackles possible without getting sent off" with a bunch of 30+ year olds :ROFLMAO:

Sandon Mibut repped this.
  10. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001

SJTillIDie repped this.
  11. scoachd1

scoachd1 Member+

Jun 2, 2004
    Southern California
    Grimes got his Strikers player and usual fill of NorCal players. But this time he got U17 Nats player and also a player that not only is from outside of California, but is also from outside the US - Ugo Rebecchini from FC Bologna in Rome. If Grimes is getting an international player, imagine what we are going to see from the usual suspects who troll the international waters.

12. 24Seven

24Seven Member

Jan 31, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What is belittling comments overhead from Ray Reid reading Big Soccer, Alex?

13. CCSoccerFan

CCSoccerFan Member

May 2, 2009
    Hararea and Sandon Mibut repped this.
  14. CCSoccerFan

CCSoccerFan Member

May 2, 2009
    Wondering if new LA Galaxy II team has something to do with Hugo's NLI absence since he is on Galaxy Academy team?

15. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
  16. Hararea

Hararea Member+

Jan 21, 2005
    Have official tweets reached the status of official releases? Regardless, UCLA has announced two of it recruits that way, and Gasper is a noteworthy one, a US U18 who had previously been listed as a UVa commit.

SJTillIDie repped this.
  17. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    If they're from the school, then I think it's safe to assume they're official and as I said in the other post, I'm cool with tweets. (I'm hip. I'm with it. Taca, taca, taca...)

18. scoachd1

scoachd1 Member+

Jun 2, 2004
    Southern California
    From last year Day 1 (or possibly day 2 since late night posts show up as next):
    New Mexico (posted 2014)
    Charleston (posted 2014)
    West Virginia (posted 2014)
    Wake Forest
    Clemson
    Syracuse
    Indiana
    Louisville
    Evansville
    South Carolina (posted 2014)
    UCSB (posted 2014)
    Washington
    St. Louis
    Cincinatti
    Cal Poly (starting posted next day but likely late on West Coast) (posted 2014)
    Virginia
    Cal (posted 2014)
    Northwestern
    Marquette

Some new early announcements for 2014
    UCLA
    Oregon State

Early news is that most of the announcement have been made by the usual suspects up but overall announcements are down (or Sandon is looking less thoroughly), Pac-12 has half of teams make official announcements and ACC is off to a later start this year.

19. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    fknbuflobo and Sandon Mibut repped this.
  20. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. Hararea

Hararea Member+

Jan 21, 2005
    We've discussed the possibility of a backlash against MLS academies, since they've been yanking away players with homegrown contracts, sometimes before they really helped their college team. So far, though, there's no sign of that. Colleges are snapping them up, and even a small-market MLS academy like Sporting KC is expected to send a ton of players headed into D-I soccer this fall.

The biggest non-MLS academies are doing well, too. Seems like every current starter for the De Anza Force will be at a mid-major or better.

fknbuflobo and Sandon Mibut repped this.