Official Players En El Exterior Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by gringolimon, Jan 19, 2009.

1. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Re: Joaquín Botero & his new team: Club de Fútbol Correcaminos UAT

12th Game of Clausura 2009:
    Correcaminos lost at home 2-0 to Tigres B.

This was a game that they should have won easily. Immediately after the game, the coach resigned.

Surprisingly Botero played the entire game. What a trooper!

Correcaminos has 15 pts. and is currently 5th in their Group (2) and 17th in the overall table. They now have 3 wins, 6 ties, and 3 losses. With only 4 games left, they are 5 pts. behind the 8th and final spot for the playoffs.

Hopefully the new coach as well as Botero will help turn around the team`s misfortunates. On the bright side, if this teams doesn´t make it to the playoffs, I`m pretty sure there are going to many offers for Botero.
    Next Saturday, April 11th, they visit Dorados at 8 PM CST. Dorados is one of the top teams in the league. This will be a difficult game. Dorados B has 22 pts. and is 1st in the same Group and 4th in the overall table. Back in Feb., Correcaminos lost 1-0 at home to them.

This is a must win for Correcaminos.

Botero is the leading goal scorer for Correcaminos with 5. He is tied for fourth in the league behind 4 players with 6, 5 players with 7, and Nelson Maz (12).

To date, Botero has 5 goals in 11 games he has played.

2. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

^^^Interesting. Yea i am sure there are tons of mexican first division teams watering at the mouth to get their teeth into Botero.

Its hilarious isnt it, the leading goal scorer in argueably(sp) the toughest continent to quailfy to the world cup from, plays in the mexican SECOND division, and before that the bolivian league where he got his balls back.

3. bolivarista

bolivarista New Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Reston
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Well..hey looking at the title of this thread what are the chances of a teenager like me at 16years of age playing for sub-17 bolivian team...and what do you even have to do to get called up?

4. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    First thing you do is change your supporter and foe listing on BigSoccer :D

5. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Hmm... i think you would have to send a highlight tape of your stuff, to the FBF or find a contact over there. Then from there they could consider you to be called up to camp, like those kids that play for Milan's youth acadamy.

Where do yo uplay out of curiousity? I see reston, NCSL? Whats your team name? Div. 1?

Have you considered trying out for DC United's youth acd.?

6. bolivarista

bolivarista New Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Reston
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    yea exaclty...this summer that is where i was planning to go...and yea i play for reston U16 house league..ok that may not seem impressive but thats the only team available cause i signed up late

7. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    ^^^You have a LOOOONG way i hate to say it bud if you seriously want to be considered. I'd say playing in the youth acadamy for DC United would be your best bet to get you connected as a up and coming youth prospect abroad. Make waves there and then maybe they'll pay attention to you.

8. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Hey dude I coach a u-16 boys side in Arlington but we play PDL I have only seen two guys from here that I know go and play in bolivia. They both went in the summers and played for there local team's in Lapaz (del barrio) and after a couple of years after highschool they moved down and one guy signed up try out for mariscal brown and the other did the same with always ready they both played in the copa simone bolivar but that's as far as they got. I can tell u one last thing whatever you dont play with team America if u know who they are, we scrimmage them and we all ways kill half of those kids are bolivians and they are lied too so that the parents can open their wallets.

9. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Is this accurate fuego, I don't know all the ins and outs of MLS, so I could be wrong. I've heard that MLS teams don't really have a legit youth system yet and worse of all they aren't even allowed to sign their own youth team players. I think it's only like one player for every 3 yrs or some such. Sounds like a pretty lousy system IMO.

tisk tisk.........it's actually Mariscal BRAUN, as in Mr Braun:cool:

I think the posters best bet, is to head down to Bolivia and get Sanchez to become his padrino:p

10. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Its not completely legit yet, its fresh, and only a few years old. They are tyring to make it a full fledged program like many of the big clubs have. They already have great youth players among their ranks, many getting college scholarsihps, and DC United i believe being the best team by far. Although i dont see US ever doing away with college level completely, this is still a good form for players to go and play, as they dont have to pay alot if anything, as compared to club level select soccer where its crazy expensive, not to mention i would think bolivia would better recognize the level and play you are at if you come with your resume stating you play for DC Uniteds youth acadamy. I think that would help better, than say Mclean Celtic or something like that. The name would be recognizable.

But as far as teams signing these players straight from the acadamy, its not happening like that quite yet.

Personally i feel this countrty really emphasises school, and kids often will go to college, instead of playing pro if given the chance. Now things could change if kids can go straight to the pro game earning a decent living say 50-60k, and a chance to earn a degree while playing pro, say tuition re-imbursement??? I dunno i pondered this alot, and thats the conclusion i came to. Not many players go pro after this based on this, i know of one kid who was playing for the DC acadamy who had offers from MLS and abroad to play, but instead chose to go to UVA for a scholarship.

11. nopalnation

nopalnation Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    San Diego CA
    Club:
    CA Monarcas Morelia
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Cruz Azul | La Máquina presentó de manera oficial a Ronald Raldes como su refuerzo

Ronald Raldes fue presentado el día de hoy de manera oficial, como refuerzo de Cruz Azul. El defensor boliviano que fue contratado después de que Marcelo Carrusca causó baja del equipo tras una fractura en el hombro derecho, estará con La Máquina hasta el mes de diciembre

http://www.mediotiempo.com/noticia/78073/la-maquina-presento-de-manera-oficial-a-raldes/

12. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    So its a loan deal? Or a short term 6monthish contract like a test run?

13. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Where is Ricardo Pedriel (something like that)? How is he doing? Last I heard his team was pumping him up with Protein, Creatine and who knows what else to get him buffed up. I would love to know how he's panning out in a very physical league.

14. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    He had knee surgery i think in the off season, and is getting back to fitness, but is seen as a young prospect for them over there. Like an investment. I think he'll be ok.

15. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Raldes is there until December, and from there, up in the air. I think the question is the number of foreign players they have on their roster. If he impresses they might keep him, but if his agent knows how things are, he better start lining up another team.

16. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I would LOVE to see him come to the MLS and play for DC United, who needs a leader in the backline of our defense, and not to mention our international chance at again going to the Concacaf Champ. League. But i am affraid he may ask for more than DC could afford.

I think he should go back to Argentina if things dont work out in mexico. Hes a good fit over there.

17. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    We all agree that Argentina is a very physical league, he is the one player I can see in just about any league. I watched endless clips of him at Rosario, and the guy is pure class, strength and solid knowlege of game.

18. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Looks like he won´t see action until Round 14 of the Mexican League (about 2 weeks). Cruz Azul plays tonight in the CCL down 2-0. About 3 weeks ago, I would have been rooting for Puerto Rico Islanders; now I hope Cruz Azul wins so Raldes and the team have a shot at the World Club Cup. How funny things work, huh?

19. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    ^^^Yep. I guess i will be rooting for them too!

20. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    I believe that new team Seattle wanted to sign him before the season started, but they couldn't agree on salary.

21. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Oh really? how did you find that out??? They are a sick team, who is being very well run.

22. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Shakhtar wins 2-0 against Olympique M. Moreno didnt play, and dont think he was even a sub. Let's hope they can do the same away, with Moreno.

23. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

13th Game of Clausura 2009:
    Correcaminos lost on the road 2-1 to Doroados, which are now the second best team in the league.

Although this was going to be a tough, there were many opportunites where they could have stolen 3 pts or leave with a tie.

Botero played the entire game. This was Ricardo Chávez Medrano`s first game as the team`s new coach. What`s funny is that they call him El Diablo. I wonder if Botero made the connection. This coach played with the club from 93 up until his retirement in 97. Not trying to diss the guy but he comes from coaching teams in the 3rd Division, one of which were Champs and ascended so maybe that could be the main reason the organization hired him as they want him to try to do the same thing with Correcaminos. Anyway, on to the game...

It looks like it was a heart breaker. First, a player from Dorados get red carded 30 mins into the game Correcaminos couldn`t capitilize. What`s worse is that 3 minutes into the 2nd half, Dorados with 1 man down score. In th 64th minute, we tie it up and then soon after all hell broke loose. In the 72nd minute, a player from Correcaminos gets red carded and 4 minutes laters, another player from Correcaminos gets his second yellow card of the game and that leaves the team with 9 players. Just when it seemed that they would leave with a tie, Dorados score in the last minute.

After two games, Correcaminos still has 15 pts. and is currently 7th in their Group (2) and 20th in the overall table. They now have 3 wins, 6 ties, and 4 losses. With only 3 games left, they are 8 pts. behind the 8th and final spot for the playoffs. So yeah, they need to win all 3 games and hope for some good results in other games.

This Friday, April 17th, it doesn`t get any easier for them as they host Veracruz at 8:30 PM CST. Veracruz is currently tied with Dorados for second place and is only 1pt. behind the lider, Tijuana (hmm, maybe Tijuana will try to get Botero if they ascend). This will be another difficult game. Veracruz has 25 pts. and is tied for 1st in the same Group and 2nd in the overall table. On the upside, back in Feb., Correcaminos tied 0-0 on the road with them.
    This is a must win for Correcaminos.

Botero is the leading goal scorer for Correcaminos with 5. He is tied for fifth in the league behind 3 players with 6, 7 players with 7, Felipe Flores (8), and Nelson Maz (12).

To date, Botero has 5 goals in 12 games he has played.

24. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    No he wasn`t even a sub. FC Shakhtar Donetsk played today and won 3-0 in a league game against Arsenal. Moreno strated but subbed out in the 66 min. I hope its because they want him fresh for the second leg against Olympique M. this Thursday at 1:35 PM CST. Don`t see this game being televised in the U.S. but it will be televised on ESPN in Mexico.

25. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    ^^^How did he play? IMO i think this team doesnt fit Marcelo at all, he needs to find a loan with option to buy, because it seems no matter what he isnt a good fit at that team, even after getting tons of minutes.