Official Players En El Exterior Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by gringolimon, Jan 19, 2009.

1. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    What´s up everyone. I have decided to start this thread about Joaquín Botero´s season with his new team, Correcaminos UAT of Mexico´s Primera División "A". I hope to find fans both of Botero and the team in hopes of getting as much info of them both as the season continues. Nevertheless, I will be updating this thread with as much info as I come across.

[​IMG]

Here is a little bit of historical info regarding the team in the previous season:
    Correcaminos was 4 pts. behind the overall leader in the final league standings and they lost in the quarterfinals to the eventual champs (Querétaro) who now await the champs of this season for the right to ascend to the Mexican 1st Division.

It is my hope that Correcaminos makes it to the finals and defeats Querétaro in order to see them in the Mexican 1st Division.
    Botero originally had some visa issues as his status as ¨tourist¨didn´t admit him to play soccer in Mexico. It needed to change and such ¨delay¨continued up until this past Saturday when they announced that the issues were resolved and he would be available for Correcaminos´first game of the season, which was yesterday (Sunday).

1st Game of Clausura 2009:
    At the half, Correcaminos was losing 0-2 to Tapatío. However, in the second half, they tied it up, the second goal being in the 3rd minute of stoppage time. Botero came in at the 77th minute. I was fortunate to watch the game on TV and the team seemed a bit inconsistent but it got better as the game went on. Botero had some touches but it seems that he doesn´t fully have his legs under him yet. Either that or those are just his legs now. Hahaha. I hope not. I think it´s just all that traveling he did over the weekend and his inexperience with the team. Overall, it was a good start since they took away 1 point as visitors.
    This Thursday, they play their second game, which will be their home opener against Atlético Mexiquense at 8:30 pm CST. Atlético Mexiquense tied in their home opener (2-2) against Tampico Madero.

2. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Re: Joaquín Botero & his new team: Club de Fútbol Correcaminos UAT

Thanks gringo although I don't think every player abroad needs his own thread. I'll leave it for now. If it doesn't build I'll merge it with the 'Status of Bolivian Futbol and Players' thread.

3. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

I was thinking about that too but I couldn´t find it. Either way, it´s all good. Thanks.

4. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

Nice.

Thanks for the info bro!

5. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC

Traveling does alot of draining.

Well, I hope he shows more next time.

6. MarcoM3

MarcoM3 BigSoccer Supporter

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

Nah...those "are his legs" and that is as good as he gets. He is one of those players that really excel in the altitude of La Paz. But that is it.

7. joeski

joeski New Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

Botero's legs finally caught up to him after all those endless nights trying to dance at "Love City" disco in La Paz where he never paid cover charge and ate for free, I was a witness to this night after night when he was in his prime, anyhow I wish him all the best since he scores when we need him to in national world cup qualifying games. Not to change the subject but the new "shoot out" system when the game ends in a tie that they're using for the Aerosur cup in Bolivia reminds me of when MLS first started and it didn't quite worked out,I don't think it will work out in Bolivia.

8. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

Love city brings back memories, I wonder if its still open? That was back in 01-03 wow thats almost six years ago, man I am getting old.

9. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

They had/have a disco called ¨Love City¨ in La Paz?! Only in Bolivia! Damn, I gotta go back there.

10. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

According to the official website, Botero will be on the bench for the second game for the season, which is tomorrow (Thursday). It´ll be their home opener against Atlético Mexiquense at 8:30 pm CST. Atlético Mexiquense tied in their home opener (2-2) against Tampico Madero. Hopefully, he will get more playing time as he got a full week of workout with the team.

http://www.naranjadecorazon.com.mx/cms/content/view/135/161

11. joeski

joeski New Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

I hope for his sake this doesn't turn into the same experience he had with San Lorenzo,he left that team very upset because they wouldn't give him enough playing time.

12. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007

Welcome to the foro Joeski I hope you stick around, man this board is starting to get saturated with all you Cholis fans....ugh:p

I think the San Lorenzo situation was slightly different. If I remember correctly it was right when his father was very ill and would subsequently pass away a few months later. From what I've read, Botero wasn't right in the head at the time due to his fathers illness, who can blame him. I do agree that he seems to get very frustrated when he doesn't get playing time and his self confidence seems to fluctuate quite a bit. Either way I wish him well althouhg I think he's only good in La Paz.

13. joeski

joeski New Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

"I think he's only good in La Paz"

This is true but if you recall when he played with Pumas in the championship team he played very well, and it carried trough his play in the national team,I was in the stands when we beat Colombia that year ,he scored two goals and generated lots of exitement in the crowd. Sucha suarez rings a bell those years too ,what ever happened to him???

14. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

He's a bum he plays off the bench for National de Potosi

15. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

2nd Game of Clausura 2009:
    Correcaminos won their home opener 1-0 against Atlético Mexiquense. At the 64th minute, Botero came in and was in good form according to the site and that the only thing that is missing is for him to become more familiarize with his teammates. So maybe it was just ¨travel¨ legs. The team has a bye week coming up so this is a better chance for him to establish him fully.

Correcaminos has 4 pts. and is currently tied for 1st in their Group (2) and tied for 2nd in the overall table.
    Next Friday (the 30th), they play their 3rd game, at home against Tampico at 8:30 pm CST. Tampico has 2 pts. and is currently tied for 2nd in the same Group and tied for 4th in the overall table.

http://www.naranjadecorazon.com.mx/cms/content/view/137/163/

16. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

UPDATE

This Friday (the 30th), Correcaminos play their 3rd game, at home, against Tampico at 8:30 pm CST. I found out that this game is called ¨el Clásico Tamaulipeco¨ as both teams are from the same state (Tampico). It is the 25th time these teams will meet in this Clásico. No word on whether Botero will start but hopefully he will. This should be a packed house. What better time for Botero to score. :D

Correcaminos has 4 pts. and is currently tied for 3rd in their Group (2) and tied for 4th in the overall table.

Tampico has 5 pts. and is currently 2nd in the same Group and 3rd in the overall table. They have played 1 game more than Correcaminos.

17. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

For those who were wondering: Correcaminos have won 11 of the previous Clásicos, tied 6, and lost 7. Since the begining of 2007, 5 games were played in which Correcaminos won 3, tied 1, and lost 2. The last two games (in the Apertura 2008), Correcaminos won the first one and tied the last one.

18. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC

I heard Botero scored his first goal. HOpefully he scores a handful in this division.

19. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

3rd Game of Clausura 2009:
    Correcaminos tied at home against Tampico. in the ¨Clásico Tamaulipeco¨.

At the 70th minute, Botero who they call ¨el refuerzo de lujo¨ tied the game. Looks like he is coming around.

They didn´t televise the game here but I read that it was a good game but the Coach was upset with the result as were the players because they lost 2 points at home and they wanted to give their fans a win; they value and see how much their fans support them.

Correcaminos has 5 pts. and is currently 4th in their Group (2) and 12th in the overall table. They remain undefeated.
    Next Sunday (the 8th), they play their 4th game as they visit Tigres B at 11:00 am CST. Tigres B has 3 pts. and is 7th in the same Group and 19th in the overall table.

20. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

Hey gringolimon do you live in mexico?

21. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC

To follow Mexican Soccer this much, I would say yes.... That and his profile says his "Location" is Mexico. :D

22. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

I guess that answers your question. :)

23. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

4th Game of Clausura 2009:
    Correcaminos won 1-0 at Tigres B

The game winning goal came in the 59th by Botero. That´s 2 in a row. Could this be a Mexican remake of when Botero scored at least 1 goal in 6 consecutive games with Pumas and at least 1 goal in 7 of 8 consecutive games?

They didn´t televise the game here but I read that Correcaminos had control of the ball throughout the game and many opportunities to score. After Botero´s goal, the team kept attacking but couldn´t add to the lead.

Correcaminos has 8 pts. and is currently 2nd in their Group (2) and 7th in the overall table. They remain undefeated.
    Next Friday, the 13th (ah yeah!), they play their 5th game, at home, against the leader of the group (2nd overall in the general table), Dorados at 8:30 PM CST. This will be a good measurement of where the team currently stands.

24. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

4th and 5th Game of Clausura 2009:
    Correcaminos lost at home 1-0 to Dorados and then tied 0-0 on the road at Veracruz.

Correcaminos was ineffective throughout the entire game against Dorados, which the press says that this shows that against the best teams in the division, they don´t excel.

Against Veracruz this past Friday, Correcaminos was a different team as they played smart futbol and had many opportunities to score (the majority coming from Botero) but unfortunately, they did not.

Correcaminos has 9 pts. and is currently 4th in their Group (2) and 12th in the overall table. They now have 2 wins, 3 ties, and 1 loss.

This Wednesday, they play their 6th game, at home, against Pumas Morelos at 8:30 PM CST. Pumas Morelos has 6 pts. and is 7th in the same Group and 21st in the overall table.

25. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

7th Game of Clausura 2009:
    Correcaminos won at home 2-1 to Pumas Morelos.

They were tied up until the 65th minute when Botero scored the winning goal. It was off a free kick where the ball passed over the center area and when it seemed the ball was going out, out of no where came Botero ¨para levantar a la afición y hacer el gol del triunfo.¨

Correcaminos has 12 pts. and is currently 4th in their Group (2) and 12th in the overall table. They now have 3 wins, 3 ties, and 1 loss.
    This Saturday, they play their 8th game as they visit León at 7:00 PM CST. León has 12 pts. and is 3rd in the same Group (although they have the same pts. as Correcaminos, they are 3rd because they have a better goal differential: +3 vs. +2) and 8th in the overall table. This will be a good measurement of where the team currently stands as León is one of the other favorites to ascend to the 1st Division.

NOTE: I live about an hour and a half away from León so I´m going to try my best to make it to the game. If I do, I´ll be sure to take some pics and post it here. Also, I´ll have a better assessment of Botero and the team.