Official Olympiakos thread

Discussion in 'Greece & Cyprus' started by Icarus_222, Aug 9, 2006.

1. GW Emperor

GW Emperor New Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Olympiacos F.C. Update

On May 25th 2009, it was announced that Temuri Ketsbaia will manage Olympiacos from the 2009/2010 season, and will do so as part of a 3 year deal. Ketsbaia, who played for the Georgia national team, as well as club teams such as Newcastle United, AEK Athens, and Anorthosis Famagusta, began his management career with the latter, in which during his first full season with the club he helped the team win the Cypriot First Division championship. As well as this honour in 2005, he also won the league in 2008, and in 2007 won both the Cypriot Cup and Cypriot Super Cup. He also made Anorthosis Famagusta the first ever Cypriot team to qualify for the group stages of the UEFA Champions League, in which during the 2008/2009 campaign of the European competition, his team won one game, drew three, and lost two, which even though this mounted up to a 6 point total, they unfortunately finished bottom of their group, despite a very good showing. To qualify for the UEFA Champions League group stages his team happened to defeat Olympiacos by a 3-1 aggreagate.

On June 23rd 2009, Olympiacos completed the signing of English striker Matt Derbyshire on a four year deal. Derbyshire impressed during a loan spell with the club which ran from January 28th 2009 to the season close, in which in 13 appearances for Olympiakos, Derbyshire found the net 8 times. It is believed that the fee that Olympiacos payed Blackburn Rovers for his services was in the region of £3m.

2. antijuveavita

antijuveavita Member

Aug 2, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Kalimera
    could u please tell me where I can buy (on web) a pocket calendar with greek football schedule?
    thanks

3. wcssstar33

wcssstar33 Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like you guys get Jozy Altidore.

I wouldn't sleep on him. He didn't play at Xerez because the players at the club were mad that he would come in and just get playing time when they had been doing so well as a team.

I think he will figure in the starting lineup somewhere, his strength is amazing (see goal vs. Spain), and has great potential. he may hit some rough spots in the beginning as he would be getting his first regular PT in Europe, but come late 1st half of the season, he'll turn a few heads.

4. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I am off to watch AEK- OLYMPIACOS, at the first game of the season, my greek buddy wants to go in a official jersey, and i am scared that he does, hes greek but has never been to one game, and swears he'll be ok.....

Will he be ok, or will we be in danger? Its being played apparently at the olympic stadium, so its a neutral spot..... HELP!

5. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    could it be true? Nery Castillo coming back to Olympiakos?

6. El_Huero

El_Huero Member+

Dec 21, 2009
    EduarDitto "The Pelé of Anal"
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    this, can any Olympiakos fans confirm the recent rumors that Nery Castillo rejoined Olympiakos?

7. Bellof-3

Bellof-3 New Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Due to the information I have he will soon join olympiakos

8. El_Huero

El_Huero Member+

Dec 21, 2009
    EduarDitto "The Pelé of Anal"
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    :eek:
    Thanks man, but hey if you don't mind posting an article or press release about it when Olympiakos confirm Nery?

9. Bellof-3

Bellof-3 New Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Νο prob. Somewhere i read that he was in piraeus talking with the management. But I couldn't find the link

10. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    We got a couple videos of Nery speaking but we need a greek translator. Can someone help!!!!!!

11. Bellof-3

Bellof-3 New Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    post them. I'll help you

He signed olympiakos. it's official

12. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER2ThYjE6dw&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- ???????? ???????? 14/1[/ame]

13. Bellof-3

Bellof-3 New Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    He says he is very happy, after being anxious about the trasfer for a lot of days, as he wanted to return to the team for 2.5 years (since he left). The two teams have angreed about the transfer and only remain some paperwork and some examinations.

He wanted the transfer, as well as olympiakos fans and finally the teams management so the transfer took place.

It was difficult away from olympiakos, because it was a team he loved really much and had his best years there playing really good football, and he hope he proves that he is a good player because since le left the team he couldn't achieve his best.

Even if he didn't return to the team he believes that olympiakos must fight to the end for the championship. He says that the team has gone through tougher situation than just being 5 points behind panathinaikos and with the fans support they will achieve their goals

His choise was not on financial matters but because he loved the team and wanted to play football.

He must practice a lot because in ukraine the teams stop playog for some time due to cold

Hope I helped you

14. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Is it a loan deal?

15. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    18 month loan deal

16. El Washatero

El Washatero Member+

Nov 5, 2007
    AP Top 25!
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Subs to Nery pwnage

17. Horsehead

Horsehead Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Los Angeles
  18. greekgooner

greekgooner Member

May 25, 2009
    Club:
    Olympiakos Piraeus
    Thrylos!@!

Eirthe piso o Neri, bravo mas.

I was still pissed he left in the first place before but w/e. Now that Zico is gone, who is next into the musical chairs position that is our coaching spot.

19. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Do you have any info on the Nery saga?

20. El Washatero

El Washatero Member+

Nov 5, 2007
    AP Top 25!
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unsubs :(

21. greekgooner

greekgooner Member

May 25, 2009
    Club:
    Olympiakos Piraeus

Well, its not exactly well documented. Its been going on since he was linked with Chelsea a few years ago and before his move to Shaktar.

Neri always loved Greece and Olympiakos. He wanted to stay but was being tempted/unsettled by alot of speculation abroad. He signed a fatty contract with Shaktar and Olympiakos got a nice fee for him.

20M to shaktar IIRC.

Then he gets into this whole drama thing with his teamate because he refused to let him take a PK.

Neri then (this is the crazy part) pays HALF of his loan fee to go to Manchester City. He plays like 2 games and then goes back to Shaktar.

So moral of the story, don't leave Thrylos. No good comes of it :)

22. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I think he meant as of this month...his return to Olympiacos...

23. greekgooner

greekgooner Member

May 25, 2009
    Club:
    Olympiakos Piraeus

good pt.

Well, currently the drama is that Shakter feel like they got a bit burnt paying 20mil for a player that played like 10 games for them.

They were going to loan them, now apparently reports are surfacing that he will only be sold, not loaned. Thrylos offered something like 750K which is nothing and Shaktar are balking now.

Time will tell, Monday something is going to be announced.

Neri wants Oly. Shakter isn't going to just hand him over.

24. nick_3f

nick_3f Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Thessaloniki
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Olympiakos - Levadiakos 5-1 at 21st day of Superleague.
    Olympiakos is 2nd now with 46 points, 6 less from first Panathinaikos
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBTOGOCymto"]YouTube- Matchday 21: Olympiakos 5-1 Levadiakos (Olof Mellberg 19', Matt Derbyshire 36' 53', Mitroglou 83' 90' - Taralidis 41')[/ame]