Official National Team Thread 2014 Edition

Discussion in 'El Salvador' started by Grimmjow316, Jan 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    While their reasons may be valid and true, we DO need a saviour right now; somebody to start from complete scratch and bring this team up from the dirt they are deep in atm.

I'm obviously a dreamer and a believer, but in a year I want them to be rapping Drake's song: started from the bottom now the whole team here! ;)

I vote Roca for ES coach

2. Droman x

Droman x Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    El Marcador ‏@elmarcadortv 2h
    El colombiano Eduardo Lara, excandidato a seleccionador de #Panamá, estaría firmando esta semana con El Salvador.

Don't know how reliable the source is but this week Lara will sign?

3. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Well Hopefully he does, he renowned for using young players and be very strict with them (which could beneficial since so many times in the past some players have lost their cool in the most important section of the matches...could also be beneficial for Alex Larin) .

According to El Salvador FC, he wants to bring Jamie de la Pava (ex coach of FAS) and Jose Silva as his assistant and he wants to bring Rodrigo Larrahondo as his team fitness coach.
    External Links: http://elsalvadorfc.com/eduardo-lozano-en-la-mira-de-la-selecta

I Like bringing back Jamie de la Pava though i would love the other assistat coach to be salvadorian like Mauricio cienfuegos or Hugo Perez

4. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Huh, maybe it was just Cienfuegos, couldn't find that article I thought I read anywhere....my bad.

Why os Roca honestly being considered? Is it just because he is a Spaniard? He was part of Barcelona's two failure seasons before Pep came in, and he didnt do anything extraordinary in Saudi Arabia. I would honestly like Pua or Lara as NT coach, and Hugo Perez/Diaz Arce for the u17, and leave Tuco for the u20 because hes worked hard and well with them

5. Droman x

Droman x Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah I'm pretty sure it was 100fires but thinking about it maybe Lara could be a wise choice he is very strict and has very good experience with Colombia has won some cups hopefully by this week it could be a done deal. And why are maybe people thinking Hugo Perez would be better? Has he won something just because he is Salvadorian doesn't mean he could be our savoir just saying.

6. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    The only reason I would lean towards Roca would be because he has written a few books in terms of physical and psychological preparation for footballers something we desperately need for me it's between him and the Uruguayan who has lots of NT coaching experience.

The Colombian eeh I'm not sure if they are just riding the current trend since PAN, HON and CR all have Colombian coaches and hope to strike oil with this guy, Who btw was also trying for the Panama job prior. Also not a big fan of De La Pava he didn't show me much with FAS and was quick to bolt.

7. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I'm happy with Lara as NT, as for Roca it'd be cool if he was assistant manager or if he worked with the underage players. We need all the help we can get.

8. gv689

gv689 Member

Mar 31, 2005
    Ok real quick.
    1 Why would Hugo leave the us youth system which he has nurtured to what it is now to go do it for ES? I mean seriously, you really think he wants a youth job in ES? Never. That's just funny
    2. El Salvador barely has a budget for its senior side, so they won't be paying more (since they have to steal the rest ) for youth coaches or assistants.
    3 Hugo is being considered because he knows the players here and how the game is played over there, which Roca is clueless about.
    4 . I'm tired of this "he needs more years under his belt" the man is 50, aside from Magico he is the most successful salvadorean to get out of the country. His time is now and believe me he can't do worse than what they are now. Maybe in return at the minimum El Salvador will have an actual youth system and curriculum.

We need to stop with this assistant from Barcelona garbage. I don't care, he doesn't know anything about the country or the players, he knows about European players. If he was that good and experienced he'd actually have been a first team coach somewhere else already. All he's been is an assistant (to teams that matter)
    Bring in new ideas and the overall change with someone who knows what it takes in the trenches of CONCACAF not just a shiny resume

9. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Why would we put a coach who has never coached a first division team, much less a NT, when we want a competitive, attacking team? If a person really cares, he would come a build here so ES would be better prepared and looks better. Simple. Is he here for money? Hes not gonna get any if he comes to ES, everyone knows that.

10. gv689

gv689 Member

Mar 31, 2005
    At some point in time someone's going to have to give him a job to take away that"he's never been a first team coach"

All I'm saying is you're not gonna get little pieces here and there. ES can't afford it so you're gonna have to bring someone for the whole package. From ages 7- adult. You think The other candidates would do it?
    Remember the point is to get Hugo to leaveUS Soccer, he's only going to leave for the first team. Nothing else.
    Also Roca is in Saudi, imagine the kind of money he's making. El Salvador has a budget of 25k per month for the entire staff. I don't know if those guys will take that little

11. gv689

gv689 Member

Mar 31, 2005
    And also, yes money does come into the picture. This isn't a charity case and about caring. ES needs to step up and if they want something they need to pay for it. I'm tired of holding them to a lower standard while fesfut steals all the money. People have families, they need to pay up, not expect pro bono work

12. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Well, if Hugo hasnt been picked up by another team, theres gotta be a reason. Why is it so bad for him to go to ES and work with the young kids? Hes doing it in the US. Pua and Lara both worked with their respective u20s and NTs. Lara even worked with The u17 in colombia. So yes, I think if need be, these guys would work with the young men as well.
    As for the money, Lara and Pua are working in clubs in SA (forget Roca, hes a pushover who I still think doesn't do much with any team he's been with). How mu h more money can they be making if they work there? Not much more than La Sele is gonna give, I highly doubt that. While you are right in saying that ES has to step up, no one is gonna come in and save the day unless they WANT to help ES, we aren't Spain or Brazil to get coaches that want a raise for every game they win (not saying they do, just pitting putting that out there). When we start qualifying to WCs and start doing more in GCs and in the Copa Centro America then we can fancy paying more and having more money to spend. ES won gold in 02', automatically in the WCQ in 06' we almost made the WC. Those steps and foundations are needed for all this to become a bigger better NT and a place everyone Wants to come work in

13. mavericks67

mavericks67 Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Club:
    Alianza FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Hugo is 50 but his resume is not respected. He was a candidate for the FC Dallas job, but lack of experience hurt him.

14. gv689

gv689 Member

Mar 31, 2005
    I get that, I really do. Someone somewhere will have to give him a chance though. Guardiola didn't have a resume but he made one with quality work. Not comparing. Just an example
    My point is this. From what I've read and heard in El Salvador, it's down to 2 candidates and Hugo is one of them.
    Is it the worst thing in the world if he gets it, will they be worse...no.
    If anything they will be better and he presented a 15 year plan for youth development and national team programs. He plans to start coaching education and build a system similar to the Netherlands, obviously funding is completely different but the idea is similar since they are small countries.
    I think even if he fails they will succeed in 10 years because of what he started.

15. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Dunno how old you are, but I was younger, it was so hard to get a part time job because I didn't have previous experience, because I didn't have a part time job, because I didn't have experience. Notice that there's a cycle going? Eventually that cycle broke and I finally found a job. It's the same situation with Hugo; you gotta start somewhere, so at some point someone has to break Hugo's cycle.

See now this is interesting; it's worked for the US youth system, who's to say it won't work in ES? Obviously it's not a cure-all, but it'll benefit ES majorly. I like this very much.

16. gv689

gv689 Member

Mar 31, 2005
    The challenge in the US is the size of the country. El Salvador would be simpler. It just needs the support and attention

17. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    That may be true, but with USA having a larger population there is automatically more competition amongst the players to work harder than each other to earn the US call up.

Salvadorans need to have this mentality too, I feel like some of the regular national players take their caps for granted and think they're just gonna be called up just like that, that needs to change.

18. mavericks67

mavericks67 Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Club:
    Alianza FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    #218 mavericks67, Mar 23, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
    Less than three months away before La Selecta begins international play once again. It's been for ever...
    Bigsoccer board, I have tickets for the best price in our section where we will have instruments and be singing like "el vietnam" en el cusca. Currently about 100 out of 300 of the tickets we have have sold. If you are interested in joining us in the vision of one day have a dedicated supporters group here in the US for El Salvador, please send us a message to our facebook. Tail Gate information soon to come. Ariva La Selecta!

Tickets are $20!

https://www.facebook.com/BichosUnidos1

19. mavericks67

mavericks67 Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Club:
    Alianza FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Also PEP or anyone in the Washington D.C area, I need help with a contact on purchasing group tickets in the appropriate section so we can be allow with instruments, flags, and banner. We are taking a bus from Dallas Texas to the Spain vs El Salvador game. Room is still available by the way,

20. William Flores

United States
    Apr 17, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll be sure to contact you guys when I get off work !

21. TBR

TBR Member

Mar 15, 2007
    DMV
    Club:
    CD Aguila
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Well to be honest Mav, I've never really dealt with big group/supporter type stuff to know how to help you. I reccomend you contact La_Selecta twitter account because a few a them who control that account/FB page may be of better help to you.

mavericks67 repped this.
  22. TBR

TBR Member

Mar 15, 2007
    DMV
    Club:
    CD Aguila
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Gonna be real interesting to see who's called up and plays come late May/June. So many of our mids are on fire and deserving a spot as a starter. Larin, Mayen, Alas, Maldonando etc... and same as it ever was, all our forwards, very cold lol. I can't be alone in feeling this combination of excitement and feeling that we aren't ready for IC/Spain. Guess I should just be grateful they have these games, but would like them to put on a respectable showing.

mavericks67 repped this.
  23. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

Another guy who has fallen off is Isidro he came on as a sub and I haven't heard his name at all this season. So far the only striker doing anything is old man Reyes. I wish the clubs would quit buying foreigners in the striker position and actually develop the local talent.

William Flores repped this.
  24. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Looking at how the rest of the region and how these guys have already lined up friendlies while we wait till the last minute smh at how Gochez keeps his job.

Anywho here is the friendly count.
    WC teams
    USA: 4
    Mexico: 4
    Honduras: 3
    Costa Rica: 2

Rest of region
    Canada: 4
    Jamaica: 4
    Panama: 3
    T&T: 2
    Guatemala: 1

None lined up
    Cuba
    Haiti
    Nicaragua
    Belize

Now Canada has lined up friendlies against Panama (Nov 18th) & Jamaica (Sep. 9th) I'm surprised that Gochez didn't push for a friendly at a later date because these two games hadn't been set yet at the time.

Enough of my rant like post supposedly in around 10 days we might here something from FESFUT over the NT coach situation.

25. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Man they've been saying that for a month now. I wouldn't be surprised if we had the 2 friendlies with an interim coach.