Official National Team Thread 2014 Edition

Discussion in 'El Salvador' started by Grimmjow316, Jan 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    ^ Shit we could use one as a striker >_>

All the ones we have right now aren't doing so well, it says a lot when Larin who isn't even a FW is scoring more goals than anyone else in the league or abroad ATM.

2. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    mitebecool.jpg

3. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Shietttt we could use one aswell lol

4. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
  5. Mago Cuscatleco

Sep 17, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Where is Jose PeNa? he seemed promising?

6. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    He was picked up by FAS and is either sitting on the bench or playing with the reserves. It would have been promising if the team didn't pick up Mazzia a few days later.

7. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Don't yall have a rule on playing U-21 players?? They have to play a certain amount of minutes within a torneo or the club gets fined or something??

8. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Dude used to train with Sevilla and had a great performance in the U-20 WC last year, what's he doing as a FAS reserve? :mad:

9. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    No most coaches have played the young players from the reserves but as it stands there is no rule to make them play. The problem is no one has patience which hasn't change given the coaching carousel.

The one positive is that some of the youngin's have outperformed the dinosaurs still playing, but without consistent coaching like I mentioned above it will be hard for the rest to get playing time since naturally everything is result driven.

I can't say what happened during his time in Sevilla, but I wish he would have found a way to stay, he had a meh WC to be honest. I do with FESA would update the site though I think it still list him under Sevilla. I think in the end it comes down to FESA and their agents since they hold a majority of the contracts of players currently in the first division.

10. Mago Cuscatleco

Sep 17, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Damn, oh well.... I thought the u20WC players would be shining by now

11. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Victor Pua, one of the three coaches being looked at, seems lile the best option to me. Coached the u20 of Uruguay in 98 and got second place, coached Uruguay senior nt and got 2nd in 99 copa America. Barely missed out on KO stage in 02, getting 3rd place in their group.

12. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    Same old story none of our clubs can and don't even want to try and develop players. Our young players have to either sink or swim on their own while they bounce around from club to club trying to find playing time. I wish that Fesa had continued their partnership with Marte and just brought up to first division the players that were ready phasing them into the club slowly making sure they got playing time.

13. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Maybe with this u17 tournament that can change?

14. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    The thing is we need to see a huge improvement on the pitches and more fields to be made that is the very thing that could lead to a bigger advancement.

15. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    After the u-20 WC I was expecting several players to sign abroad, heck we were getting rumours like Granitto going to Argentina etc, but nooo.

I wonder the same thing about Cristian Bustillo, how do you go from Sevilla C then to back to ES?

Wow it's been a few years later yet FESA still doesn't update their site? Damn.

The U-20 team got some prize money for being in the group stage of the WC didn't they? I would like to think they capitalised on earning that money

16. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    First they need to stop recycling coaches a lot. We need coaches who are not just there to coach during match but outside games also have some sort of "projects" for long term for clubs.

We don't even have any coaches left that can even coach the national team. Basically Portillo is left but he's not professional enough. Jorge Rodriguez could be an option but it's his 2nd season in the league, so it's too early to say. Chochera Castillo was basically the last one in the league that was good enough for the job.

We need to some how start getting some professional coaches in the league. That are willing to look through reserves, giving minutes to young players, have fresh ideas for the club, and etc. This could get some coaches exported to other league. Maybe not big clubs but it would be a start for experience and can leave them being options in the future when the national team cannot afford to get a coach from another country.

17. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Well this is the biggest downside to the Apertura/Clausura set up it makes results 10x more vital than actual development. So far Juventud Independiente is the only club who has the longest tenured coach in Juan Ramon Sanchez, outside of that most are in their first or second season. So far the only other team that has looked solid in brining up youngin's is Atlético Marte the rest opt to just negotiate with FESA. As it stands the only coach that we have currently abroad would be Ángel Orellana but most he's done is bounce around Nicaragua and I think he is back in El Salvador.

I think if they went back to the old setup we might see an improvement considering most of the clubs spent a good chunk of the season playing friendlies against second division and Guatemalan clubs. It would also help if they brought back la Copa Presidente for the first division so that way it can open up more playing time for younger players and other nationals who get pushed aside for shitty foreign players (I'm looking at you Alianza) similar to how most Liga MX clubs have used the Copa MX for, I would say involve the second division but most would opt out due to lack of funds i.e. Once Municipal comes to mind if any one is up to date on their current situation.

18. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
  19. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    That's a hell of a lot of money. We could get better than the 3 options rumored.

20. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Has the Federation try getting Diaz Arce or Hugo Perez for the U17? I know they tried getting the for the Senior team. I think it could work out this year. With Alfaro only have to worry about the U20/23 and leaving Diaz Arce or Hugo Perez working with the U17 I think it wouldn't be a bad idea. Having Hugo Perez as coach and Diaz Arce as assistant coach wouldn't be a bad idea either.

21. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    These guys were saying they didnt wanna coach due to the lack of structure and they say theres no 'base' to start with. In other words, no where to begin.

This article here does list Hugo Perez as a possibility for the coaching role though. Personally, I want Victor Pua, but it seems like Roca is in the prime position to get the job
    http://www.edhdeportes.com/movil/in...-son-los-candidatos-para-dirigir-a-la-selecta

22. Droman x

Droman x Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Cienfuegos was the only guy saying about the lack of structure and the no base stuff. I would want Roca to be our coach even though Uruguayan coaches have good numbers with La selecta hmmm and Lara got 3rd place with Colombia in the u 20 world cup.....But it's taking forever for them to decide.

23. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    And Diaz Arce. Ill look for the article right now.
    But Pua took the Uruguay u20 to 2nd place, and he took the Uruguay NT to second place, so...

24. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Victor Pua for sure. I would like Hugo Perez as U17 coach so he can move up to U20 the following year and El Tuco could probably end up being an assistant coach in the future or coaching in the Salvadoran league.

25. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I agree on Hugo being the coach of the youth sides don't think he is ready for the seniors as some others have made the push for him Diaz Arce etc to get it but I think they are years away and would be better suited as setting up the process for the youngin's. So far it looks like Roca would be the front runner I wonder who else had tried because before Perez they said it didn't look like any nationals were in the running.