Official National Team thread - 2012 Edition

Discussion in 'El Salvador' started by slaminsams, Jan 6, 2012.

1. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    Yeah I get the frustration and how this looks bad for our football. However this one isn't on the fed they actually and surprisingly did things right for the most part on this one.

INDES is a government agency whose current President is La Chelona. INDES is supposed to support and grow sports in El Salvador however under La Chelona they have done a terrrible job and I would argue actually regressed some sports in the country. We can now add futbol to the list of sports were they have now done more harm then good. However Israel deserves a lot of the blame for what happened and how it happened there really isn't any reason to blame FESFUT on this one except for maybe how FESFUT's president handled La Chelona but La Chelona is more to blame then Mendez.

2. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    Sarulyte is now the head coach

3. Mapo818

Mapo818 Member

Mar 21, 2008
    Van Nuys , CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sarulyte - interim ? or new coach title ...

However , good point ... in the contract , does Ruben have the right to just leave ?

Contract disputed ??

4. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    I hope Sarulyte is just an interim coach nothing official yet
    He did have it in his contract that he could just leave. Physical coordinator Nicolas Dos Santos is also leaving the national team I am not sure why

5. Mapo818

Mapo818 Member

Mar 21, 2008
    Van Nuys , CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i think Nicolas Dos Santos leaving cause Ruben hired him... there's no reason for him to stay unless new coach has someone else in mind ....

6. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I feel that it will be Sarulyte interim until the u20 quals are done then either Portillo or Tuco will be front runners. I personally don't like any of the choices if it goes along those lines.

As for Israel he did help in a lot of things but if he was never committed that's a damn shame because the player were really buying in.

Edit: I just hope they don't revert everything back to what it was now that he left.

7. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    Instead of moving on right away and finding a replacement FESFUT plans to try and persuade Israel to come back before they begin looking for who will be next. Looks like we will be without a clear decision on who our next coach will be for a while

In Israels note to FESFUT he takes credit for just about every single thing that is positive that has happened in our football even though he had very little to do with most of it. He takes credit for achieving a high FIFA ranking even though that takes into account a 4 year average and one of the reasons we got a big boost is because old bad results were no longer counted as much as the more recent results we got with DLC, Rugamas and only part of Israels tenure in which we played a lot of weak Caribbean sides. He also takes credit for the U23 squad even though he went out of his way not to be involved with it all.

8. salvatruco21

salvatruco21 Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Centreville
    Club:
    CD Atletico Balboa
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    dont put in rugamas cuz he only beat scrubs cuba haiti nicargua and belize that were his only victorys i dont judge israel cuz is true what he said in the letter chelona tried to put his name in dirt but saying to the press he offended all the journalist and the people of el salvador for only what a misiery salary oh wait that just got denied by one of the biggest name in el salvador (which now he became from a hero to a villan) this is the first time fesfut were doing the right thing givng them time to train giving him friendlys with good rivals it just to bad they didnt leave the guy in peace that we got to open our big mouth and i mean you criticize but why to the point we offend if i were to worked in a place where they didnt like me i would be looking for a job too and that what happen there were someone who really wanted him as coach and really trust him at this point i just leave it sureyte for the coach or maybe hoping the feds can convince him but that in my heart i know it wont happen

9. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    I only put in Rugamas record because those wins helped the FIFA ranking it wasn't Israel's wins that did it alone and he shouldn't take credit for it.

Any coach will be criticized though even Guardiola the year he won the treble with Barca was criticized. Israel got treated with kid gloves compared to how Suarez is being treated in Honduras or Pinto in Costa Rica even things being said about Almeida in Guatemala are harsher then anything said about Israel. If he can't handle being criticized then he should find a new profession. He is only using La Chelona as an excuse he had been taking interviews even before La Chelona got involved his heart was never in this job. La Chelona was just that last push for a coach that already had a foot out the door.

Mago Cuscatleco repped this.
  10. mcdwg76

mcdwg76 Member

Jan 30, 2009
    OKinawa, Japan
    Club:
    Alianza FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    We were going forward with players leaving for better leagues, decent friendlies, good game in Costa Rica, decent play with Mexico and more good friendlies before a sure win against Guyana (in my mind anyways) C'mon we just needed someone with character enough to take the helm and Israel seemed fit with the job, but no no no Jaime Rodriguez to the rescue against this evil person talking against the entire country (did anyone ask him to?), was there an outcry from the public? in the social media to stop this tyrant Israel? Not even the Salvadorean media said anything because deep down it's true what he said.

In the end I'm still waiting from that day in 1989 when I first saw La Selecta for a team I can cheer at in the world cup, DeLos Cobos came close but again the incompetence and individual interests of some individuals in power won over futbol. I remember when la fesfut was audited and they found some guy that had stolen about 20 G's and when they asked him about it and he said " well it's only 20 G's, some other guys have stolen way more" It sounds comical but that is reality in nuestro futbol. Arriba mi Selecta anyways, always with some hope.

11. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Rodriguez speaking for the people and before Rodriguez was making a big deal about it there were no comments on it on El Salvador soccer sites, nobody seem bothered by it, and nobody really cared. Once Rodriguez starts talking about how butt hurt he is that's when things got worse and afterwards some of the people at Fanaticos +. One of the things I don't like Fanatico + most of the time they act too dramatic, they need to chill, act professional, and just give the soccer news and give a small opinion instead of those long boring repetitive opinions for nothing.

12. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Isn't his son on the show or something they do take things dramatic they basically are the Salvadorian version of Futbol Picante.

13. Mago Cuscatleco

Sep 17, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    In respect to the media its always gonna be the same, talking out of thier asses and blowing things out of proportion.anywhere u go usa,canada,latin america,europe,africa it doesnt change.Israel leaving doesnt surprise me at all. He had a tiny window of opportunity with another club abroad...he knows in el salvador they were getting frustrated with him...as crazy as it sounds he would have gotten fired if he tied with guyanna. In september he would have had no job. Who i would like to see as coach would be alfaro

14. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    Yeah his son is in that show he wasn't on last night though. Hearing Norberto Huezo yesterday was just sad all he is is La Chelonas mouth piece. He was so shaken by all the criticism he didn't even give his opinion on who the new coach should be he just gave one long speech about Israel and complained about how he was being criticized which is stupid because his whole big speech was about Israel not handling criticism.

There are no good guys in all this La Chelona abused his power yet again, our reporters acting very unprofessional yet again and a coach that never cared about our football and bolted as soon as another job became available not even giving our fed the curtsy of discussing it before leaving.

15. salvatruco21

salvatruco21 Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Centreville
    Club:
    CD Atletico Balboa
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    This lpg twitter interview with israel just a little part but the important part why he left

Israel: "Volví a Uruguay a preparar el trabajo de seis meses para la Azul y al día siguiente leo la decisión absurda de Jaime Rodríguez".

Expand Collapse

39m[​IMG]LPGdeportes@LPGdeportes
    Israel: "Durante todo el año tuve ofertas, siempre he tenido ofertas, gracias a Dios he tenido una carrera exitosa".

Expand Collapse

40m[​IMG]LPGdeportes@LPGdeportes
    Israel: "Cañada es independiente, no tiene nada que ver con el grupo de Jaime Rodríguez. Es una persona capacitada".

Expand Collapse

40m[​IMG]LPGdeportes@LPGdeportes
    Israel: "Yo pedí que me cambiaran a Rugamas porque quería estar libre de la injerencia de Jaime Rodríguez".

Expand Collapse
    42m[​IMG]LPGdeportes@LPGdeportes
    Ruben Israel: "Yo le fui leal al comité ejecutivo de la FESFUT".

Expand Collapse

44m[​IMG]LPGdeportes@LPGdeportes
    Israel: "No quise ser cómplice silencioso de la corrupción, de la lucha de poderes en el fútbol salvadoreño".

Ruben Israel: "Jaime Rodríguez me dijo que quiere ser el presidente de la FESFUT".

Expand Collapse

44m[​IMG]LPGdeportes@LPGdeportes
    Ruben Israel: "Jaime Rodríguez se cree imprescindible para la sociedad futbolística y eso le hace daño al país".

45m[​IMG]LPGdeportes@LPGdeportes
    Israel: "El problema con Jaime Rodríguez comenzó cuando separé del cuerpo técnico a Rugamas".

Expand Collapse

46m[​IMG]LPGdeportes@LPGdeportes
    Ruben Israel: "Jaime Rodriguez habla de ética y moral y él obligó a los jugadores a tirarse en la Copa de Naciones ante CRC".

Expand Collapse

47m[​IMG]LPGdeportes@LPGdeportes
    Ruben Israel: "Yo no fui a guerrear a El Salvador. Yo fui a dirigir. Y cuando ya no pude dirigir, opté por retirarme".

Expand Collapse

1h[​IMG]LPGdeportes@LPGdeportes
    Dennis Alas, capitán de la Azul: "Ojalá que esto (la salida de Israel) no afecte la eliminatoria".

16. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    So after all that time of him saying he had nothing to do with kicking Rugamas out he now admits he did it. Honestly when you read the interviews he did in Uruguay compared to what he would say in El Salvador its hard to believe anything he says. He doesn't mention that while on vacation he was taking job interviews and didn't tell FESFUT about it until he was caught and tried to spin it as talking to friends even though the club president admitted it was a job interview. This guys has lied so many times he has lost all credibility.

The next options you would figure are:
    Mauricio Alfaro
    Agustin Castillo
    Juan Sarulyte
    Edwin Portillo
    A foreign coach since it seems Carlos Mendez favors foreign coaches

17. mavericks67

mavericks67 Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Club:
    Alianza FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
  18. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    If you think about it other countries will take this as a "joke" and coaches from outside of El Salvador will most likely not want to coach El Salvador soon because of this situation.

Sucks how pretty much one person ruined their El Salvador's chance to actually keep a good coach for the fubol national team that was actually getting them good results.

Rodriguez also thought he wasn't a good coach that he was all "smokes and mirrors." Ruben showed results El Salvador mostly won and tied their games. If Rodriguez didn't think he was a good coach then why didn't he help find a better one and pay him along with the other people in INDES with their money.

19. salvatruco21

salvatruco21 Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Centreville
    Club:
    CD Atletico Balboa
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Why some ask for tucO didnt u guy saw what he did the Olympic he lets his ego in front of the team when he decieds to leave the sub last 10mins while losing having a striker in the bench and puts a midfielder he did twice now imagine with older players it would be same case reguamas and fito and the players the one who got the tied with USA not tuco

20. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    I wasn't asking for Tuco I just put his name in because you would figure he is among the potential candidates personally I don't like his style of coaching or his player selection.

21. Mago Cuscatleco

Sep 17, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Ruben had 8 games out of 9won against the caribe. I would rather have tuco then sarulyte. who was dlc as a coach before el Salvador nobody. Who was he after he left nobody. Ruben Israel will go down that same path. We in el Salvador make these gods out of coaches when in reality it is our players who have the skill and ability they just need to have organization.and to that I don't give any of the glory to dlc or Ruben I give it to indes fesfut fesa and the government of ESfor bringing structure and a certain standard that keeps on getting exceeded every year. From metapan to Santa teclas field to having players abroad Ruben or dlc didn't do that they were handed over gems and were seen as the geniuses.

22. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    I didn't like how he handled the u23. He only went with a set back 4 and when Larin was suspended there was no real defenders to cover him since Tuco didn't take any that is despite the fact that we were playing a game every 2 days in the group stage. Even if it was just to avoid tired legs he should have taken back up defenders. I also didn't like how he manged the USA game. Ideally we should get a coach that can work with the guys on getting more organized defensively and I don't think Tuco can do that.

23. salvatruco21

salvatruco21 Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Centreville
    Club:
    CD Atletico Balboa
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    the team look a lot diffrent cobos wasnt a nobody in el salvador he just had came from almost getting fas a champion look to have competive team you need the player what we got and a leader who can lead something for example olympics qualfier we had the players skills we just didnt have good coach our system is so mest up you have coaches who never coached en la liga mayor like tuco rugamas they just friend that has power or just cuz were a player in a team that made it to a world cup

24. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Structure? Really now that's a stretch I mean before hand they still wouldn't release players and miscommunication still exist between those government bodies if they fix that I would agree.

25. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    For mean while in the friendlies they should have Agustin Castillo coach the the team and have Sarulyte be his assistant by telling Castillo what he learned from Ruben and what he used in his tactics.

I wonder if the Federation could afford any of these coaches
    • Nelson Acosta (Chile)
    • Diego Aguirre (Uruguay)
    • Gregorio Perez (Uruguay)
    • Alfio Basile (Argentina)
    • Luiz Felipe Scolari (Brazil)
    • Takeshi Okada (Japan)
    • Otto Rhhagel (Greece)
    • Guss Huddink (Netherlands)
    • Pim Verbeek (Netherlands)
    • Philippe Troussier (France)