Official National Team thread - 2012 Edition

Discussion in 'El Salvador' started by slaminsams, Jan 6, 2012.

1. acuseone

acuseone Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Question, i know their are plenty of videos around. But i'm curious how good is maikon.. I hear a lot of great things about him that he balls very well. But anyone have any insight on how his talents will be of benefit to our NT not just that but is he good at a professional level or just at a sub18 and reserve squad scale. Now im not saying their are no standouts and i hope he is one of them..How about efrain..any word? besides videos of course...? Am i the only one that would like odir flores to stay with the NT ..he's a great player..nice fine touch..sadly he has been hurt in the past but i seem him as a younger maybe even more agile cristian castillo..but he's more ballsie in the sense he will shoot from anywhere..

2. LASalvie

LASalvie Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I had the opportunity to see him during the Sub23 combine here in LA and I'll tell you this, he is a beast! Plays like Messi or Geo Dos Santos, fast with the ball and very strong. He brings a whole other dimension to ES. And he is only 18 yrs old. He's playing on the RSL reserve squad, but can be playing on the 1st team. Plus he is down to earth, humble.

3. acuseone

acuseone Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    See, now you're making me feel bad. I stay in Los Angeles as well and he was one of the reasons as to why i was going to go peep out the sub23 to see what they were working with but due to unexpected thing...i was unable to do so. BUT the fact that someone is categorizing him in a scale such as messi just means i have to see it. From the looks of things..he has no problem..getting around players...i really want him to be a part of our nt if and only when he is the best asset to ur NT and not a slot being used up..Hope he has a chance to shine..if he does well in the friendlies and eliminatorias...u can bet your bottom dollar his stock will rise...thanks champ.

4. salvatruco21

salvatruco21 Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Centreville
    Club:
    CD Atletico Balboa
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Why dont they call up motor contrearas he is way better then dagoberto

5. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Agreed. Benji or El Motor need call ups.

6. lchino84

lchino84 New Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Anybody going to Costa Rica to watch the game?

7. BigDreams

BigDreams Member

Aug 22, 2010
    Windsor, ON, Canada
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Word is la selecta plays Guate and Jamaica in august at RFK.

8. BigDreams

BigDreams Member

Aug 22, 2010
    Windsor, ON, Canada
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Along with the 2 friendlies mentioned above we will also play a friendly against Serie A club AS Roma. Not sure of dates yet if anyone knows please post or start a new friendly thread.

9. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
  10. Cheyoquintanilla

Jun 22, 2012
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Wondering if Roma will bring their "A" Team? Either way it's a great friendly.
    Who knows, we might end up having another Selecta Player scouted after.

11. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Not really anyone to scout left lol.
    Pacheco and Romero already have interest in Holland so high possibility they are going
    Burgos and Dennis Alas have a high possibility too

The only ones I can see being sent aboard are
    Steve Purdy
    Eliseo Quintanilla
    Isidro Gutierrez
    Benji Villalobos
    and maybe Edwin Sanchez and Herbert Sosa if they get more playing time with the national team.

12. Mago Cuscatleco

Sep 17, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    When INTER came to Toronto they mixed it up with Veterans and the primavera u-19 team so i expect Roma to do the same

13. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    I would add some of the young guys like Larin, Baires, Bonilla and some of the FESA players like Pena, Bustillo. Even guys like the Ceren brothers could play in other Central American leagues our players are finally getting the opportunities and there are a decent amount of young talented players coming up to take advantage of those opportunities.

14. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Larin still young and has not played with the senior national team, Baires I honestly don't see him going aboard soon, and Bonilla needs more playing time and to me right now doesn't seem like a good enough level to go aboard yet.

15. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    Pretty soon we could become a country that not only exports its top players but also young prospects. Guys like Larin started to get attention in the U20 and U23 tournaments now its just a matter of showing that promise at the next level if Bautista who only had a few national team call ups can get a team in Israel to look at him then those other guys have a shot as well. Larin especially has a shot now that he served his suspension he is a lock to get a call in and Israel seems to like calling in Bonilla and Baires so they should have opportunities to show what they have as well. The opportunities are finally there for our young guys unlike the past where only the established players went abroad

16. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Yeah I know it was just my opinion but the reason why I said that because the only way they will get noticed if they play more games and are standing out but out of the young players I do think Larin has a chance but I think it's a little too early. If someone picks him early then good but highly doubt it.

Now Bautista is another story he stood out during the CCL with Metapan and with the senior national team he showed he has potential to become a better player which probably caught the attention from clubs aboard.

17. Cheyoquintanilla

Jun 22, 2012
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Do the games angainst Moldovia and New zealand count towards FIFA Rankings?
    Considering they're not on FIFA Dates

18. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    They do both of those games are already a part of our current ranking

19. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
  20. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Wow it's a sports news interview. Anyone has the right to give their opinion when it comes to the sport they are talking about and if Ruben was asked the question that lead him to answer what "offended" Rodriguez then he's allowed to if he wants to cause they asked. Rodriguez should be professional, do his job, pay him, and not get his emotions get in the way. He's being too dramatic.

What next? A Salvadoran fan criticizing Rodriguez and gonna try canceling a Salvadoran soccer for them or something stupid. :rolleyes:

Something tells me Rodriguez just making an excuse to have more money with INDES and trying not to pay him so they don't lose that money. (Just my guess)

21. Cheyoquintanilla

Jun 22, 2012
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    What i'm worried about is Israel fed up after this and deciding to quit. He has been linked to meeting up with Directives from Nacional in Uruguay, While on vacation. The last thing we need is a DT Change midway through WC qualifiers.

22. Cheyoquintanilla

Jun 22, 2012
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    In other news we dropped to 67 in Fifa Rankings

23. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    If he does leave Tuco Alfaro will take his spot I bet. I'm hoping he doesn't quit but damn they make it difficult for him to stay. Also doesn't help the media keeps making things worse.

24. salvatruco21

salvatruco21 Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Centreville
    Club:
    CD Atletico Balboa
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    It is a shame Ruben said he doesnt care and he will work for free it shows his commitment for the national team its a shame cuz this is the closest of chances of going to a world cup where costa rica hondruas are in big holes after usa mexico there not a team that you can say that dominate region and usa are shaky too not looking so good and instead of helping our cause we make it worse we got the talent to make it but its a shame people get in they way instead of helping SOLO ESTORBAN and i bet this got to do with Reguamas they still mad he got knocked off He was trash and after reading this i guess Jorge Ramos was right chelona is making campaign to get him off the team what more proof you need not paying him for expressing his feeling

BigDreams repped this.
  25. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    La Chelona interviewed by el grafico. Starts the interview by saying he is protecting El Salvador then midwayt through the interview shifts the blame to FESFUT president Carlos Mendez for using Israel

http://www.elgrafico.com/destacado-...0-qmendez-le-calento-la-cabeza-a-israelq.html

Then goes back to saying he is withholding Israel's pay because he is protecting the country and needlessly throws el Mago into this. He even threatnes to withhold all of INDES money if things don't move in the way he wants. Right before 2 very important qualifiers he chooses to do this