Official National Team thread - 2012 Edition

Discussion in 'El Salvador' started by slaminsams, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Yeah FESFUT really dragged their feet with this one while call ups are barely going to start next week, Panama is already on their 3rd cycle in prep for the competition. Hopefully he doesn't call up any old guys.

2. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    It sounds like La Chochera's contract will be for a year which means it will expire at the same time Cuate Castillo's contract expires. It could mean both of them get dropped once they have more wiggle room with their funds to look for another coach.

3. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    A lot of fans dislike the fact that Chochera is going to be the coach and that it should be Edwin Portillo, but if you think about it most of Metapan players come from CD FAS almost every season. Edwin pretty good setting up on the offense but you'll notice his tactically he's alright pretty close to bad, defensively he's pretty bad, and he only thinks about his current team instead young players for the future. Chochera has the tactics, he keeps his team pretty balanced in all positions, and doesn't just think about current team but his future one too by having a mixed of young players in there too.

Now hopefully Chochera can bring that to the national team level. Portillo wouldn't make a bad assistant coach and could probably make a difference in helping out Chochera but I don't think the Federation would pay him comfortably.

slaminsams repped this.
  4. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Well reports said Chochera is making considerably way less than what el Cuate was making so it makes Portillo being an assistant unlikely.

5. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    But is it less than what CD FAS were paying him?

6. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    That I don't know.

7. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    If it's more than what FAS was paying him then maybe they have a chance of getting Portillo too.

8. Cheyoquintanilla

Jun 22, 2012
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I did hear the guys from El Desempate Joking about it being 10,000 a month

9. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Could be true since Juan De Dios Castillo I think was getting 30,000

10. Mago Cuscatleco

Sep 17, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    thats yearly btw not monthly

11. mcdwg76

mcdwg76 Member

Jan 30, 2009
    OKinawa, Japan
    Club:
    Alianza FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    you're joking right? We're bad but not that bad. Ruben Israel was making i think 25 G's per month. Still considered low in the region, Reynaldo Rueda from Honduras was making 350 G's yearly during the world cup.
    http://blog.3four3.com/2009/12/12/world-cup-coaching-salaries/

12. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    How much was Cuate making a month? Also is he still getting paid?

13. GUANACO1

GUANACO1 Member

May 18, 2007
    Los Angeles
    hopefully he is here to stay... I love it...we win

14. Mago Cuscatleco

Sep 17, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I really don't think they make that yearly... I could be wrong but i really don't think so I cant find where they would get that money i mean tickets and advertising? Living expenses is pretty cheap in ES

15. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    Indes pays a large portion of the salary. Castillo is making more then 30,000 a year

16. mcdwg76

mcdwg76 Member

Jan 30, 2009
    OKinawa, Japan
    Club:
    Alianza FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    El cuate was making more than 20 G's pe month, he is still under contract but the pay may have been suspended because he left the country

17. mcdwg76

mcdwg76 Member

Jan 30, 2009
    OKinawa, Japan
    Club:
    Alianza FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    An average player in ES makes about 5 G's per month in ES I think. The national coach due to the responsibilities, and exposure for sure has to make way more.

By the way feliz navidad eveyone, a comer pan con chompipe

18. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    FESFUT wants Ernesto Gochez to stay on as an assistant coach to La chochera. He is doing a pretty poor job of coordinating the national teams I have yet to see a call up go smoothly during his time as coordinator, he has been having a hard time coordinating the U20 along with the senior team lately and he was responsible for some of the questionable decisions during Cuate Castillos tenure. It should be time to clean house after some very terrible results at every level but instead FESFUT is insisting things stay the same

http://www.laprensagrafica.com/Gochez-seria-uno-de-los-asistentes

19. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    How does Haiti manage to get Chile for a friendly. :/

20. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    A lot of Haitian immigrants in Chile.. Jean Beausejour is Haitian.. lol, but idk.. thats a good question.

21. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    Juan Ramon Sanchez Juventude Independiente's coach has been chosen as La Chochera's assistant. Good pick in my opinion he has been one of the few coaches that takes the time to develop players, for the most part he likes to play a positive brand of football but like most of our coaches is a beat weak at organizing a team defense. This will hurt Juve but he seems like a good fit for the NT hopefully they let him work with the youth squads he would be an upgrade from the coaches we have now.

http://www.culebritamacheteada.com....ez-sera-el-asistente-tecnico-de-la-seleccion/

22. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Well no surprise since Bruno is saying that Pacos has not received anything regarding a call up for AA... Which makes sense since AA does post when he receives a call up.