Official National Team thread - 2012 Edition

Discussion in 'El Salvador' started by slaminsams, Jan 6, 2012.

1. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010

El Mago has officially been brought on as a coach for this World Cup cycle.

2. proud smurf

proud smurf Member

Jul 30, 2005
    Uranus
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mK9PrI12cmY"]FESFUT se reunio con dirigentes de la Primera Division por un posible partido ante Bolivia 09/01/12 - YouTube[/ame]

4. BigDreams

BigDreams Member

Aug 22, 2010
    Windsor, ON, Canada
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    What were the dates for the Bolivia and Estonia friendlies again?

5. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    The game against Bolivia if it did happen would be Feb 16 or 17 in Bolivia.

The Estonia game is scheduled for Feb 29th in Los Angeles.

6. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    The game against Bolivia is officially canceled

7. mcruic

mcruic Member

Jun 26, 2004
    Scotland
    Club:
    Dundee United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
  8. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    We moved up 5 spots and are now ranked 64th in the world

Rugamas will no longer be Israel's assistant coach he may now become the U17 coach. It was said Israel wanted to bring in a coach he worked with in South America but FESFUT is saying it has to be a Salvadorian coach

9. BigDreams

BigDreams Member

Aug 22, 2010
    Windsor, ON, Canada
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Israel should be given the freedom to bring in anyone he wants to bring. As long as its reasonable.

10. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    Paolo Suarez may not be eligible to play for El Salvador because he hasn't lived in the country for 5 continuous years.

11. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Hopefully the fact that he was just in vacation in Holland and didn't play a minute in Uruguay comes to play in his favor. I'd imagine FIFA might say no as they have abad relationship with our federation. Hopefully, they give him the pass though. It would be a little unfair seeing as he's only about 7 months at most short of 5 years.

12. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
  13. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    I think he would make a great assistant but if they are going to allow Israel to get a non Salvadorian coach all of a sudden then they should have just let him pick who ever he wanted in the first place. I know there are benefits to having it be someone familiar with our league but now it just seems like they wasted a lot of time for nothing.

14. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Great candidate. He's Peruvian but also has been in El Salvador for a while and knows our players. I'd love this.

15. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    I am not big on discussing gossip but the conflict between Israel and some of the other coaches just keeps avalanching. I can see this turning into a bigger issue before its resolved. Here is what Israel had to say today (Feb 10th) interview (his part is toward the end). The show also goes over why Dustin isn't being called in. Someone has to get these guys to at minimum stop airing their stuff publicly this couldn't be happening at a worse time.

16. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    We are about to reach the highest FIFA ranking in our history (54) and will pass Costa Rica and Honduras to be the 5th highest ranked team in CONCACAF.

17. BigDreams

BigDreams Member

Aug 22, 2010
    Windsor, ON, Canada
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
  18. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Credit to the boys getting the results and Profe Israel. WE have been winning and getting points. The scoreline doesn't matter to me. We need the momentum and confidence and we are getting it done. This is very encouraging!

19. Mago Cuscatleco

Sep 17, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    If only we can crack the top 30 spot now.......big jump from being in the 100s.:D

20. BigDreams

BigDreams Member

Aug 22, 2010
    Windsor, ON, Canada
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    That would be epic. We could definately make the top 50's if we win some important games (Mex and CR).

21. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I'm sure with beating Estonia and getting another friendly win under our belt we will crack top 50.

Also, I just read the interview with Ruben Israel and he seemed so content and proud of this accomplishment. It's really refreshing to hear him talk and still maintain a level head. With more time he's going to turn this team around. He's a great manager, honestly.

22. chill75

chill75 Member

Apr 11, 2010
    I feel the same about him. But apparently, because of his reserved personality, he's now pissed many media people and some people he works with. Now some media ppl are on his case and want his head
    All for being organised and making the national team less approachable as they were in the past. With DLC the media would have an interview anywhere anytime, same as the players. Israel works different and remember that media need news to subsist so now they focus on the negative to havesomething to talk about For example the fact that he was away from watching league games and away in his home country for so long. Some people are NEVER happy

23. BigDreams

BigDreams Member

Aug 22, 2010
    Windsor, ON, Canada
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    FESFUT "officially" sign Magico Gonzalez as a consultant. He'll be with the sub-23 for the PR game and then preparing for the Estonia friendly.

His role with the NT's is unclear though. I don't know what his role is exactly. I'm assuming he'll serve as a second opinion to Ruben and Tuco. I hope he focuses on our strikers at all levels.

http://www.elsalvadorfc.com/2012-02-21-magico-asesor-de-selecciones

24. Mago Cuscatleco

Sep 17, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CL1ldjKoqyw&feature=g-all-u&context=G2d08edfFAAAAAAAAAAA"]Ruben Israel fue el invitado de Republica Deportiva donde hablo de su proceso con La Selecta 26/2/12 - YouTube[/ame]

HAHA :D

25. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador