Official Melbourne Victory Thread III [R]

Discussion in 'Australian A-League' started by Quicky, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Quicky

Quicky Member

Jul 2, 2007
    Wherever I May Roam
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    It's a good season to be a Victory supporter. We are looking the business right now. It's disappointing about Finkler though. Leijer is a little shakey at the back too, and Ferreira. A flawed team right now but one that could take it out.

2. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain
    Yeah I guess, it turned around slowly Last season was a disaster, winced and cried most of the season . It was depressing. I was trying to convert my non-footy friends back then as well... at least North Terrace entertained them.

3. Soccerfever

Soccerfever Member

Aug 30, 2001
    Laval(Canada)
    Ange Postecoglu has a lot to do with it and Marco Rojas is having a tremendous season.

4. Quicky

Quicky Member

Jul 2, 2007
    Wherever I May Roam
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Anyway you break it down that effort last night was disgraceful and unacceptable. Injuries certainly don't help but playing youth can't be seen as an excuse for such an insipid performance. Leijer and Coe are all at sea right now, hell the whole backline. We desperately need a leader back there and Leijer has wilted under that responsibility. It's sad what has happened to such a talented player, he just isn't the player he was. He misses Muscat no doubt. Tando deserves another taste at Coes expense. We were desperately wrong not bringing in an equally experienced and quality player for Finkler coz we just can't expect Pain and Stella to provide what Gui brought us.

5. Soccerfever

Soccerfever Member

Aug 30, 2001
    Laval(Canada)
    Everytime MVFC plays CCM,you know it's not gonna be easy but I was shellshocked about the final score.Now 3 losses in a row and one of the worst defeats in the club's history.

6. Quicky

Quicky Member

Jul 2, 2007
    Wherever I May Roam
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Good result away in the end. Geez I love Archie, he is this teams heart and soul. I hope the Traore injury isn't too serious, his reaction was very concerning though. Good to see Coe regain some confidence. And looking forward to Flores return. We still just are not he complete package. A little brittle at the back and lacking some scoring options through the midfield. A lack of experience too. I'm pretty stoked with where we are sitting to be honest, hopefully we are building to bigger things.

7. Hachiko

Hachiko The Akita on Big Soccer

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think we'll be stuck at third heading into the Finals Series, given that we win out.

8. Hachiko

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shite-show football from Victory today. They should be ashamed of themselves for that display.

9. Quicky

Quicky Member

Jul 2, 2007
    Wherever I May Roam
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I missed this one. Were'd we go wrong? We've been shiteful for over a month now. I was hoping Flores was going to bring a bit back but really Finkler was the biggest piece of midfield.

10. Hachiko

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Josh Risdon is the latest in a bunch of players that took three points away from the Victory. No intensity or drive this game. Shameful.

11. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/a-league/news/1154164/Victory-ace-Milligan-rejects-UAE-millions

12. Like No Other

Like No Other New Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Relieved Milligan didn't take the bait and go.

Quicky repped this.
  13. chriso11

chriso11 Member

Sep 17, 2011
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I am proud to be a Victory supporter. Going to every home game and cheering with the cheer squad. It's what I do. I already knew this year was not our year. Next season we are going to wake up and play like we have never before. Yes it was a shame loosing Rojas and I am very upset about it but Ange is going to sort out the Attacking Midfield. If anything, Ange could push Milligan up next to Thompson and maybe play someone in the gap. This is just my opinion, what do you guys think? :)

Quicky repped this.
  14. Like No Other

Like No Other New Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Milligan is versatile enough to pull it off but he'd leave a gaping hole behind him if he goes forward. It was very frustrating watching Flores appear like a fish out of water week after week. If he and Ange can't get on the same page about what his role is I think they should move Flores on.

Quicky repped this.
  15. Quicky

Quicky Member

Jul 2, 2007
    Wherever I May Roam
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I think he has found his best role for club and country in that holding midfield role. We need to find another CB to help out Ansell. Leijer has been playing badly for far too long. I think a change for club and player may be in the best interests of both. I wonder if there is any truth to the rumour we will sign Giorgios Karagounas? He would be a great get. If we got him, Nichols has come in and Finkler back we only really need to get a CB and RB.

16. Like No Other

Like No Other New Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Today's newspaper was talking up how good a fit Lucas Neil might be at Victory. Didn't sound like a great idea at first. But the more I think about it the more I like the idea. Could leave Ansel in the cold though, and he had a promising year.

17. Quicky

Quicky Member

Jul 2, 2007
    Wherever I May Roam
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I think Leijer makes way before Ansell myself. I like the idea of chasing Spiranovic and Gameiro for CB and RB respectively. Spira toiling away in middle eastern obscurity and Gameiro is currently clubless. Karagounis is reportedly after too much cashola.

18. Like No Other

Like No Other New Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    The problems are all at the back that's for sure. The defence was holding together - just - until Traore went down. Our season went down with him, and I knew, like many others did, they couldn't win it without him.

19. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Visiting my brother in Melbourne and going to my first ever A-League game tomorrow... well, it's my first time in Australia for almost 2 decades but off to Melbourne Victory vs. Sydney FC tomorrow... are they expecting a good crowd?

el-capitano repped this.
  23. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Victory usually pull a decent crowd, have fun! :)

glennaldo_sf repped this.
  24. Quicky

Quicky Member

Jul 2, 2007
    Wherever I May Roam
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    You're banned from ever going to another Melbourne Victory game ever :p

In seriousness, I think it is time for a new gaffer. We have a good team. Muscat is doing nothing with it.

glennaldo_sf repped this.
  25. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ouch that was brutal. Just got back from the game, after the Aussie Day festival at the Docklands... really loving Melbourne - beautiful city, great people, fantastic stadiums, just the football team.... erm.... well maybe that wasn't the best game to go to for the first time... still, will take Victory as my A-League team from now on and will be rooting for you guys from here on. Yeah it does sound like there was quite some discontent with the manager from the fans at the stadium. Was gonna post some vid clips I got from the match, but maybe should just leave it be...:(