Official Melbourne Victory Thread II [R]

Discussion in 'Australian A-League' started by RED STRIPE MAGIC, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RED STRIPE MAGIC

Oct 20, 2006
    Melbourne
    Continue club dicusstion here:

Happy 500 post to the MELBOURNE VICTORY THREAD

2. Cesc_MVFC

Cesc_MVFC New Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Melbourne, Aus
  3. RED STRIPE MAGIC

Oct 20, 2006
    Melbourne
    Re: Official Melbourne Victory Thread II[R]

great logo's Cesc_MVFC and thanks for placing the previous thread address as well i forgot all about it..

4. RED STRIPE MAGIC

Oct 20, 2006
    Melbourne
    s h it sh it shit we are just s h i t..

the only hard working players we has where archie as always and kaz and kaz was the first one to go and when he was subed it was all over for us

5. Football Mad

Football Mad New Member

Dec 28, 2006
    Melbourne,AUS
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Another night of shit football

6. Dave The Man

Dave The Man New Member

Jan 7, 2007
    They Need to Sack the Hack Merrick NOW:mad:

7. DandyMick

DandyMick New Member

Jun 7, 2007
    Kaz had to stay on. He was causing a lot of trouble down the flank. Then Caceres was subbed off for Danny Dumbshit and it was all over. UEFA coaching licence or not, the logic Merrick uses to make these decisions is flawed. No width after Kaz and Caceres went. None. Why take off attacking players when we need to win. Why not take a punt and take off Broxham (who will be a good player, but is defensively minded) for Ward.

We had to win, and the personnel changes did not help us score, but hindered us. If anyone's got access to FIFA '08, make the same changes as Merrick did and see how you go. Good Luck.

8. Dave The Man

Dave The Man New Member

Jan 7, 2007
    We need to do something before the ACL

9. Sardukar

Sardukar Member

Dec 24, 2006
    Sydney
    Melbourne weren't too bad. But you guys got outclassed by Griffiths and Denni again. Also Patafta? he is useless. Not sure why everyone wants Merrick gone, if Melbourne sign a quality player maker they'll be good next year.

10. Wezza

Wezza Member

Sep 17, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Worked out well for us. The 2 teams just outside the 4 faultered....Sweet!

11. Dave The Man

Dave The Man New Member

Jan 7, 2007
    Kaz is Good it's just that Merrick Never Plays Him

12. fUR1O'S Utd

fUR1O'S Utd New Member

Sep 26, 2007
    Melbourne
    It's not Ernies fault, the team is full of hacks and injuries at the moment. Love, Kemp, Keenan and Allsopp are all useless. Simple.:eek:

13. Cesc_MVFC

Cesc_MVFC New Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Melbourne, Aus
    Re: Official Melbourne Victory Thread II[R]

:)
    No problem

14. Cesc_MVFC

Cesc_MVFC New Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Melbourne, Aus
    Victory may play Socceroos for Asian warm-up

http://www.theage.com.au/news/socce...or-asian-warmup/2007/12/17/1197740182137.html

15. tfoz

tfoz Member

Jun 3, 2005
    I highly doubt they'll play the socceroos, but I hope they do get a few good matches in preparation, and in between, ACL games.

16. RED STRIPE MAGIC

Oct 20, 2006
    Melbourne
    http://foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,22979...from=public_rss

Ward to make Victory debut
    By Grantley Bernard
    December 28, 2007 MELBOURNE Victory are set to make three changes to their line-up, including a first start for signing Nick Ward, for the New Year's Eve game against Central Coast Mariners.

While the Mariners are shaping as successors to Victory's A-League championship crown, Melbourne are out of finals calculations with four games to play, but are not giving up on the season and will field a strong line-up on Monday in Gosford.

That will mean a start for attacking midfielder Ward, who came off the bench to play the second half of the 3-1 loss to Newcastle Jets a fortnight ago, while striker Danny Allsopp will also be promoted from the bench.

It is likely Victory will also make one more change in a bid to bolster the defence, so Steven Pace and Steve Pantelidis are both in line for recalls after time on the sideline through injury and suspension.

The return of Allsopp to the first 11 comes due to the suspension of Carlos Hernandez, who scored against the Jets in his new role as striker.

But the chance for Ward to play 90 minutes, probably at the expense of Kaz Patafta, will be one to interest all Victory fans.

Signed from English Championship club Queens Park Rangers on a six-month deal at the end of the November transfer window, Ward is looking to impress future employers, while Victory wants to persuade him to stay next season.

"Nick Ward's a very good player," Victory coach Ernie Merrick said.

"He did well when he came on (against Newcastle) so we'll be giving him a start. He combines well with Leigh Broxham and they have played together with the Australian under-23 team.

"We want to strengthen the midfield and the defence, and we'll have Danny Allsopp coming back up-front. We're looking at a couple of options in defence, but we will be bringing Nick Ward into the midfield."

Even though Victory are out of the A-League finals and fighting to avoid the wooden spoon, it remains important to finalise a line-up in preparation for the Asian Champions League, which kicks-off at Telstra Dome on March 12.

When its squad is healthy, Victory has good depth. So much so that Scottish midfield anchor Grant Brebner may be on the bench against the Mariners as he comes back from a lingering groin problem.

In fact, captain Kevin Muscat may drop back into defence with Rodrigo Vargas and Daniel Piorkowski when he returns from a long-term shoulder injury so that Brebner can join Broxham and Ward in midfield for the ACL campaign.

great to see ward going to make his first start for the victory however probly at the expence of kaz back on the bench.

it is very very annoying when you see a player like kaz being moved around like that all the time and nothing happens to broxham. and if i where to pick one of the 2 i would go with kaz.

so it looks like Brebner, Broxham and Ward in midfield for the ACL campaign which to me there is no skill like kaz has with these 3 on the park..

17. Glory08

Glory08 Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Perth, Australia
    So dam annoying that this STILL continues. Only 4 games left and it seems Kaz will continue to waste away. I was kind of hopeful for a sustained final fling, given the Victory's disappointing season and the need for changes in midfield.

Does Ernie just, quite simply, have it in for Kaz?

I really hope he can be loaned out again, next season, to another A-League club who WILL play him. But then, maybe it's best he was actually loaned out to a Portuguese 2nd Division team, as initially suggested. I forget, but I think his contract with Porto comes under review soon, so he may end up leaving the club in a season or so anyway? If that's the case, hopefully he'll end up with a mid level club in the Portuguese First Division, Dutch Eredivise, the French Ligue 1 or somewhere, with the exception of England.

You know, DAMM, but if guys like Holman can play regular Dutch Eredivise Football, then surely Patafta can??

18. jade1mls

jade1mls Member

Jul 9, 2006
    Seattle
    thought some of you fred fans might like this:
    "i see fred!"
    [youtube]Rg16DwgN39U[/youtube]

19. RED STRIPE MAGIC

Oct 20, 2006
    Melbourne
    melbourne 5 - CCM 2

we finally won and played a great brand of footy for the whole of the 90 minutes.

20. Wezza

Wezza Member

Sep 17, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    A big thank you to Melbourne, you just gave us a nice little helping hand in the run to the premiership!! :)

21. Glory08

Glory08 Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Perth, Australia
    Did Kaz play a part in the match?

22. RED STRIPE MAGIC

Oct 20, 2006
    Melbourne
    na mate not really. he only came on in the last 2 minutes of the match Just to get a little run on the ground. to me merrick should of put him on the ground around the 65 or 70 min mark when the victory couldn't even get the ball and hold on to it and was defendering alot of the time against the ccm.

to tell you the truth ppl i dont know what all the fuss is about for ward. to me he didn't do much against the ccm. i can not recall anything he did in the match. kaz to me should on been on the ground instead of him or the other young victory player in the midfeld.

23. RED STRIPE MAGIC

Oct 20, 2006
    Melbourne
    mate CCM was a strong club in the first half of the season and they really have droped off in the second half. i think queensland will finish on top and end up winning everything. not bad for frank farina in only his what second season. and he wasn't even in the entire season last year. his only been the for only a year and a bit. not bad not bad at all.

who says australia do not have any football coaches. we do and we dont need to go overseas and pay millions for them. keep the millions here and pay the Aussie coaches.

24. Wezza

Wezza Member

Sep 17, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I have to say, i have been happy with Frank at Queensland. Never really liked him in charge of the NT. But he has made some great decisions this year, i.e. bringing in Kruse, Zullo & Minnecon. I hope you're right in saying we'll win it!!

Anyways, sorry i guess we're going off topic now. ;)

25. golazo mvfc

golazo mvfc New Member

Jun 2, 2007
    Melbourne.
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I'm putting $50 on Melbourne to make the finals today.

If it comes through, I get $5,050