Official Melbourne City Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Australian A-League' started by SoundersBeliever, May 14, 2009.

1. mike4066

mike4066 Member+

Jun 30, 2007
    Chula Vista, CA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Heart drew 0-0 with Victory and they are still suffering from the same dilemma. Why can't they shoot? They play at least one pass too many! Are they scared to shoot?

Babalj is being wasted in this Viduka-type role. He can hold up the ball but surely they can make the use of his height and teach him to get onto Worm and Dzuganzic's crosses!

3. zhuangzi

zhuangzi Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Was on pretty big money (750kish), wasn't particularly popular with dressing room either apparently.

4. theo007

theo007 New Member

Feb 5, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    The melbourne derby is a great spectical. Having two teams from the same city with such passion makes the A-League better. Yes, I am a Melbourne Heart supporter, but think, despite the hate for the other colour, it is quite impressive. In my eyes anyway...

5. Blake8

Blake8 Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Sydney
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    how is your fan base going down there,its around 6,000 isnt it? Not having a go, just asking

6. theo007

theo007 New Member

Feb 5, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    it doesnt matter the number of supporters we have, its about how passionate they are. just remember we've been here for 2 years, you... 6. dont go comparing our crowd to yours.

7. Blake8

Blake8 Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Sydney
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    what part of I'm not having a go at you did u not understand exactly?
    I was interested in how much support you guys are getting,nobody is attacking you ok

8. theo007

theo007 New Member

Feb 5, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Yes i know that, sorry. but i still think that everyones gotta give the new boys a break. because any comment made about crowd unintentionally or intentionally is having a go.

9. Blake8

Blake8 Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Sydney
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    lol can anyone else help

10. wixshrinker

wixshrinker New Member

Feb 11, 2012
    im italian today i saw the melbourn hearth team playing withe new castle ..
    i registered on this forum just to let u know that the melbourn heart are the worst football team ever existed in the world...please change sport...i ever seen fotball players useless like u guys...change technics or change sport, and of course.....change players !!!!!!!!!!

maybe i know why nobody want australian football players...

wow... incredible... 3 -0 , 2 shoot in 93minutes...damm...u should win LOSER prize...

11. jimbregas

jimbregas Member

May 20, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Ha, this guy's a f*****g comedian.

12. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Well its good to see some international fans aint it? :D

To put it into context for our impressed Italian, the Heart were missing 6 starters in their first XI. 3 through injury (including their captain & best player- Fred) & 3 through international duty. That would take a chunk out of any team. ;)

13. jimbregas

jimbregas Member

May 20, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Yeah, i suppose it is good to get some international fans...

If I remember correctly, Cagliari tried to sign Michael Marrone.

14. theo007

theo007 New Member

Feb 5, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    if melbourne heart are the worst team in the a-league and are able to beat the reigning premiers and cross town rivals, then shit, i must be missing something. he's right, heart were missing 6 of there best.. take that out of any side! you watched one game! why dont you go back over the history and watch the victory v adelaide grand final or the brisbane v sydney game or victory v heart game.

buddy there are a few aussies playing in the seria a...
    plus id rather watch second class players than watch a bunch of diving morons.

15. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Heart closes in on coaching decision

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1101801/Heart-closes-in-on-coaching-decision

16. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  17. zhuangzi

zhuangzi Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Heart are rumoured to have accepted Red Star's offer for Babalj. Massive blow if true.

18. Bass0r

Bass0r Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Tokyo/N. Velidhoo
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    If Babalj goes, I don't think it'll put a massive dent in Heart, but it will still take a while for them to adjust. The biggest blow will be that it could prevent anyone from hearing about Babalj for a very long time, if ever again.

19. zhuangzi

zhuangzi Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Oh ye of little faith :p

20. Bass0r

Bass0r Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Tokyo/N. Velidhoo
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I'm not saying that area is poor for development or that the A-League is any better, but in recent history it seems to be far from being in the media spotlight.

And when was the last time an Aussie playing in that region was so much as looked at for a cap? Been donkeys from what I recall.

21. RedStarBg

RedStarBg Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Serbia
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    If your commenting on Serbian Superleague status comparing to A-league, than your totally wrong, if Babalj play well here he will definitely be in the center of attention of foreign managers and top 5 Euro leagues clubs and this will further affect media attention for him, since Red Star has good status when it comes to talented young players, dont worry about that, it all depends on his performance, good players dont stay here too long, since they always go to bigger European clubs after 1-2 seasons.

And can anyone tell me what we can expect from Babalj, are you satisfied with his performance in your club?

22. zhuangzi

zhuangzi Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I don't think any Melbourne Heart fans actually post here, but every time I've seen Babalj play I've been impressed - he's got the potential to be a great striker. He's big, fast, has a good football brain and is always looking to hit the back of the net. I hope he can develop even further at Red Star.

23. Bass0r

Bass0r Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Tokyo/N. Velidhoo
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I wasn't really commenting on the status of Serbian football at all. In fact, I think it's a decent league and he's done well to get a spot there. And I'm not doubting the potential for his future by playing over there, either.

The comment was more to do with the fact that any attention he'd get from Australian media is practically gone with a move to that region, because it gets little coverage. There are quite a few Australians in the area and we don't hear about them.

Anyway, Babalj has been praised as a tall player that's good with his feet, he's got decent positioning and a lot of people have touted him to be a great all-round striker when he's older. He's always been good to watch and one of the better youngsters of recent years (at least in his position).

el-capitano and RedStarBg repped this.
  24. 007GS

007GS Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I might not be remembering correctly, but there were a lot of calls for Babalj to play in the recent olympic qualifiers right? Vidmar decided to go with world beaters such as Hoffman while rarely playing Amini etc. Anyway, Babalj is a good pickup for red star imo.

25. zhuangzi

zhuangzi Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Yep, just one reason why I believe nearly everything Vidmar did right was really Phil Stubbins.