OFFICIAL LA Galaxy 2 USL Pro Team 2014

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by forie, Jan 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. forie

forie Member+

Sep 14, 2007
    Costa Mesa
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @LAGalaxyInsider: Tonight is the debut of center back Bradley Diallo, a Marseille Academy product who last played with Royal White Star Bruxelles in Belgium.

WarGalaxy repped this.
  2. GalaxyKoa

GalaxyKoa Member+

Jul 18, 2007
    North County
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is anyone having issues with the stream not getting past 46:09? It just stops there every time and won't progress beyond.

Edit: it's working now, but I missed like 10 minutes of the game.

3. Beirut

Beirut Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Video stopped for me. Looks like it's back. You'd think I was watching a game from 3 division Macedonia or something. They need to handle these video/audio problems

4. GalaxyKoa

GalaxyKoa Member+

Jul 18, 2007
    North County
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It really is pretty terrible. The out of sync audio aside, I can't get the stream to go for more than 30 seconds without it stopping.

Also, Chandler Hoffman hasn't looked good.

5. Beirut

Beirut Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    0-3 now. That was ugly.

6. forie

forie Member+

Sep 14, 2007
    Costa Mesa
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We look terrible...especially since sac played yesterday.

7. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The flesh colored socks Sacramento is wearing are a bit unnerving. That uni could use a facelift. And do they have a college as a sponsor - UC Davis? How weird to see a college name on a pro team.

dashiel repped this.
  8. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    Literally some of the worst soccer I've ever seen. Worse than the actual skill is the laziness & lack of effort.

73Bruin repped this.
  9. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    Totally agree.

10. Beirut

Beirut Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I'm not sure if there isn't enough skill on this roster, and lets be honest there probably isn't, to maintain possession and penetrate through a defense OR Onalfo just doesn't know how to get the most out of the skilled players on this squad and doesn't know how to come up with a game plan. Both? Ugly soccer the last few gams for G2. The way i see G2 is how I see an academy team. I don't care if we win but I want to see our young players learn and develop. I want to see them preparing for G1 and playing a similar style. I think these guys have maybe strung together 5 passes in the row before sloppily giving it to Sac. Also, when I see long balls like tonight I feel like Onalfo is cutting corners and emphasizing winning over developing these players. That won't do anything in the long run.

phoenixhazard repped this.
  11. Hachiko

Hachiko The Akita on Big Soccer

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One of G2's finest GJGE performances to date. GJGE G2.

12. Beirut

Beirut Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Adam Serrano ‏@LAGalaxyInsider 1m
    So @CozmoLAGalaxy just tried to get the stretcher out for a Sac player who was down on the ground with a bloody nose. He's MOTM for #LosDos.
    When the mascot is MOTM something is wrong. Very wrong. I think Cozmo would have played better defense on that last Sac goal though. He doesn't stand around like an orange cone. He at least shows some energy!

Hachiko repped this.
  13. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah, i'm very unimpressed with this. We don't seem to have any structure or idea of how to play. 0-3 is sad, very sad

14. Hachiko

Hachiko The Akita on Big Soccer

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    UC Davis County Hospital.

At least the Cosmos won.

15. 73Bruin

73Bruin Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Torrance, California
    I was going to say something about how bad the Galaxy II were but then I realized they were missing McBean, Sorto and Jamison from the regular Galaxy II squad as well as Opare and Meyer. As much as some of you dislike McBean, its clear the Galaxy II are dependent upon him even when Onalfo plays him as the withdrawn forward/CAM rather than the target forward.

16. Irish.Long10

Irish.Long10 Member

Apr 1, 2014
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn't get to watch did Rogers get any mins? If so how did he look?

17. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not a whole lot positive to report. Too many lazy give-aways. Too slow. Too much passivity. Last night Sacto outclassed LAG2 across the board. Mendiola was effectively taken out of the game with physical pressure and when he did have the ball, it didn't look like anyone was making an effort to get open. Auras stood out on the suckitude scale, as did Diallo - I don't remember Diallo playing before. I hope I don't remember him playing again very soon. Garcia did not show well in Sorto's right back slot, but then very few players showed well at all. Hoffman and Rugg were both non-existant. As was the defense in the second half. They made Leo look like a world beater. Poor Brian Rowe - you had to feel sorry for how he was hung out to dry.

Here's what I saw on the plus side - and I had to look real close to see these things:

Robbie Rogers got in 35 minutes. He was moving easily and with speed. He was able to change directions and make some individual moves, all of which are encouraging for seeing him make himself useful to LAG. His ball skills were evident, but it was also clear that he was not on the page with the rest of the squad - a not surprising result given the short time he has trained with them. Consequently his efforts never linked up with anyone and didn't ultimately result in much positive. BUT, as an intensive training effort, the night served its purpose.

During the first half I thought G2's standout was Doikovic. He showed a lot of speed down the wing and was burning the Sacto outside back regularly.

That's about it, though.

18. pastor

pastor Member+

Jul 1, 2009
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    He looked healthy. Made a few nice moves.

Irish.Long10 repped this.
  19. Baysider

Baysider Member+

Jul 16, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I think there really isn't enough skill on the team. It's still a long time before everything shakes out but I guess we're a few years from having this be a useful development program. It's good for rehabbing players: Meyer, Opare and Rogers. It's good for trialing players: Auras and Dialo (but why we are looking at players who weren't making it in the lower divisions of other leagues, I don't know). It's not good is getting minutes to the first team reserves - Zardes, Meyer and Opare could all have benefited from minutes on Sunday.

I think part of the development problem is that our youth program is heavy on forwards. McBean, Villareal and Jamieson (though he has been getting some time in the midfield. Adonis Amaya is a forward although he turned down the HG offer. Our up and coming stars, Ruiz, Wright, Nunez. Mendiola is the exception now, but I think he mostly played forward in the academy.

For our drafted players, Hoffman and Rugg are more talented than Walker and Garcia. Until we can put four talented midfielders out there, the team is going to play ugly.

phoenixhazard, Beirut and WarGalaxy repped this.
  20. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    While it was dreadful soccer it bears keeping in mind the roster changes significantly based on the needs of G1, as it should. Disjointed games shouldn't be unexpected.

The Cadaver repped this.
  21. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    G1 needs and Dallas Cup games for three players this time.

The thing I have to keep reminding myself is that winning is only a secondary objective here. The main objective is to develop playera, and in Robbie's case to rehab players. Nice to win but that's not the main goal.

On the other hand, it was hard to see much development in the right direction last night, excepting Robbie.

Beirut and dashiel repped this.
  22. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    A few years down the road I think it could be reasonable to expect more consistency. For now I'm just thrilled it's happening even if it means enduring games like last night.

The Cadaver repped this.
  23. UcIceD2011

UcIceD2011 Member+

Jul 10, 2011
    Nor Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So Adonis turned down an HG offer? Along with Quezada turning down a GII contract, right?

Is Nunez still with the Galaxy? I was looking at the rosters for the younger programs and he is gone from every level. Is he hurt for the rest of the season?

24. TruffleShuffle

Dec 7, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i wouldn't be too worried about g2
    it exists as clear path to the first team and a vehicle to get consistent, controlled minutes for the HG players. the front office is basically paying a (relatively) small amount to develop them. i imagine Bruce doesn't care too much about g2 past the first half-dozen or so players
    it's kind of like when you put the promising freshman on the JV team with the juniors that couldn't make varsity.

The Cadaver repped this.
  25. Baysider

Baysider Member+

Jul 16, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    That's what I heard, also with Quezada, although I haven't seen anything official. Nunez is listed with the U-16's but I can't find a roster to see if he played.